Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

/signed for more Monster Manual volumes. It's one of the features I totally love, as it reminds me of the P&P days of flipping through a pile of musty books just to admire the artwork and become totally absorbed in learning new little tidbits about the creatures and races in the game. I can't say how pleased I am every time I see I've unlocked something new. I might have been guilty of stopping in the middle of a quest just to open the MM and find out.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayScioto View Post
    I won't kid myself and imagine that folks like the Monster Manual because it meshes so well with the tabletop D&D.

Folks probably "love MM cuz of teh free TP and stuff", but I would like to think that it is because the MM harkens back to the old tabletop days.

Now if we could get a detailed and fully printable character sheet along with more MM pages. I know Deadlock has asked for this in one if his posts.
    I have to admit I am one of those who just love it because it visualizes what you have done and who you put in the grave
    I indeed I would love and no doubt pay for a old school Charater sheet that could be printed with a kind of log of what you did with it.

But on the topic again...YEs Me want MM4.

They are fixing bugged entries, this is a great signal. I think Devil Assault will be bugged for life, however.

What I wanted to see alongside MM4:

1) Fixing al the bugged entries (Already started with U20)
    2) Changing MM 1 and 2 to give XP rewards based on MM 3 numbers (Prologue is free, it can stay pitiful)
    3) Changing MM 3 rewards to include an account-based Hunter achievment
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Can you remember when they added last volume?
    I can't.
    MM is yet another unfinished system, abandoned in the middle of developening process.
    Actually only two updates back.

Community Member

Oh and yeah i would absolutely love a MM4.

to indicate how much I like it... I never quit the game without looking at it first.

Community Member

A bit off topic, but hopefully a Dev or Producer is paying attention to this thread...

Can the XP boosts finally get fixed with the Monster Manuals? Yes, the release notes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back said that all the XP boosts were working properly with the Monster Manual, but that has never been true. The only XP boost that works with the Monster Manual is the VIP boost (and they get the MM for free with the VIP package). Can the players that actually had to purchase the Monster Manuals take advantage of XP boosts too? Please!

I would really like to see some additions to the monster manual as well. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to implement some new manuals in the game. Like others, I would really like to see Ogres, Drow, Wights, Hell hounds, Golems, etc added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Actually only two updates back.
    3 updates, eGianthold was U17. But then again U18 was almost empty so sure it feels like 2.

Community Member

I am one who also loves the MM but when they were first introduced it was stated to the players that we would be able to earn back some TP to justify charging us for them. And of course, being Turbine afterall, they baited and switched with the last MM. They took out the TP and replaced it with measly Astral Shards. Don't remember the exact amount but I think it was only 3 astral shards here and there.

After purchasing the last one on the day the update went live only to find out TP was taking out I was feeling very duped and will not buy another one until I know for sure TP awards are back. So if they want me to buy anotheer MM they better put back the TP awards. I could care less about worthless pets. Never use any of those and find them very annoying.

Tried to find the post by the Dev that justified them charging for it because we could earn almost the enitre cost of the MM back with the TP rewards but was unable to locate it. My searching skills are off today.
    Last edited by Da_Most_Shady; 10-15-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    A bit off topic, but hopefully a Dev or Producer is paying attention to this thread...

Can the XP boosts finally get fixed with the Monster Manuals? Yes, the release notes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back said that all the XP boosts were working properly with the Monster Manual, but that has never been true. The only XP boost that works with the Monster Manual is the VIP boost (and they get the MM for free with the VIP package). Can the players that actually had to purchase the Monster Manuals take advantage of XP boosts too? Please!
    I am not a VIP, but I definitely have been getting odd numbers on MM rewards. May have been just Tome of Learning though.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

To be fair, there have been plenty of posts claiming to prefer that old content be fixed properly before wasting time on new bugged content. Perhaps that is the path the devs are taking with MM.
    To get new entries in current volumes would be sweet, since they are already paid for, but I will gladly buy another MM volume when it comes out.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I am not a VIP, but I definitely have been getting odd numbers on MM rewards. May have been just Tome of Learning though.
    AFAIK tomes of learning are the only boost that is not working with MM XP.
    I always get some weird number for voice and 5% shrine.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    They're probably just another system that will never see anymore updates. I'll be shocked if we ever get a new one. While I don't go out of my way for them, just questing with them means you get some free xp every tr life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Can you remember when they added last volume?
    I can't.
    MM is yet another unfinished system, abandoned in the middle of developening process.
    Here you have the answer. Another thing I don't understand. They already nerfed them and now only give 3 AS for 15,000 zombies or something, instead of TP. I don't quite get it. Maybe they think of ways to nerf the XP also, to slow down progress and kep people playing longer (but then: they have other stuff to speed up leveling that you can buy with TP ...)

I don't get it, it's a mystery. Well it's Turbine. That must suffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbelbo View Post
    Here you have the answer. Another thing I don't understand. They already nerfed them and now only give 3 AS for 15,000 zombies or something, instead of TP. I don't quite get it. Maybe they think of ways to nerf the XP also, to slow down progress and kep people playing longer (but then: they have other stuff to speed up leveling that you can buy with TP ...)

I don't get it, it's a mystery. Well it's Turbine. That must suffice.

riiight. That is why they keep adding xp boosts every update (bravery bonus, 10% vip, tomes of learning, daily bonus, xp ransack reset), because they are trying to nerf xps.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    riiight. That is why they keep adding xp boosts every update (bravery bonus, 10% vip, tomes of learning, daily bonus, xp ransack reset), because they are trying to nerf xps.
    Well if it's not about the XP the only other reason why they don't update it would be: they are so desperately short-staffed and all their ressources are going into maintaining the game (think about how long it took them to fix the last major 'bug') and developing new packs because they just have to (ordered by the bosses/WB; necessity to keep the number of leaving players at an acceptable rate). So that they can't even afford the manpower to make new volume of MM which would definately generate income and is rather easy to do.

They really must be in a desperate state that's all I can conclude otherwise it is a mystery to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

/signed. If they make more MM I will buy them.

Well if it's not about the XP the only other reason why they don't update it would be: they are so desperately short-staffed and all their ressources are going into maintaining the game (think about how long it took them to fix the last major 'bug') and developing new packs because they just have to (ordered by the bosses/WB; necessity to keep the number of leaving players at an acceptable rate). So that they can't even afford the manpower to make new volume of MM which would definately generate income and is rather easy to do.

They really must be in a desperate state that's all I can conclude otherwise it is a mystery to me.

Good points. I'm thinking maybe the guy who headed up the MM stuff got transferred and they put it on the back burner like other stuff. That or it just didn't sell like they thought it would.

when you see a fire sale, than I would say desperate state. no telling really why they don't keep adding more volumes. could be just a lot of stuff going on lately or maybe they didn't profit from it like they had hoped. who knows why but its a win win all around for all players with monster info, bonus xp, rewards and it gave reasons for some to do the optional of Fleshmakers for golem, the walk up next to Wiz King for ghast and made A Relic of a Sovereign Past for dwarf good reasons to run those quests or a nice added xp boost. everyone I know loves the MM and want more /shrug

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123