Community Member

Default 1st Caster Soul Feat order

Hello all.

I'll be TR'ing into a FvS sometime soon and as its my first Fleshy Pidgeon any advice on feat order would be much appreciated indeed as I have no idea of what spells I get at each level.

He will have 3 x Sorc and 1 x Wizzy PL

Im thinking.....

H) G-Axe (swap to Empower at L??)
    1) Extend (swap to Spell Pen at L12+?)
    3) Maximise
    6) PL Wizzy
    9) Quicken
    12) Spell Focus Necro or Evo?
    15) Heighten
    18) Greater Spell Pen

This build will TR again as soon as he hits L20

Any advice/ thoughts welcome.

PS - what base Cha should I start with 10, 11 or 12 (I have +4 tomes in all except Dex iirc)

Many thanks in advance
    Corazonroto
    Soultrax
    Mantrax
    The Spellswords - Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan220 View Post
    Hello all.

I'll be TR'ing into a FvS sometime soon and as its my first Fleshy Pidgeon any advice on feat order would be much appreciated indeed as I have no idea of what spells I get at each level.

He will have 3 x Sorc and 1 x Wizzy PL

Im thinking.....

H) G-Axe (swap to Empower at L??)
    1) Extend (swap to Spell Pen at L12+?)
    3) Maximise
    6) PL Wizzy
    9) Quicken
    12) Spell Focus Necro or Evo?
    15) Heighten
    18) Greater Spell Pen

Any advice/ thoughts welcome.

PS - what base Cha should I start with 10, 11 or 12 (I have +4 tomes in all except Dex iirc)

Many thanks in advance
    The path from 1-12 as a fvs is usually a pain, unless you have a tr party with you in which case you can pike all the way. I was lucky enough to have a TR party in all my fvs lives, but once you reach level 12 they all pike while you basically solo everything up to level 20. Assuming you are going to be playing alone, I'd say your setup is fine, but I'd throw in Cleave, since it's just amazing for the lowest levels (even more with a gaxe).

H pa
    1 cleave
    3 toughness or gaxe (you'll be fine either way)

Do this only if you have enough feat respecs, the rest of your list sounds just fine, take evo dc, do not take any spell penetration feat since they will be useless (better to switch for another evo dc or a couple of extra toughness).
    Last edited by Minrothad; 10-14-2013 at 12:00 PM.

I like Greater Spell Focus Evo and Necromancy. But, of course, that is an expensive feat investment.

Yes get PA, Cleave, and G Cleave if you are planning on going Great Axe.

Get Maximize later, other than heal spells there are not really any spells that you are likely to use Mazimize with till Divine Punishment or Blade Barrier and the like.

Skip the spell pen feats.

I'd go Evocation focus with the Sorc past lives.

If you are going more melee focus skip heighten for the cleave line, and make sure you have enough str to get Overwhelming Critical. So focus on Str.

If you are going more caster focus drop the cleave lines later on and get heighten and empower, and maybe spell pen makes sense then if you can fit it in. Put your ability level ups into Wisdom.

If you are going full FvS, to be able to cast 9th level spells you will need to end up with a 19 base Cha. So if you don't put any level ups in there, you will need a base of 15 on Cha with the tome. Your charisma score needs to be 10+level of spell to cast. So to cast 7th level spells you need a 17 charisma. However your spell DC's are based on your Wisdom.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Community Member

Hello all.

Im the OP - thank you for the replies.

The GA feat is just to get me through the low levels.

As a caster Soul I plan to make use of Destruction, Implosion and Greater Command all of which have SR checks - yet many are saying dont take Dpell Pen which seems a little strange?

I wasnt going with GSF Evo as I have 3xSorc PLs

Regarding min Cha I was going to equip a Cha item or use a slot to get the Cha I need.

Ideally I want this build to be able to easily solo content or be a good team member providing healing, CC and instas.
    Last edited by Ryan220; 10-14-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    Corazonroto
    Soultrax
    Mantrax
    The Spellswords - Ghallanda

Hello all.

Im the OP - thank you for the replies.

The GA feat is just to get me through the low levels.

As a caster Soul I plan to make use of Destruction, Implosion and Greater Command all of which have SR checks - yet many are saying dont take Dpell Pen which seems a little strange?

I wasnt going with GSF Evo as I have 3xSorc PLs

Regarding min Cha I was going to equip a Cha item or use a slot to get the Cha I need.

Ideally I want this build to be able to easily solo content or be a good team member providing healing, CC and instas.
    Caster build puts all this into a bit more context.

You will need at lease SF Evocation to get evocation bonuses from Draconic and Magister. Which you would want to get. Just 3 sorc lives still won't get your DC's high enough on some of the new epic content.

If you are going caster then Spell Pen could be viable. Just note that all the new epic content, most don't have SR. So it's milage is not necessarily as good as it use to be. Or well I should just not as needed as it use to be. If your feat starved start dropping here.

If you really want spell pen, get the 3 past wizzy lives for a free +6 to spell pen.

As as caster build you are fine on the feats.

I forget about the bonus to CHA. Again you only need end up with a 19 cha. With +4 tome you can easily start with a 10 cha maybe even less depending on your gear. Max wisdom as much as you can.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

You guys and your overwhelming critical and epic content talk

From what I can remember, the only thing that really tests your spell pen in the heroic levels are Running with the Devils and Servants of the Overlords, however it sounds like you have a few caster PLs so you should be able to get by.

If you focus on wisdom, your Destruction will be solid until you reach IQ, where you'll want an energy drain first most likely. Implosion/BB will be good naturally, though BB you will want Maximize minimum.