Community Member

Default Lvl 20 WF Hire OR redo the entering logics

Please implement a Level 20 WF melee Hire. I'm a Wizard with Repair spells. The next WF Hire is Level 22, the actual Level 19. Not that he'd be bad or insufficient, no, Slash does a great job. But being in a party and trying to enter King's Forest (heroic) or Dungeons (heroic) or even leaving Dungeons to Level 21 Wilderness (heroic) is not possible because of the Level 19 Hire in the party. I have to dismiss him, enter and wait for 5 Minutes to recall him again. Why was this limitation implemented? I don't understand it. Please let Hires be unaffected from entering limitations. Thank you.

Firstly I presume you mean 'epic' not 'heroic' as Slash would have no issues under lvl 20 but having just taken my wizzie to lvl cap solo(with a hire sometimes two) I would suggest looking at other classes of hire not just warforged. There is a half decent pally lvl 20 Vigo Ghostbreaker(I think he's a halfling) with reasonable DPS and he'll heal you as well! Surely your spells can do enough damage by now that you don't need a melee type onboard?
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xXbikergirlXx View Post
    Firstly I presume you mean 'epic' not 'heroic' as Slash would have no issues under lvl 20 but having just taken my wizzie to lvl cap solo(with a hire sometimes two) I would suggest looking at other classes of hire not just warforged. There is a half decent pally lvl 20 Vigo Ghostbreaker(I think he's a halfling) with reasonable DPS and he'll heal you as well! Surely your spells can do enough damage by now that you don't need a melee type onboard?
    Yes, the one and only difficulty King's Forest is available (sorry, I thought that there's a similar distinction like The High Road heroic/epic). And it's not about the Hireling healing me, but I heal the Hireling! Slash is Level 19 and when in party in King's Forest I cannot enter dungeons, nor can any party member enter KF when I got in first and just called Slash. I have to dismiss him and wait 5 Mins to recall him again.
    I can't even leave dungeons back to KF when Slash is in the party, although he saved our asses and brought the boss down. It's unbelievable.
    Last edited by Lanhelin; 10-13-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Not really a solution but..don't dismiss your hire, just recall. Hire will leave party on his own and you don't have to wait 5 minutes to resummon.

I don't know about entering dungeons though.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

Smile

My point was why do you need Slash, although I am no expert, when I was doing the King's Road my spells did so much damage I found it more useful to have a healer type(that could do damage as well) on board. i.e Slash was not the only hire that worked. Oh and my wizzie has a high repair skill as well but it did not limit my choice of hires.
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    Not really a solution but..don't dismiss your hire, just recall. Hire will leave party on his own and you don't have to wait 5 minutes to resummon.
    I'll try that. But recalling even when he's there? Does this even do something? I'll figure out.

Community Member

My point was why do you need Slash
    Slash is the one and only Melee Hire for Wizards from 19 to 22 (the next one is Lvl 22 Sledge) who can reconstruct. He's pretty op, can clear the whole map and even beat the dungeon bosses down - he just needs a bit heal or repair. He saves my SP and I'd never go anywhere without him - but I'm forced to, because of this stupid new entrance system.

Rovegar Half-axe lvl 21 fighter hireling. Also their is a lvl 20 and 21 Rogue.
    Last edited by xXbikergirlXx; 10-13-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Community Member

Warforged?

Dwarf but still a good hack and slash.
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Community Member

No go. Can't heal fleshies. Warforged only. That's why Slash is first choice. But the limitations towards entering Wilderness / Dungeons are annoying. This should be changed.

Smile

I totally agree that Slash is a great hire BUT Sledge IS NOT and getting used to using other classes of hires might be a good idea. The reason I dislike Sledge is those spell points that Slash is saving you will be decimated at lvl 22 by trying to keep Sledge alive he is the reason I stopped using warforged honestly he's got loads of HP but is useless at keeping them!!
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Community Member

I totally agree that Slash is a great hire BUT Sledge IS NOT and getting used to using other classes of hires might be a good idea. The reason I dislike Sledge is those spell points that Slash is saving you will be decimated at lvl 22 by trying to keep Sledge alive he is the reason I stopped using warforged honestly he's got loads of HP but is useless at keeping them!!
    Ok, thank's for the hint. Then how to keep other Hires alive as a Wizard? With a second Cleric Hire?^^ No, but the preferences for Hires is not the topic, it's the new limitations regarding entering Dungeons and Wilderness Areas. And these are far away from average player needs. Not thought about or just forgotten, I don't know, but they should change.