Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    Esos is +10, crit is 18-20/x3

skybreaker is +8, crit is 19-20/x2

enhancement bonus, crit range and crit multiplyer are all better on esos.

not even a contest really.
    ive been in FOT's where that greatsword was left in the chest.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Cleaver is better because while esos is a little ahead on a zero fort mob
    I could be wrong, but don't zero fort mobs still make up 95% of the game, with only Boss/Mini-Boss mobs having fort?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I could be wrong, but don't zero fort mobs still make up 95% of the game, with only Boss/Mini-Boss mobs having fort?
    Yes, red names/purple names, constructs, undead, think that's about it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    anyone who has completed a raid higher than TS or Chrono
    what raids are supposed to be "higher" than chrono? shroud? EH LoB? HN LoB? EH VON?

They should restrict it to people who completed Titan or Abbot :P
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by garlor
    what raids are supposed to be "higher" than chrono? shroud? EH LoB? HN LoB? EH VON?
    Chrono is a level 6 raid, and TS is the free raid. So, anything higher than that (VoN, ADQ, Titan, Reaver's, Abbott, Hound, VoD, Shroud, ToD, LoB, MA, CitW, FoT).
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I think they should offer a larger list because everyone getting a CitW weapon on every character they want; is going to totally destroy any future desire to run it for a long long time.
    Rubbish.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Rubbish.
    Not rubbish at all! I totally agree with IronClan! At the very minimum, they should include the Torc from DQ! :P
    On a more serious note, if I could trade TREE such boxes for 1 torc, I'd be a very happy camper indeed. Obviously there's people going to be very happy with their citw item, but for me personally, the box holds very little of interest. I certainly appreciate Turbine doing this, but can't help wishing the list was longer.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

wether you like the rewards idea or think it's over the top, it would seem kind of obvious that the way it's set up will completely destroy any interest in running CitW.
    Any interest I had in running that raid was destroyed after my first couple runs. I hate it, and have not ran it in over a year. And I intend to keep things that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Chrono is a level 6 raid, and TS is the free raid. So, anything higher than that (VoN, ADQ, Titan, Reaver's, Abbott, Hound, VoD, Shroud, ToD, LoB, MA, CitW, FoT).
    Actually it's because chrono and ts don't have 20th completion reward lists.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    maybe they should up the com drop rates in citw then? We still got to get the 200 or so coms we need to upgrade our shiny new citw weapon.
    comms should drop in CitW at the same rate of FoT. why not?

I've never gotten a comm drop from CitW before. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    you could be wrong. warforged/constructs and undead all have fort.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    ive been in FOT's where that greatsword was left in the chest.......................
    well that is just silly. it is massively better than most weapons. don't forget the large electric/sonic damage (which is AOE on a crit). Skybreaker also has higher base damage than esos. of course esos is better, but it is much, much, much harder to get.
    Last edited by Hathorian; 10-20-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    well that is just silly. it is massively better than most weapons. don't forget the large electric/sonic damage (which is AOE on a crit). Skybreaker also has higher base damage than esos. of course esos is better, but it is much, much, much harder to get.
    but the best weapon in the game hands down is the cleaver. Improved cursespewing + limb chopper trump any minor dps gain from esos, skybreaker, or breach.

Community Member

So giving everyone a CITW weapon that needs to be fully upgraded is going to kill raiding?

I don't think so. I never ran shroud to get a CITW weapon. I never even ran CITW to get a CITW weapon - I ran it 20 times. This may shift the raiding a bit, but people still will run CITW for xp, guild runs, and another shiny weapon. If CITW is run less, FOT will be run more.

Thank you Turbine, it's much appreciated.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    So giving everyone a CITW weapon that needs to be fully upgraded is going to kill raiding?

I don't think so. I never ran shroud to get a CITW weapon. I never even ran CITW to get a CITW weapon - I ran it 20 times. This may shift the raiding a bit, but people still will run CITW for xp, guild runs, and another shiny weapon. If CITW is run less, FOT will be run more.

Thank you Turbine, it's much appreciated.
    Not to mention some are even looking for multiple items from the raid. Like my ranger. Looking for 3 items. All need to be upgraded.

He needs comm if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    but the best weapon in the game hands down is the cleaver. Improved cursespewing + limb chopper trump any minor dps gain from esos, skybreaker, or breach.
    Wrong.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Rubbish.
    Actually its called cause and effect.
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    Sireth disagrees, so does eSoS, both by a wide margin.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Where did you come up with "raiding"? CitW stands for cought in the web, not "raiding".

The idea that people are going to run it still for comms is kinda wishful thinking considering it rarely drops them, and FoT drops way more of them.

All I see is Turbine doing something short sighted and destructive but that gives people a quick reward, so lots lots of players refusing to think past "oohh cool free stuff me like" and consider it may be bad for the game.

I have three characters that jump into a CitW every time they can after this, considering I don't really enjoy the raid, who does. I will be one less person EVER running it. That's two healers and a Druid that support heals no longer joining them. Comms? Pffffft.
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast