Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 96
  1. #21
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Apparently.

    As for comms, I just don't think that many people re-run raids for comms, in fact I suspect it's not even 10% of the people who will run raids for the main item. Just my hunch with no scientific basis (it's kinda based on how many people I hear mentioning comms during the chest opening ceremony over the last year versus the massively more prevalent "I'm after "Skybreaker/Pinion/Celestia/Cleaver" that seems to be kinda 10 to 1 ish with there always being at least one person who says something about comms... scientific I know). Also personally I tend to look at my bags and say "oh hey I have enough comms to upgrade [Raid Item I already get 99% effect from] to tier 2, right before I turn 1 of them in for an augment I find much more compelling.

    If comms are so popular as you say why is FoT already seemingly less prevalent and slower to fill than a VON5-6 and borderline CitW as well which drops way less comms (ah heck they might all be roughly tied for popularity now but there's no way FoT is run more, I'd guess somewhat less).
    well in FOT most people are running for coms, even in citw ive seen plenty people say, Hey I will trade my weapon for a comm, but most in citw where after weapons.

    FOT some of that stuff I got, I hardly even use that much anymore.

    For a lot of Fot stuff a EE or even EH item from EGH or even Evengingstar side is much better.

  2. #22
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    well in FOT most people are running for coms, even in citw ive seen plenty people say, Hey I will trade my weapon for a comm, but most in citw where after weapons.

    FOT some of that stuff I got, I hardly even use that much anymore.

    For a lot of Fot stuff a EE or even EH item from EGH or even Evengingstar side is much better.
    I agree with everything you say, as reasons why FoT is run less and less, I just brought it up as evidence that comms are not a big mover in making people run raids, because if they were FoT would probably be the top run raid on the servers... and right now it seems to be trailing a raid that has a much lower comm drop rate, and one with no comms at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

  3. #23
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    I agree with everything you say, as reasons why FoT is run less and less, I just brought it up as evidence that comms are not a big mover in making people run raids, because if they were FoT would probably be the top run raid on the servers... and right now it seems to be trailing a raid that has a much lower comm drop rate, and one with no comms at all.
    People already upgraded all their stuff?

    Other people just gave up getting coms to bother upgrading?

    You need a lot especially for citw weapons, I know some people who just get enough for the planar conflux and they are done, but having a red slot for devotion is important on quite a few builds but some people do skimp on the self healing a bit, or just moved to scrolls more.

    I do see still quite a few FOT, maybe more than citw's, but maybe not von's. but I havent been logging in as much lately so not so sure.

    I think its a bit of both, people where buring through raid timers on fot when it first came out, these where the hard core people, running 5-10 fot per day they where playing so they would of gotten their stuff upgraded fast, the others who didnt use much raid timers prob got enough now for one weapon and maybe their armour and they are done, even if they have a second weapon and maybe a raid piece or two they can't be bothered?
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-14-2013 at 07:01 PM.

  4. #24
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    As for comms, I just don't think that many people re-run raids for comms, in fact I suspect it's not even 10% of the people who will run raids for the main item. Just my hunch with no scientific basis (it's kinda based on how many people I hear mentioning comms during the chest opening ceremony over the last year versus the massively more prevalent "I'm after "Skybreaker/Pinion/Celestia/Cleaver" that seems to be kinda 10 to 1 ish with there always being at least one person who says something about comms... scientific I know).
    No one is going to mention comms because no one is going to give away comms. People mention "Skybreaker/Pinion/Celestia/Cleaver" because they hope someone else (who doesn't need it) will give it to them or at least put it up for roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  5. #25
    Community Member hucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    TS means tempest spine, right?
    so the DQ i did yesterday counts?

  6. #26
    2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Personally I think this raiders box is a great idea, many many people (myself included) got screwed out of 20th lists due to Turbine messing with the game mechanics so at least this will go a decent way to saying "sorry folks we messed up" which they did fine style!

    Stoner81.

  7. #27
    Community Member redoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Apparently.

    As for comms, I just don't think that many people re-run raids for comms, in fact I suspect it's not even 10% of the people who will run raids for the main item. Just my hunch with no scientific basis (it's kinda based on how many people I hear mentioning comms during the chest opening ceremony over the last year versus the massively more prevalent "I'm after "Skybreaker/Pinion/Celestia/Cleaver" that seems to be kinda 10 to 1 ish with there always being at least one person who says something about comms... scientific I know). Also personally I tend to look at my bags and say "oh hey I have enough comms to upgrade [Raid Item I already get 99% effect from] to tier 2, right before I turn 1 of them in for an augment I find much more compelling.

    If comms are so popular as you say why is FoT already seemingly less prevalent and slower to fill than a VON5-6 and borderline CitW as well which drops way less comms (ah heck they might all be roughly tied for popularity now but there's no way FoT is run more, I'd guess somewhat less).
    On the running FoT for comms:

    I used to run CiTW nearly daily and I ran FoT more than once a day the first week of so it was out. When they "fixed" FoT so that my 70+ reflex save no longer worked because I was hit by a hugely stacking debuff that could only be avoided by staying out of melee, I quit playing it. (Yes I rage quit that raid and I know that better techniques are probably available by now.) Since then I have just been doing TRs and I've cut back to only playing one character. (I had all the CiTW gear I wanted when FoT came out and I didn't need any of the FoT gear, I was running it for the comms.)

    I'm sure at some point I will go back to running it to upgrade my stuff, but I'm not ready yet.
    /sigh

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    On the running FoT for comms:

    I used to run CiTW nearly daily and I ran FoT more than once a day the first week of so it was out. When they "fixed" FoT so that my 70+ reflex save no longer worked because I was hit by a hugely stacking debuff that could only be avoided by staying out of melee, I quit playing it. (Yes I rage quit that raid and I know that better techniques are probably available by now.) Since then I have just been doing TRs and I've cut back to only playing one character. (I had all the CiTW gear I wanted when FoT came out and I didn't need any of the FoT gear, I was running it for the comms.)

    I'm sure at some point I will go back to running it to upgrade my stuff, but I'm not ready yet.
    Firstly, you dont need 70+ reflex save for any quest. Secondly, all you need to clear fot is a bunch of spell absorb items. I dont see why one would rage quit because of that.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    well in FOT most people are running for coms, even in citw ive seen plenty people say, Hey I will trade my weapon for a comm, but most in citw where after weapons.

    FOT some of that stuff I got, I hardly even use that much anymore.

    For a lot of Fot stuff a EE or even EH item from EGH or even Evengingstar side is much better.
    Depends what class and items you use. Sky breaker is still the most powerful weapon in the game.

  10. #30
    Community Member Arianka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Depends what class and items you use. Sky breaker is still the most powerful weapon in the game.
    LOL!

    try esos.

  11. #31
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Firstly, you dont need 70+ reflex save for any quest. Secondly, all you need to clear fot is a bunch of spell absorb items. I dont see why one would rage quit because of that.
    Because its stupid to take away things people built for. People made quite a few sacrifices in order to get decent saves, only to find out that the only option they will allow to work is farming absorb items.

    Punitive penalties which render a character ability completely useless are questionable game design. EE mana drain, blanket immunities, and massive saves debuff all fall into these.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  12. #32
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Why don't you include ALL items from ALL raids then? I think it was every raid counter that got screwed with that update...
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

  13. #33
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    shocked at how meh the reception to this is one way or another (glee or outrage) this seems to damage the tiny endgame raiding um... can't call it a scene, perhaps "vestige" or "remnant" is the right word.

    But then the whole player base seems pretty meh lately.

    wether you like the rewards idea or think it's over the top, it would seem kind of obvious that the way it's set up will completely destroy any interest in running CitW.
    This is why your doom is unfounded.

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    maybe they should up the com drop rates in citw then? We still got to get the 200 or so coms we need to upgrade our shiny new citw weapon.
    If anything this will increase peoples want to run CitW or FoT, for the coms to upgrade their new shiny.

    *sigh*

    Can we get just one damn thing in this game where there is not a bunch of people with negative outlooks crying doom about it, and just be able to thank Turbine for their gift they are giving us.

    Look if you don't want your box, give to me.

  14. #34
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...
    Posts
    3,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Apparently.

    As for comms, I just don't think that many people re-run raids for comms, in fact I suspect it's not even 10% of the people who will run raids for the main item. Just my hunch with no scientific basis (it's kinda based on how many people I hear mentioning comms during the chest opening ceremony over the last year versus the massively more prevalent "I'm after "Skybreaker/Pinion/Celestia/Cleaver" that seems to be kinda 10 to 1 ish with there always being at least one person who says something about comms... scientific I know). Also personally I tend to look at my bags and say "oh hey I have enough comms to upgrade [Raid Item I already get 99% effect from] to tier 2, right before I turn 1 of them in for an augment I find much more compelling.

    If comms are so popular as you say why is FoT already seemingly less prevalent and slower to fill than a VON5-6 and borderline CitW as well which drops way less comms (ah heck they might all be roughly tied for popularity now but there's no way FoT is run more, I'd guess somewhat less).
    You don't hear anyone mentioning coms in Web because of the insanely low drop rate. No one is running Web for coms. If you want coms, you don't run CitW, you run FoT. I didn't need any of the items from FoT on my arti, but I ran it every three days because I needed so many coms.

    Increasing the com drop rate in Web is an excellent idea to make it more popular. In fact, the same drop rates from FoT seems more than appropriate considering Web takes about 3-4 times longer to complete.
    White Feather Sniper: dps focused, 62DC paralyzing arrows human ranged ranger/The Divine Cuisinart: human tempest in divine crusader/Hassan's Assassin: 81DC halfling assassin/The Count of Monte Cristo: human swashbuckler/Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer
    Abandoned builds: Totally Bass Ackwards/Santa's Little Slayer

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    LOL!

    try esos.
    nah upgraded skybreaker is better. You have 5% more crit rate in esos, everything else is of lower value. Plus skybreaker also has extra lightning damage. How did u calculate that sos is better then skybreaker?
    Last edited by MrRoboto; 10-15-2013 at 11:51 PM.

  16. #36
    Community Member Arianka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    nah upgraded skybreaker is better. You have 5% more crit rate in esos, everything else is of lower value. Plus skybreaker also has extra lightning damage. How did u calculate that sos is better then skybreaker?
    Esos is +10, crit is 18-20/x3

    skybreaker is +8, crit is 19-20/x2

    enhancement bonus, crit range and crit multiplyer are all better on esos.

    not even a contest really.
    Last edited by Arianka; 10-16-2013 at 12:17 AM.

  17. #37
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    Esos is +10, crit is 18-20/x3

    skybreaker is +8, crit is 19-20/x2

    enhancement bonus, crit range and crit multiplyer are all better on esos.

    not even a contest really.
    Cleaver is better because while esos is a little ahead on a zero fort mob, cleaver gives a little defense with it's unique prowess artifact bonus to prr. I'll take a citw weapon above either of those weapons. Well I'd take those weapons too but cleaver or breach would get used more than either of those.

  18. #38
    Community Member Arianka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Cleaver is better because while esos is a little ahead on a zero fort mob, cleaver gives a little defense with it's unique prowess artifact bonus to prr. I'll take a citw weapon above either of those weapons. Well I'd take those weapons too but cleaver or breach would get used more than either of those.
    Lol, thats why evrybody dieing for the sos shard.

  19. #39
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    Lol, thats why evrybody dieing for the sos shard.
    Past habits die hard, I still run for an esos shard, and I don't deny it has better dps against zero fort, but the difference is single digit percentiles, the extra prr can help reduce damage spikes and make it easier to stay alive. A few percent less dps for better survival is a great trade off.

  20. #40
    Community Member lugoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    Yes, no one will run citw anymore, but think of all the FoTs that will be run to upgrade all those pinions!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload