Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An idea for Elite Opening...

You know how when you reach level 20 you can open epic quests on elite?

Well...

My idea when you reach level 20 you can open any quest in the game on elite(excluding adv. packs and others of course).

OR

When you are 8 levels above the quest, you can open the quest on elite.

I was wondering what GD thought about this idea. Idea came from wanting my lvl 26 through korthos on elite but didn't want to run each quest 3 times each.
    Robi's Free to Play Guide
    Khyber... DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
    I play as: Nagasnake, Olmanjenkins, Tyrogan, Chicobo, Torriin, Kensaito, Koruna, and Goldenac.

Or you could do korthos the old way we all did before elite opening was a feature...either find an opener or have your own opener on a free account...or subscribe, of course.

Nope, Not signed.

VIP's pay for the Privilege to Open Heroic Elite.

TR's Earn the Right to Open Heroic Elite.

If you need the favor, either get an Opener, or get a ViP for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Nope, Not signed.

VIP's pay for the Privilege to Open Heroic Elite.

TR's Earn the Right to Open Heroic Elite.

If you need the favor, either get an Opener, or get a ViP for the month.
    I don't know I see their point, elite opening on vip / tr is mostly useful for elite streak etc, opening when you can't get xp just favor would be a nice time saver for some. I see your point but I'm not sure it would actually decrease the value of tr or vip.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I don't know I see their point, elite opening on vip / tr is mostly useful for elite streak etc, opening when you can't get xp just favor would be a nice time saver for some. I see your point but I'm not sure it would actually decrease the value of tr or vip.
    yah, but the last thing we need is a ton of Iconics flooding Krothos to get that extra 25TP, Just saying.

The OP is obviously a premium account who wants a VIP feature to be made available to all accounts for free. That's not how premium works. Any time you give a VIP feature to premium players, you decrease the value of VIP. How could it be any other way? You may not think it's a lot, and I agree. Elite unlocks exist and I've purchased them. Obviously they're worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    yah, but the last thing we need is a ton of Iconics flooding Krothos to get that extra 25TP, Just saying.
    It's just a matter of saving those people an extra what 10 mins tops for korthos at that level? They're going to be there regardless.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Nah, either earn it or pay for it.

No need to mess about with anything else.

If your high level can't spank his way through low level content to get the favour then there's something far wrong. If you just can't be bothered then you can pay for the convenience - DDO Store sells elite passes for 25 TP.

If you can't be bothered and don't want to pay then tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    The OP is obviously a premium account who wants a VIP feature to be made available to all accounts for free. That's not how premium works. Any time you give a VIP feature to premium players, you decrease the value of VIP. How could it be any other way? You may not think it's a lot, and I agree. Elite unlocks exist and I've purchased them. Obviously they're worth something.
    My thing is they're only worth it for streaks, that's the benefit to it, once you've outleveled it, you're saving at most 10 mins even for complex quests and most quests you're saving 1-5 mins per quest. It would be a time saver but it wouldn't be this huge thing to do and it wouldn't really make vip's lose anything and this is from someone who buys vip fairly often for some of the perks.

I don't agree with the idea in all honesty because it will decrease from the value of VIP and the Korthos flood mentioned -- this coming from someone that isn't VIP.

On the other hand, if Turbine would add a feature in the store that you can buy to where you can open elite just like that worthless Heroes Hall thingy, I'd bet most people will buy it.
    I am the architect of my own destruction...

How to Group With Clerics

Community Member

Turbine, and almost all the playerbase, agree that VIP and the Store should not become P2W. That means that VIP provides mainly convenience. So you cant, on the one hand, demand that DDO stay non-P2W, but then argue that VIP convenience items should be available to F2P as well....

I also think you're underplaying the increase in TP grindability this would grant to Iconics. Free Elite opening at L-8 means a L15 iconic could open L7 and below on Elite. That's ~5 quests at 18-24 apiece, 25 TP, rinse and repeat. Compare that to the current quickest way, running ~11-12 and below quests on Normal and then Hard, at 7-8 favor a pop, that's at least 12 quests, even if they are just zergfests.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I'd pay 750TP per month for it, but I wouldn't pay vip fee, as its bunch of worthless junk plus one good thing.

As a premium who covets VIP's elite open, I vote no. Elite open is THE perk of VIP, and they should keep it.

NO you want elite opening be a VIP, TR twice , find someone who did one of those to open, or buy an opener from the store VIP's get little enough and its always tiring to see someone trying to reduce that.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    NO you want elite opening be a VIP, TR twice , find someone who did one of those to open, or buy an opener from the store VIP's get little enough and its always tiring to see someone trying to reduce that.
    Well... if it's is just elite opening for content you have far outleveled it is hardly competitive with the benefits of being VIP.

I can see the point of it, from a Favor collection perspective. And, I'd not be upset if this were added.

However, I can't say I'm entirely for the idea either. While it wouldn't nullify the VIP perk, it would dilute it and by extension lessen VIP status even more. Turbine really needs to up the perception of value in being a VIP - not give more incentives to pass it by.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I vote no. Mostly because it would make favor grind for non-subscribers much easier, enabling them to continue to not pay.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Add my name to the "Not signed" list. This would give away a game dynamic many of us have worked hard to earn through multiple TR's on our chars.

Getting to level 20 is an accomplishment. TR'ing and getting to 20 again is even more so. Earning the right to open Elite on first runs is the reward for all the time and effort invested in those multiple TR chars.
    There is no free lunch.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I vote no. Mostly because it would make favor grind for non-subscribers much easier, enabling them to continue to not pay.
    Just like TRing!

With nothing to do at lvl cap, a lot of people just TRs over and over and over and over. They are earning 600-800TP per life.
    Allowing 1st lifers to clear favor from quests they missed without putting LFMs wouldn't make TP farming that much faster and easier.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Just like TRing!

With nothing to do at lvl cap, a lot of people just TRs over and over and over and over. They are earning 600-800TP per life.
    Allowing 1st lifers to clear favor from quests they missed without putting LFMs wouldn't make TP farming that much faster and easier.
    Very true. But this takes more time and effort. Unlike creating a new iconic to grind low level quests for favor, delete and repeat.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast