Default A little knowledge goes a long way in The Pit

Ran the pit earlier today with four players and two hires and no deaths, (not even hireling deaths), and it was one of the best pit parties I've experienced. None of us knew the entire quest, only fractions of it, and our cooperation helped us finish it in less than 30 minutes. The quest was on elite and we were within level to add to our elite streaks. Anyway my point is cooperation in quests can go a long way and it's fun when it happens. This is what ddo should be about, and not following one guy who knows everything and the rest of the party just tags along, gets lost and people die. Sadly there's always that one guy who dies and gets left behind. You usually find him in the lava. And no one else wants to go get him because no one else knows where they're going and they don't want to die also.

Quote Originally Posted by kilagan800 View Post
    Ran the pit earlier today with four players and two hires and no deaths, (not even hireling deaths), and it was one of the best pit parties I've experienced. None of us knew the entire quest, only fractions of it, and our cooperation helped us finish it in less than 30 minutes. The quest was on elite and we were within level to add to our elite streaks. Anyway my point is cooperation in quests can go a long way and it's fun when it happens. This is what ddo should be about, and not following one guy who knows everything and the rest of the party just tags along, gets lost and people die. Sadly there's always that one guy who dies and gets left behind. You usually find him in the lava. And no one else wants to go get him because no one else knows where they're going and they don't want to die also.
    Congratulations!

DDO Wiki has several maps of this quest because of its complexity. As quests go, it's not very difficult. What makes it difficult for many, in my opinion, involves the following gameplay issues caused by the players themselves:

• Impatience. This is a quest that requires you to read and listen to the DM guides throughout the adventure. If you're a person that wants to bash a lot, you'll in for a wait. Turn your game sounds on and listen to voice chat!
    • Flatlander failure: Please have at least a +10 Jump item or potions. If you plan to get to the various switches that complete the objectives and reach loot, this is critical.
    • Traps. Many players forget that some traps can't be disabled, so you'll need to suffer through the many found here. The traps aren't too deadly but can be if you run indiscriminately through them without care.
    • A Good Attitude: Some players forget that exploring a game world and not zerging through it often reveals reward as well as enjoyment. It also helps you avoid needless deaths.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)