Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default Legendary Trolls

    Who remembers Kizunia, the Bloodelf Paladin on the WoW Forums, who became legendary for starting Threads about killing players from the opposite faction in very imaginative ways? xD

    What legendary trolls in other mmo forums you remember? (Teh_Troll is excluded, because of home advantage^^)

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I think the OP is trolling now. No one here has ever played (or will admit to have played) WoW.

  3. #3
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    I'm your huckleberry

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'm your huckleberry
    Home advantage :P

  5. #5
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    Who remembers Kizunia, the Bloodelf Paladin on the WoW Forums, who became legendary for starting Threads about killing players from the opposite faction in very imaginative ways? xD

    What legendary trolls in other mmo forums you remember? (Teh_Troll is excluded, because of home advantage^^)
    1) I never played WoW, so that so-called legendary 12 year old you talk about is nothing to me.

    2) Teh_troll is not a legendary troll. Calling yourself "The Troll" doesn't make you The Troll.

  6. #6
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post

    2) Teh_troll is not a legendary troll. Calling yourself "The Troll" doesn't make you The Troll.
    Blasphemy.

  7. #7
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    EVE Online forums.

    Unsuccessful At Everything (from corporation "The Troll Bridge").

    His/her/its posts are a source of constant hilarity, but only to people with quite a bit of understanding of the game.


    The other one (James 315, also from the same game) isn't a troll so much as a very verbose rant and call to action. The line "Given forum readers' complaints about the length of my previous manifesto, I opted to keep it short and sweet this time. My motto is that you should never use 20,000 words when 15,000 will do." is the start of one of the greatest rants of all time. (The original post is here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=101626 and hearing about his permanent war on AFKers was the thing that got me to give EVE a second go).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  8. #8
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    EVE Online forums.

    Unsuccessful At Everything (from corporation "The Troll Bridge").

    His/her/its posts are a source of constant hilarity, but only to people with quite a bit of understanding of the game.


    The other one (James 315, also from the same game) isn't a troll so much as a very verbose rant and call to action. The line "Given forum readers' complaints about the length of my previous manifesto, I opted to keep it short and sweet this time. My motto is that you should never use 20,000 words when 15,000 will do." is the start of one of the greatest rants of all time. (The original post is here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=101626 and hearing about his permanent war on AFKers was the thing that got me to give EVE a second go).
    Gotta ask - is his post valid?

    Also, is EVE a decent game?

  9. #9
    Community Member Arnhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO, USA
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Blasphemy.
    Technically, it's Heresy, not Blasphemy.
    There is no free lunch.

  10. #10
    Community Member CheeseMilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'm your huckleberry
    If ah thought you weren't a troll, I just don't think ah could bear it.

  11. #11
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Gotta ask - is his post valid?

    Also, is EVE a decent game?
    I like EVE. It's not for everyone and it is ruthlessly competitive.

    Have you ever played the board game Diplomacy? You know how in that you can make alliances, and the winner is usually the person that stabs their ally in the back at the perfect moment? It's like that. Don't get attached to your 'gear' as it will not last.


    As for his rant - I'm a fan of the guy. He's a source of utter chaos.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  12. #12
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I like EVE. It's not for everyone and it is ruthlessly competitive.

    Have you ever played the board game Diplomacy? You know how in that you can make alliances, and the winner is usually the person that stabs their ally in the back at the perfect moment? It's like that. Don't get attached to your 'gear' as it will not last.


    As for his rant - I'm a fan of the guy. He's a source of utter chaos.
    Eh, might be worth trying..

    Also, you're a fan of him because he can cause chaos? Interesting.. Do you mean in game or on forums?

  13. #13
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,189

    Default

    most famous troll I can think of, gaming wise, real or fake?...

    Leeroy Jenkins.

  14. #14
    The Hatchery Rawrargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Most famous and successful troll must be Athene. He started out in wow, and people still hate him for the persona he invented. He's a huge influence on every gaming community he touches. He also managed to raise close to a million dollars (might be more actually) for charity by playing on his image as the "Uber gamer".
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

  15. #15
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrargh View Post
    Most famous and successful troll must be Athene. He started out in wow, and people still hate him for the persona he invented. He's a huge influence on every gaming community he touches. He also managed to raise close to a million dollars (might be more actually) for charity by playing on his image as the "Uber gamer".
    The same guy thats playing League of legends?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload