Default Please toss War Chanter something ...

Please.

Take a step back. Look at EK. Look at War Priest. Heck, just look at Inflame - I bet it stacks with more crapstuff than WC buffs do. Plus, you know, they get blur and haste.

Seriously, please look at their tree and give them something.

- Maybe make their personal capstone for Bard20 not be outclassed by ML9 lootgen.
    - Maybe make Scaldic Rage not completely outclassed / replaced by one of the most common T1 ED twists - espescially if you have to freaking have Skaldic Rage going to use any of your personal DPS boosts. Dunno, maybe scale it?
    - Does Recklness still not stack with items? It has sucked so long, I've not bothered to check. Make it so it can stack if not, else that is ALSO replaced by a freaking item that everyone is going to slot anyway.
    - Scale frozen fury with a bard level or char level ... that thing is basically useless.

Or maybe all pure bard melee are really Spellsinger primary. Maybe WC is only for multiclass builds? (like those with 2 cleric/fvs levels so they can get Divine Might and Inflame ... or with 4 wizard)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

/Signed

Throw Warchanters a bone please & thanks! :P! ! ! More anything that's good! Asking nicely/sincerely/politely! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

agree. the tenser toggle look better on warchanter tree imo.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    /Signed

Throw Warchanters a bone please & thanks! :P! ! ! More anything that's good! Asking nicely/sincerely/politely! Cheers!
    Yeah, I am going to agree that Warchanter could definitely use some help.

/signed

and why do we need to spend so much on fluff as bards to get any devotion? baaaaahhhhh!!! and stupid wc capstone outdated by korthos level random gen loot awesome!!!

How about adding the ability to cast while Barbarian/Madstone raged and not having casting penalties from Tenser’s?

Also, the Medium Armor proficiency as a tier V ability? Really?
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Maybe make Scaldic Rage not completely outclassed / replaced by one of the most common T1 ED twists - espescially if you have to freaking have Skaldic Rage going to use any of your personal DPS boosts. Dunno, maybe scale it?
    Actually, Skaldic Rage stacks with Rage (spell) or Primal Scream.

But generally the tree is extremely weak. Inspire Courage bumps are rare and tiny. And the filler expensive useless enhancements that grant devotion... ouch.

/ signed
    Want to do a Bard WC next life just fro the flavor but the weak tree is holding me back at the moment.

Not sure if Warpriest is something to aspire to.
    Inflame doesn't work half the time , deity weapons are useless ( shortsword okay but buggy anyway ) and except PRR and ameliorating strike, the rest of the tree is convenience at best.

Nerf bards !
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Inflame doesn't work half the time
    Yes! I have observed this. I have gotten to a state where it stopped working consistently: Hit Inflame, charge consumed, cooldown starts, no effect icon, no nothing. Until logout.

I thought they threw them a bone by letting them take virtuoso and spell singer enhancements too...

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Not sure if Warpriest is something to aspire to.
    Inflame doesn't work half the time , deity weapons are useless ( shortsword okay but buggy anyway ) and except PRR and ameliorating strike, the rest of the tree is convenience at best.
    It works all the time on my Cleric 2 / Ranger 2 / Bard rest.

Maybe it only works to show up the Warchanter tree - fueled by spite?

Nerf bards !
    This is probably a more effective approach ;-)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Yes! I have observed this. I have gotten to a state where it stopped working consistently: Hit Inflame, charge consumed, cooldown starts, no effect icon, no nothing. Until logout.
    Same experience here.

I agree. WC is extremely weak as it stands. I've got my melee Bard in Spellsinger (which I guess makes her more of a utility char with some DPS), but I'd swap to WC in a heartbeat if it had anything really decent to offer.
    Pallai, Saraphima, Chennai
    Ascent, Argo
    No fancy formatting for you!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I agree, WC is very weak atm. The bonuses definitely need to stack with gear, otherwise they're pointless.
    It's definitely an N-word.

The WC its a pure class condemned to death. No Hit points, no really good boost to attacks/damage.

The nordic i dont know what - its horrible - "When you are hit by an ice spell"... in the 50% of the quest nobody attacks u with an ice spell...

The WC
    -It needs seriously add CHAR to attack/damage
    -Dispel song
    -bypass prr with piercing weapons
    -Extra music feat (D&D 3.5) - You may use your Bardic Music 4 extra times per day
    -Add WIS to your Bard abilitys
    -Expend one of your Song to do something like a stand - to choose from a list like
    **Battle dancer feat
    **Some cool instance like blaphemous song fet
    **Some other cool battle instance