Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 96
  1. #1
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,985

    Default PSA heads up on the raiders reward box in u20

    Check it out on lam forum, a reward box containing a choice of any weapon from CitW for anyone who has completed a raid higher than TS or Chrono since u19 or TR'ed. Reason I bring this up is I think they should offer a larger list because everyone getting a CitW weapon on every character they want; is going to totally destroy any future desire to run it for a long long time. Might be okay with some of you who hate it, but there is already next to nothing to do in this game for a end game.

    A wider selection will spread the damage around, instead of nuking only one raid that happens to be one of 3 relevant raids left.

    Note I checked thoroughly for any NDA stuff and to the best of my understanding we can freely talk about u20 on lam now. If I'm wrong please delete this post honest mistake.
    Last edited by IronClan; 10-13-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

  2. #2
    Community Member Garix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Easiest way to check for an NDA. Log out the of the forums and look at the front page. If you can see the Lam sub forums then there is no NDA in effect. (there isn't)

    As someone who hasn't set foot in a raid in 3+ years (aside form tempest spine), the OP may well have a point
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

  3. #3
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,935

    Default

    Please ignore the lies that previously resided here...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 10-13-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

  4. #4
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    So they're finally crossing their own line of "We will not sell raid loot in the DDO Store."

    Coffins, nails... This isn't the "final" one, but it is one more.
    Except for the whole part that it isn't in the store. Nor are they selling it.

    Reading comprehension fail. If you do your own research before spewing off, it's a gift to people for them messing up the raid counters.

    It's basically the same as a birthday box.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 10-13-2013 at 06:12 PM.

  5. #5
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Except for the whole part that it isn't in the store. Nor are they selling it.

    Reading comprehension fail. If you do your own research before spewing off, it's a gift to people for them messing up the raid counters.

    It's basically the same as a birthday box.
    Ah, ^that^.
    Watching Football, drinking beer & skimming the forums don't always mix.

    Egg, face... Not the first one, probably won't be the last...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

  6. #6
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    986

    Default

    I don't think it will come to the live servers.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

  7. #7
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Check it out on lam forum, a reward box containing a choice of any weapon from CitW for anyone who has completed a raid higher than TS or Chrono since u19 or TR'ed. Reason I bring this up is I think they should offer a larger list because everyone getting a CitW weapon on every character they want; is going to totally destroy any future desire to run it for a long long time. Might be okay with some of you who hate it, but there is already next to nothing to do in this game for a end game.

    A wider selection will spread the damage around, instead of nuking only one raid that happens to be one of 3 relevant raids left.

    Note I checked thoroughly for any NDA stuff and to the best of my understanding we can freely talk about u20 on lam now. If I'm wrong please delete this post honest mistake.
    maybe they should up the com drop rates in citw then? We still got to get the 200 or so coms we need to upgrade our shiny new citw weapon.

  8. #8
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    I don't think it will come to the live servers.
    It's in the release notes. I bet you 100% it will go live. And it should.

  9. #9
    Community Member Wulverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Agree with OP. Not a good thing for the very very small raiding scene still left.

    The new raid better be coming with U21 and better be awesome.
    Thelanis -- Wulverine + [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific]

  10. #10
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulverine View Post
    Agree with OP. Not a good thing for the very very small raiding scene still left.

    The new raid better be coming with U21 and better be awesome.
    there is a raiding scene?

    only problem I see with the box is choosing which goodie I want from it.

  11. #11
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    maybe they should up the com drop rates in citw then? We still got to get the 200 or so coms we need to upgrade our shiny new citw weapon.
    This gets my vote. Make heroic commendations an auto drop in citw, fot style.

    Either way, I would rather have a choice of every citw weapon to choose from than any alternative that included only a partial list of citw weapons. In other words, I would be in favor of adding other raid items to list if people think it's necessary, but I would definitely not be in favor of taking away any of the present lamannia options.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    So basically, we all should go on to our Live chars and run a raid before U20, so we're all flagged for the freebies when it hits?

    Or we'll get one just for having previously TRed, regardless of if we've never run a raid on any character ever?

  13. #13
    Community Member Dawnsfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    So basically, we all should go on to our Live chars and run a raid before U20, so we're all flagged for the freebies when it hits?

    Or we'll get one just for having previously TRed, regardless of if we've never run a raid on any character ever?
    I suspect the TR part is there because Turbine somehow left themselves with no way to tell if someone had run raids before their TR. Since this is supposed to be an 'oops we are sorry we screwed up your 20 list', this is the only way they have to catch those folks :/

    Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

  14. #14
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

    Or we'll get one just for having previously TRed, regardless of if we've never run a raid on any character ever?
    its not "just" having previously TRed... it is TRed since U19 since many players who were upset with the broken Raid rewards since U19 TRed because raiding had become pointless.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    its not "just" having previously TRed... it is TRed since U19 since many players who were upset with the broken Raid rewards since U19 TRed because raiding had become pointless.
    Ah - guess I DO have a reason, then, to rush my L17 to 20, and not just shelve him till the XP curve comes down

  16. #16
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,985

    Default

    shocked at how meh the reception to this is one way or another (glee or outrage) this seems to damage the tiny endgame raiding um... can't call it a scene, perhaps "vestige" or "remnant" is the right word.

    But then the whole player base seems pretty meh lately.

    wether you like the rewards idea or think it's over the top, it would seem kind of obvious that the way it's set up will completely destroy any interest in running CitW.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

  17. #17
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    there is a raiding scene?

    only problem I see with the box is choosing which goodie I want from it.
    At least in my Guild there sure is. Alive, well, and thriving.

    Did three last night alone and even pugg'd 2-3 spots and Guilded one of the pugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  18. #18
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    wether you like the rewards idea or think it's over the top, it would seem kind of obvious that the way it's set up will completely destroy any interest in running CitW.
    All they have to do is have heroic comms drop in CitW like they do in FoT, and people will run that raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  19. #19
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,462

    Default

    So, if my level 14 guy has run the VON raid once will he get a choice of CitW gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  20. #20
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    So, if my level 14 guy has run the VON raid once will he get a choice of CitW gear?
    Apparently.

    As for comms, I just don't think that many people re-run raids for comms, in fact I suspect it's not even 10% of the people who will run raids for the main item. Just my hunch with no scientific basis (it's kinda based on how many people I hear mentioning comms during the chest opening ceremony over the last year versus the massively more prevalent "I'm after "Skybreaker/Pinion/Celestia/Cleaver" that seems to be kinda 10 to 1 ish with there always being at least one person who says something about comms... scientific I know). Also personally I tend to look at my bags and say "oh hey I have enough comms to upgrade [Raid Item I already get 99% effect from] to tier 2, right before I turn 1 of them in for an augment I find much more compelling.

    If comms are so popular as you say why is FoT already seemingly less prevalent and slower to fill than a VON5-6 and borderline CitW as well which drops way less comms (ah heck they might all be roughly tied for popularity now but there's no way FoT is run more, I'd guess somewhat less).
    Last edited by IronClan; 10-14-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload