In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Default U19 Endgame Gear Layout - Torc still in it?

Hello,

i am currently milling over the new gear after the Great Gear Change of 2013. The most interesting question for me is: Is the Torc of Prince Raiyum still in your endgame gear layout?

And after that what are you guys having as your destined gear layout for a:
    1. pure Caster build (dumping melee abilities)
    2. pure Melee build (dumping offensive casting)
    3. Hybrid build (meleeing and offensive casting)

[That the character should be able to function as a healer is not worthy of being explicitly mentioned.]
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post
    Hello,

i am currently milling over the new gear after the Great Gear Change of 2013. The most interesting question for me is: Is the Torc of Prince Raiyum still in your endgame gear layout?

And after that what are you guys having as your destined gear layout for a:
    1. pure Caster build (dumping melee abilities)
    2. pure Melee build (dumping offensive casting)
    3. Hybrid build (meleeing and offensive casting)

[That the character should be able to function as a healer is not worthy of being explicitly mentioned.]
    torcing hurts to bad in endgame content. you lose more sp from healing yourself than you gain from torcing.

Community Member

I would not like to be Torcing in EE.

Anyone that chooses to Torc in EE when Im on my Cleric best be keeping their pots handy :-)
    Corazonroto
    Soultrax
    Mantrax
    The Spellswords - Ghallanda

It was tough but swapped out epic torcs, concordant items from my two main spell bar users. More important to have damage mitigation, spell power, HP than get a few SP back. Sp regen items sort of relegated to freakish tasks like monster manual kills in some respawn chamber. Shrug.

My end game gear for my mostly ranged/slight melee fvs was just posted here:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5124627
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

I play pretty much only EE content and I still kind of like Torc on my casters. I know that the idea is to not get hit at all on EE, but realistically its impossible. So since, Im getting hit once in a while anyway, why not get some SP out of it? Especially that for my casters (shiradis) there is nothing much better. I could probably use some +10 CHA Neck for more SP, but then its like +40 or so extra SP, where I usually get a lot more than that from Torc procs from shrine to shrine.