Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Agents of STORM

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Shuvall's group completed those last Sunday.

Anyone have any suggestions about the next quests?

P2P/VIP quest chains at our level range are:

Sharn
    Tangleroot
    Necro 1

Base level four F2P quests:

Irestone
    Freshen the Air (market)
    Rest for the Restless (House P)

Base level five F2P quests:

Depths chain in House D
    Chamber of Insanity (House K)
    Lair of Summoning (House K)
    I'm thinking Tangleroot will be easiest. Most players tend to have that on their lists. If not, I can buy passes.

The F2P work for me as well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    I'm thinking Tangleroot will be easiest. Most players tend to have that on their lists. If not, I can buy passes.

The F2P work for me as well.
    I like the idea of Tangleroot, the only possible objection is that since our (slow) group from last week has to finish Catacombs, and then we go into TRG, there's a good chance we won't finish on time again, and the groups will staticize for a 3rd straight week. Not that the groups are bad, but it's fun running with everyone. The alternative I see would be finish CC, and just make a it a non-chain night, grabbing all the F2p quests listed (plus I think Proof is in the Poison is L4 as well?)

Quote Originally Posted by Shallan_Almarr View Post
    I like the idea of Tangleroot, the only possible objection is that since our (slow) group from last week has to finish Catacombs, and then we go into TRG, there's a good chance we won't finish on time again, and the groups will staticize for a 3rd straight week. Not that the groups are bad, but it's fun running with everyone. The alternative I see would be finish CC, and just make a it a non-chain night, grabbing all the F2p quests listed (plus I think Proof is in the Poison is L4 as well?)

Or Shuvall's group can do F2P stand alone quests until the other group finishes Catacombs, then we meet up and re-sort everyone into new groups.

Or Shuvall's group can do F2P stand alone quests until the other group finishes Catacombs, then we meet up and re-sort everyone into new groups.
    Sorry I couldn't end up making it. What did the groups decide to run?

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Sorry I couldn't end up making it. What did the groups decide to run?
    Everyone ran the first 3 tangleroot quests and either finished catacombs or ran another quest. I'm not sure what the other group ran.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Shuvall was saying that we would have to destroy an item if a Cleric raised us inside the quest when I asked him if he had undying call which I can't find any references for in this thread. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    Shuvall was saying that we would have to destroy an item if a Cleric raised us inside the quest when I asked him if he had undying call which I can't find any references for in this thread. Is this true?
    I was always under the impression we could get raised in quest by a spell or gear without penalty.

I thought we only had to destroy an item if we used the rez shrine to get brought back to life. I thought the other options were ride it out as a soulstone and get the completion but no loot, or release and get no completion.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

I was always under the impression we could get raised in quest by a spell or gear without penalty.

I thought we only had to destroy an item if we used the rez shrine to get brought back to life. I thought the other options were ride it out as a soulstone and get the completion but no loot, or release and get no completion.
    I'm guessing too, but I believe the way it is meant to work is like this...

If you die in a quest there are 4 possible outcomes:

1) the party can retrieve your soul stone (i.e. body) and revive you. No penalty

2) the party can retrieve your soul stone but can't revive you (i.e. nobody has the right spell or scroll). You choose to give up the highest ML item you have equipped. One of the group carries your soul stone to the end, you get XP for the quest.

3) the party can retrieve your soul stone but can't revive you. You choose to release before the end of the quest. You give up XP for the quest but don't lose any items.

4) the party cannot retrieve your soul stone. You must release. You give up XP for the quest and lose all your equipped items.

IF someone dies in the final battle that ends the quest, they probably don't have time to decide between 2 and 3, so to be nice about it, we skip the penalty.

From a "role play" perspective, options 1 and 2 represent the cost you had to pay to House J to bring you back to life. option 4 represent you are dead and someone remarkably like you joins the group to replace the lost member. And option 1 means you owe whoever revived you something but since we are working together it's limited to "cost of materials" which comes out of party treasure (so nobody notices).

Reviving someone at a shrine should only be done once the quest is over and is to save the trip back to the town and the waiting around while HP and SP restore.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

1) the party can retrieve your soul stone (i.e. body) and revive you. No penalty

2) the party can retrieve your soul stone but can't revive you (i.e. nobody has the right spell or scroll). You choose to give up the highest ML item you have equipped. One of the group carries your soul stone to the end, you get XP for the quest.

3) the party can retrieve your soul stone but can't revive you. You choose to release before the end of the quest. You give up XP for the quest but don't lose any items.
    OK, that all jives with my understanding of how it was supposed to work.

4) the party cannot retrieve your soul stone. You must release. You give up XP for the quest and lose all your equipped items.

IF someone dies in the final battle that ends the quest, they probably don't have time to decide between 2 and 3, so to be nice about it, we skip the penalty.

I don't remember this one, but it works for me. Makes a party wipe a pretty catastrophic event.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

OK, that all jives with my understanding of how it was supposed to work.

I don't remember this one, but it works for me. Makes a party wipe a pretty catastrophic event.
    The following is from post #1 of this thread (I had to double check to make sure I remembered right):

AUTOMATIC
    a dead character, whose soul stone is unable to be retrieved shall be left behind. He must Release from the quest.

Result - The dead are left behind if their stone is unretrievable. They must Release immediately from the quest. After Release they must destroy ALL items EQUIPPED only.
    No XP. No loot. Loss of all equipped gear. [destroyed]
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

From a "role play" perspective, options 1 and 2 represent the cost you had to pay to House J to bring you back to life. option 4 represent you are dead and someone remarkably like you joins the group to replace the lost member. And option 1 means you owe whoever revived you something but since we are working together it's limited to "cost of materials" which comes out of party treasure (so nobody notices).

Reviving someone at a shrine should only be done once the quest is over and is to save the trip back to the town and the waiting around while HP and SP restore.
    Way back when, this discussion was a bone of contention for all involved. Nobody likes the idea of death rules, but some penalty MUST be enacted in order to preserve the style of play we are looking for and to protect the guild from irresponsible players.

Under the rules posted above, everyone benefits except the Clerics. They do not have the option to have someone "REZ PLZ" Is it really fair that they only have the worst of the options and always suffer penalties in some way, while everyone else gets a free pass if they die?
    Provided that the Clerics have Raise or Rez that is. Having a cleric cast Rez is a convenience, not a right. I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but it's true.

The reality is that when someone dies in group, the whole group suffers, not just the player who died. Riding in a backpack, not contributing to success yet still reaping the benefits of completion is starting to stick in my craw. I am well aware that death happens in quests and I expect it from time to time. But not every night...sigh.

Early on in the discussions of the rules, it was decided that we would revisit anything that was not working fairly or properly. I would like to reopen this issue and have an intelligent and productive discussion.

2) the party can retrieve your soul stone but can't revive you (i.e. nobody has the right spell or scroll). You choose to give up the highest ML item you have equipped. One of the group carries your soul stone to the end, you get XP for the quest

This is what we did for you last night. Did you give up the item?

2) the party can retrieve your soul stone but can't revive you (i.e. nobody has the right spell or scroll). You choose to give up the highest ML item you have equipped. One of the group carries your soul stone to the end, you get XP for the quest

This is what we did for you last night. Did you give up the item?
    Yes.

Hazelnut what you posted was pretty much what I thought it was.

Under the rules posted above, everyone benefits except the Clerics. They do not have the option to have someone "REZ PLZ" Is it really fair that they only have the worst of the options and always suffer penalties in some way, while everyone else gets a free pass if they die?

C'mon Varhann, you know a properly played cleric should always be the last player in the quest to die.

Hey are we allowing cookies from the coin turn-ins to be used while questing?

It's basically just a seasonal collectible. It could add a little fun to our sessions. And it isn't like anyone can collect very many of them since we only open a few chests a week.

C'mon Varhann, you know a properly played cleric should always be the last player in the quest to die.
    Very true, except when they are spending all their SP on gimpy Barb's

Honestly, maybe I had a bad day, but something about the death rules really bothers me. I've died once, during Kobold Assault, and lost the only decent item I had (+3 Wis Ring, Mastercrafted ML 3) At the time that was my highest ML item.

Their have been others who have bitten it every week and seem to have a never ending supply of gear. Maybe I'm just really unlucky on gear drops. Who knows.

What I do know is that when one person dies, everyone in group pays. Scaling does not drop because party members do. Yes we still complete, but I'd like to see some more care taken in avoiding death by lack of hps.

Hey are we allowing cookies from the coin turn-ins to be used while questing?

It's basically just a seasonal collectible. It could add a little fun to our sessions. And it isn't like anyone can collect very many of them since we only open a few chests a week.
    I don't see why not. They are collectables and it could add some fun to the groups.

Their have been others who have bitten it every week and seem to have a never ending supply of gear. Maybe I'm just really unlucky on gear drops. Who knows.

What I do know is that when one person dies, everyone in group pays. Scaling does not drop because party members do. Yes we still complete, but I'd like to see some more care taken in avoiding death by lack of hps.
    I got really lucky on chest rolls the first few weeks so I have a lot of ML 2 weapons waiting but they aren't really much more than +2 weapons and I've been waiting to get out my new ML 4 devotion item until I get something else to destroy first.

Honestly, maybe I had a bad day, but something about the death rules really bothers me. I've died once, during Kobold Assault, and lost the only decent item I had (+3 Wis Ring, Mastercrafted ML 3) At the time that was my highest ML item.
    I wish I had a +3 stat item for my main stat!

Lucky!

I think I'm fine with the way Hazelnut spelled them out, but I'm all for rediscussing the death rules if other people think they need tweaking or re-defining. What did you have in mind Varhann?
    Last edited by Postumus; 12-10-2013 at 06:57 PM.

I wish I had a +3 stat item for my main stat!

Lucky!

I think I'm fine with the way Hazelnut spelled them out, but I'm all for rediscussing the death rules if other people think they need tweaking or re-defining. What did you have in mind Varhann?
    Like I said, I had that item. It's just a memory now, sacrificed to the Death Lords. Best item I have now is my Inquisitors Blade from Catacombs, which I'm hoping to get an augment for. As my highest equipped ML item, I'll lose that next. Currently I have 4ML1 and 2 items, 2 of which came from Korthos. It's a bit frustrating to be level 7 and less equipped than level 2 Korthos newbie. You may be in the same boat so I totally sympathize. What is really funny is that my Wiz from intruders Classic group was better equipped at level 5. Shuvall is cursed with crappy loot luck.

I'm not sure what I'm thinking really. I just have an issue with Raise Dead and Rez being a free pass, while Deacon and myself won't have that option until someone can UMD a scroll, which is a long way off. Maybe it's the price you pay for being the Cleric, but it's still somehow not balanced for everyone when one class does not get the full choice of death options. I am open for suggestions or barring that, willing to let it ride as is.

I don't want my kvetching to ruin the fun for the rest of the guild. I really just wanted to make my opinion known and see if it brokered any discussion. Add to the fact that I am having a rotten work week and I guess it just looks like I'm being a whiney *****

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast