Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Agents of STORM

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    I'm going to bow out. I ranked my other DDO chars and Plumbic came in 5th; and those are all other static or semi static groups. .
    You should pass your guild leadership to another member (not me) and also make a second in command in case another person drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    You should pass your guild leadership to another member (not me) and also make a second in command in case another person drops.
    With that said, I would like to nominate Sparrow (Hazelnut) as our new guild leader. I have no preference for second in command.

Does anyone second my nomination?

I second the motion that Hazelnut be elected Guild Leader. Allow the Guild leader to choose a Successor after consultation with that person, perhaps?

-Sam

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    I second the motion that Hazelnut be elected Guild Leader. Allow the Guild leader to choose a Successor after consultation with that person, perhaps?

-Sam
    I believe anyone who actually wants to lead is not qualified to do so by the fact of their wanting it. I therefore appoint Sam/Fricko/Lurch/et.al. as 2nd in command. 'cause I know he doesn't want it.

I'll accept the nomination but you all have to police yourselves in following the rules. Including crabbing at each other (and me) for not following them.

I'll try to pick a series of quests that offer some semblance of a story arc and that allow us to more or less progress. Keep in mind, I haven't done any quests above level 6 and I think that I only did one level 6 quest so far. If I chose hard quests, it's your fault. How do you feel about running house P on elite at level?
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    I believe anyone who actually wants to lead is not qualified to do so by the fact of their wanting it. I therefore appoint Sam/Fricko/Lurch/et.al. as 2nd in command. 'cause I know he doesn't want it.

I'll accept the nomination but you all have to police yourselves in following the rules. Including crabbing at each other (and me) for not following them.

I'll try to pick a series of quests that offer some semblance of a story arc and that allow us to more or less progress. Keep in mind, I haven't done any quests above level 6 and I think that I only did one level 6 quest so far. If I chose hard quests, it's your fault. How do you feel about running house P on elite at level?
    I'm sure you will do fine and there are plenty of us to ask for advice.

House P hmmm...I'd say we could handle anything at level on Elite except Carnival. On Hard possibly, but due to the length of those quests and no shrine usage, it will be a tough challenge.

Default Up for grabs...

First off, excellent story, Fricko, you're really getting your story telling skills going.

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    "Gather your wits, man! Buckle up and put things shiny side out!" The Inquisitor slapped the desk and half stood, leaning closer to peer intently. Lurch felt pinned under the hard gaze.

"I... I serve The Flame, Sir." It was all he could think to say.
    This is somewhat in the vain of leadership of AoS. No one desires it but it has to be done. I have been in some RL groups that promote "mandatory volunteerism", and I think (hope) the concept could work here. The guild does need an administrative paper monkey type, for that I am leaning toward Hazelnut to be the named leader.

Planning each weeks quests to balance the difficulty against characters that no one has ever played in that content (gear wise) takes experience. I'd like to suggest that the members of Agents share the planning duty, and then share being 'squad leader'. Everyone gets the pain of being responsible, and it doesn't fall on one all the time.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    I am leaning toward Hazelnut to be the named leader.
    Just appoint Hazelnut leader. If anyone else really wants to be active with the guild, Hazelnut can appoint the successor and officers accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    I'm sure you will do fine and there are plenty of us to ask for advice.

House P hmmm...I'd say we could handle anything at level on Elite except Carnival. On Hard possibly, but due to the length of those quests and no shrine usage, it will be a tough challenge.
    I agree Party Crashers would be tough at level with the gear restrictions. We'd probably do better running that chain at level 7.

Necro 1 would be good for us at level 5/6 on elite and the entire necro series has a great story line going from level 5 to 15 culminating in a raid.

Another good chain for us would be Tangleroot. 3BC is not really a chain, but is thematic.

My suggestion for the next chains are:

Tangleroot (L3-7) - chain end reward
    Necro 1 (L5-6) - chain end reward by turning in scarab powder and upgrading silver flame necklace
    Phiarlin Carnival (L5-6) - chain end reward
    Delera's (L5-8) - chain end reward
    Sentinels (L6-8) - chain end reward

Chronoscope raid. raid loot.

Vault of Night. no chain end reward but raid loot.

Default Party Planner....

I agree Party Crashers would be tough at level with the gear restrictions. We'd probably do better running that chain at level 7.

Necro 1 would be good for us at level 5/6 on elite and the entire necro series has a great story line going from level 5 to 15 culminating in a raid.

Another good chain for us would be Tangleroot. 3BC is not really a chain, but is thematic.

Necro 1 (L5-6) - chain end reward by turning in scarab powder and upgrading silver flame necklace

*Fricko takes Cogoiler's XXX jug from Lurch and sips cautiously, pondering ponderously on the possibility of promoting Postumus the Party Planning Potentate.*

I want to point out that many of us are not VIP and so do not have access to every quest. I have about half of those listed above.

Are we choosing the best quests, or are we choosing chain quests because we get to keep the end reward?

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    I want to point out that many of us are not VIP and so do not have access to every quest. I have about half of those listed above.

Are we choosing the best quests, or are we choosing chain quests because we get to keep the end reward?
    Delaras and VoN are excellent xp. Delera's end reward includes Voice of the Master, a +1 good luck trinket with permanent +5% xp bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko
    "Gather your wits, man! Buckle up and put things shiny side out!" The Inquisitor slapped the desk and half stood, leaning closer to peer intently. Lurch felt pinned under the hard gaze.

"I... I serve The Flame, Sir." It was all he could think to say.
    Really great lines. Sam definitely has that J.R.R. Tolkien "old fashioned" style that I particular like. With the bunch of excellent writers making up the guild there should be alot of great reading to go along with after action reports.

Again, I'm really sorry I can't make guys. But I'll be lurking around here on days.

Have FUN!

Default Your illustrius leader speaks...

Since we are a mix of premium and VIP (and possibly some F2P). Each of you please do the following:

Send me your guild character name (and if you built back-ups, I'll take those too).

If you are Premium or F2P and do not have everything, send me the list of adventure packs you do have. If in doubt, you can go to the DDO store and look through the adventure packs. Anything you can't buy, you have. Note the DDO Store filters out things you can't buy so be sure to check "show all items" in the DDO store.

Quests and quest chain selections will be done based on what people say they want to run and what we all (or most of us) have. I will post suggested direction, take feedback and adjust. Preference will be towards free quests and quest that all (or most) of us have.

I have the following adventure packs:
    The Catacombs (as of this past monday)
    The Sharn Syndicate
    Tangleroot Gorge
    Devil Assault
    Three Barrel Cove
    Phiarlan Carnival
    The Path of Inspiration
    The Dreaming Dark
    Menace of the Underdark (King's Forest, Underdark, Demonweb)

Community Member

I am Dak, and he is also me.

We are VIP.

I am Shuvall, VIP and always willing to spend a few TP to get someone a pass.

Since we are a mix of premium and VIP (and possibly some F2P). Each of you please do the following:

Send me your guild character name (and if you built back-ups, I'll take those too).
    Dallog.

I have the following adventure packs:

The Catacombs
    Devil Assault
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Delera's Tomb
    The Path of Inspiration
    The Dreaming Dark
    Menace of the Underdark

I've earned a few thousand TPs so I can purchase packs as we go (or if they go on sale) and I have a buddy who owes me a few quest passes so I basically can get access to everything, I just can't open on elite.

What do we plan to run today?

Community Member

Evonrogeus i have VIP

Default For today

What do we plan to run today?
    We probably want to wrap up The Catacombs with
    Endgame: Marguerite and
    Endgame: The Archbishop's Fate

Those are leftover from last week. After that ???
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 12-08-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Endgame: Marguerite and
    Endgame: The Archbishop's Fate

Those are leftover from last week. After that ???

Shuvall's group completed those last Sunday.

Anyone have any suggestions about the next quests?

P2P/VIP quest chains at our level range are:

Sharn
    Tangleroot
    Necro 1

Base level four F2P quests:

Irestone
    Freshen the Air (market)
    Rest for the Restless (House P)

Base level five F2P quests:

Depths chain in House D
    Chamber of Insanity (House K)
    Lair of Summoning (House K)