Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Agents of STORM

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    Not remembering that paladins need more charisma then wisdom, I allocated my stats in a manner that doesn't help my class. I conferred with zefjoe who laughed but said 'sure, you can fix that'. So, my new and improved stats for Plumbic are: Str 15; Dex 12; Con 13; Int 10 (heal and intim skills); Wis 11 and Cha 13. This should allow LOH to work and cast first level spells. Can't promise anything but I might be on Wayfinder on Saturday evening (7:00 EST). Any new players are welcome to join if they see me.
    Some of us are meeting at 8:15 tonight in wavecrest tavern.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    Speaking of which, can we postpone until 9:15pm? I need to pick up the kid from drama class at 8:30 and the wife is out of town.

being a Daddy comes first. If it's a problem, start without me and I'll catch up.

Are we running our Sunday night characters and finishing Korthos or new characters to have backups. I rolled a cleric thinking we were short one, but she needs to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    Are we running our Sunday night characters and finishing Korthos or new characters to have backups. I rolled a cleric thinking we were short one, but she needs to catch up.
    Varhann wants to move it back to 9:15.
    and these are Sunday characters that are new.

Default Thursday night run...

I'm in to catch my new character back up. Everyone who missed on last Sunday is welcome. I'm not going any further than I went on Sunday. Not sure if the slow team wants to catch up before Sunday or get in early on Sunday. It would be nice to have everyone at the same point around 8 ish. If you want to do a backup/alternate that is fine. Keeping 2 characters on pace won't be possible. While I encourage everyone to play a class they want, more healing can't hurt us one bit.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Varhann wants to move it back to 9:15.
    and these are Sunday characters that are new.
    I really can't wait that long. I need to be done by 10pm or shortly after that. Anyone who is on by 8pm, we should get started.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    I'm in to catch my new character back up. Everyone who missed on last Sunday is welcome. I'm not going any further than I went on Sunday. Not sure if the slow team wants to catch up before Sunday or get in early on Sunday. It would be nice to have everyone at the same point around 8 ish. If you want to do a backup/alternate that is fine. Keeping 2 characters on pace won't be possible. While I encourage everyone to play a class they want, more healing can't hurt us one bit.
    So the players that missed are doing the village quests tonight. Did the other team finish Korthos completely. My team only got one island quest complete.

I'm on in just a few minutes.

Stormsong d'Lyrandar, Agent of Storm
    CG Half-Elf Female
    ... she swore to never leave Xen'drik until she had fulfilled her mentor's dream of cataloging all the tribal songs of the giants and drow.
    I enjoyed the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    I enjoyed the story.
    Thanks. I tried to copy it to the in-game bio but it was too long.

Default Sunday Quest Planning...

Judging from the discussion around the formation of this group, it appears we need to perform a bit more planning on which quests should be run when. Especially if we are going to have 2 mix-and-match teams that we want to keep in sync week to week.

I think before this Sunday, all our characters should have completed the following quests:
    The In-Town Quests:
    • Heyton's Rest
    • The Cannith Crystal
    • The Storehouse's Secret
    • The Collaborator

Korthos Island Quest:
    • Stopping the Sahuagin

With the following quests to be completed on Sunday October 20:
    • Sacrifices
    • Necromancer's Doom
    • Redemption
    • Misery's Peak

Then, we can all head off to Stormreach for some shopping. I expect questing in Stormreach will wait until the 27. I suggest we start that off with:
    • A Man Named Baudry Cartamon (story arc gives free collectibles bag)
    • The Smuggler's Warehouse (quest gives free gem bag)

In the end, whoever plans the questing should post the expected quests in this thread in advance of the Sunday night. Since I like having a story and some logical flow between quests in terms of story, I hope we run through full story arcs (and not jump between them), even if it takes multiple sessions to complete a story arc. We might also consider meeting in a Tavern to discuss in advance of the quest (assuming we can set a time that most can meet).
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 10-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Community Member

Default shceduling issues

hey guys, i've been handling some stuff and i won't be able to make it for the next 3-4 sundays
    (family, and finally got to take my vacactions before i was expecting, that's a yay anyways :P)

Don't count me in for now and sorry. I joined the THAC0 monday's group though, and i'll be able at least to try next monday, i guess i will be seeing some of you there.

Again, so sorry for the coming and going, was expecting to be free for a month or so, lame.

and again thanks for everything, will be seeing you!

P.S: For the ones in the THAC0's mondays group, i rolled a paladin named "Kelemmvor", in case you see him around ^^

Default Joining Forces - The story of the forming of the Agents of STORM.

This story is inspired by the Agents of STORM static group. The names are borrowed. The rest is complete fiction.

Huddling close to the fireplace in a thin and tattered cloak Sparrow thought for the thousandth time, I'm never going to get off this gods forsaken iceberg of an island. As she shivered wishing the fire were a bit bigger, Sparrow listened to the music being played in the corner.

The bard playing the music was trying to cheer up the cold and depressed patrons. Surprisingly she was having some success. The fishermen were singing along to the more raunchy sea chantys and the serving wenches were actually dancing a little as they delivered watered down ale and thin vegetable soup to the patrons of the Wavecrest Tavern.

She hadn't seen this bard before. The bard must be a recent arrival. That was sad since it meant another ship had been sunk and most of the people on board must have drowned before they could reach the shores of Korthos Island.

The icy shores of Korthos Island were an anomaly in this part of the world. Snow and Ice covered the shore and most of the island while the palm trees struggled to keep growing. It was an unnatural cold. Not mearly unnatural in the sense of odd, but an actual curse. A curse caused by the white dragon that blockaided the island and attacked any ship that tried to approach.

Somehow the locals had managed to protect the lone village on this icy rock from the curse. It snowed in the village at times but the snow never stayed and the gardens continued to grow; slowly and poorly, but enough that the village wasn't starving, not yet anyway.

The bard had finished her set and moved over closer to the fire and bumped Sparrow out of her thoughts. Sparrow slid over on the bench giving the bard room to sit. The bard smiled and said in an overly cheerful tone, “Hi, I'm called Stormsong. I just arrived in town.”

Sparrow eyed the happy singer suspiciously, “Sparrow. You ‘arrived’?” And then a bit more hopefully, “Has the Sahuagin blockade been broken?”

Stormsong said in an apologetic tone, “Oh no, I’m afraid not. I was taking an airship to Stormreach when it was attacked by a white dragon and crashed. Actually, I’m not entirely sure where I am.”

“In that case, welcome to Korthos Island. If there is a bright center to Xen’Drik, this is the farthest point from it.” Sparrow grew silent and blushed as her empty stomach rumbled.

Stormsong waved at a nearby wench and asked for two bowls of soup. When they arrived she passed one over to the glum Sparrow with a smile. Sparrow smiled through the confused look on her face and accepted the bowl of soup. The two of them ate in silence while trying to stay warm by the fire.

When the food was finished, Sparrow said, “Thank you.”

“I don’t suppose you know of any other work around here?”

“I’ve heard of two or three jobs, but it’s going to take a small team of skilled fights to make sure it gets done right.”

“So we need a proper adventuring group? If we look around maybe we could find a few more.”

“If you have a line on some work, I would be interested in joining in. I’ve been properly trained by the Knights of the Silver Flame. My name is Lurch. It’s a pleasure to meet you two young ladies”, interrupted the man who had been sitting on the other side of Sparrow.

With a twinkle in her eye that had been missing since she left Stormreach, Sparrow tried to look at both of her new friends at the same time, “Okay, I’ll line up a couple of jobs. If we can find one or two more to join us this might work.” Sparrow thought, maybe I will get paid on this trip after all, as Stormsong got up to start another set and Lurch waved over at the serving wench for another pint of watered down ale. Sparrow felt warmer and her foot began tapping to the music that Stormsong started playing.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 10-21-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Default Shuvall, Battle Brother and Vassal of Dol Arrah

Intro - Part 1

"You, boy. Where is the Vassal that minds the Shrine here?" came the voice from down the dock.
    Stepven looked up from his mending as the stranger approached his son. He was an elf, sure as rain, but the roughest looking elf Stepven had ever seen. Clad in battered chainmail that looked like it came from a tomb and holding a shield of similar ilk, but his most apparent feature were his oversized lavender eyes. Those eyes have seen too much death, thought Stepven, shuddering in the incessant chill.
    "Taken" said Stepven, matter of factly.
    "Taken?" said the elf, impatiently, "Taken by whom?"
    It was then that Stepven notice two things. The elf had a sword tattoo on his left and right cheek, beautiful work indeed. Like the kind sailors get in far off lands, but these were some how different. They had a slight metallic sheen to them and Stepven felt at ease when he looked at them, like he was somehow safer in their precense. The other thing was the elf's voice. A deep rich baratone, clear and resonant, but not intimidating. It reminded Stepven of a roll of thunder on a sunny day, out of place but still makes you take notice.
    "By 'dem Cultists, a few day ayore" said Stepven, continuing his mending carefully.
    " They came inna group, right at dusk iffen I recall rightly, and herded "im off in the direction of Spylooker Point. Ain't seen "em since"
    Stepven looked at the elf, who in turn looked back with a face full of questions and a touch of anger.
    "Which way is Skylooker Point, boy? By The Host, tell me!" commanded the elf as he fingered the pommel of the ornate longsword Stepven just notice hanging on his belt.
    "Thata way, along the coast it is" replied Stepven before he even realized he was speaking and pointing northward "You can't be missin it, lookin out over da water like a fishhook"
    "My thanks, boy. May the Light of Dol Arrah shine of you this day" said the elf. As he turn to leave. he flipped Stepven something from his hand.
    Stepven reached out and caught it, a shiny gold piece, and the real thing too!
    "Many 'tanks good sir. Mind the chill" said Stepven, pocketing the coin and thinking of the mulled wine and pork pie he was going to eat tonight.
    Stepven just then noticed Old Shaky off too his left, staring at him and smiling his single tooth grin.
    "Don't git none ideas Shaky. I ain't buyin ya no drinks unless ye helpin wit dee mendin" said Stepven and he meant it. Shaky was a lazy bugger, but could mend a net like no other.
    "Aintin why I smiling, boy" said Shaky, still grinning from ear to ear.
    "Why 'den " asked Stepven " are ya lookin like a pig in slop?
    "Boy, dat dere was a genuine Battle Brother of Dol Arrah. Call 'dem da "Sword Saints" on the mainland. Tough as nails and tar, dey are" cackled Shaky. "Imma guessing 'tings around 'ere are aboutin ta change fer da betta"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    Since I like having a story and some logical flow between quests in terms of story, I hope we run through full story arcs (and not jump between them), even if it takes multiple sessions to complete a story arc.
    We do jump between Chains in THAC0. This is done for reasons of my own, but so far, no one has objected.
    Are there any others that believe as Hazelnut?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by harry-pancreas View Post
    hey guys, i've been handling some stuff and i won't be able to make it for the next 3-4 sundays
    (family, and finally got to take my vacactions before i was expecting, that's a yay anyways :P)

Don't count me in for now and sorry. I joined the THAC0 monday's group though, and i'll be able at least to try next monday, i guess i will be seeing some of you there.

Again, so sorry for the coming and going, was expecting to be free for a month or so, lame.

and again thanks for everything, will be seeing you!

P.S: For the ones in the THAC0's mondays group, i rolled a paladin named "Kelemmvor", in case you see him around ^^
    We all know real life comes first. Manatarmss may have a similar situation from now on. It will never be known if he will be available until Monday afternoon.
    As long as there is at least 4 players, adventuring should be conducted nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    We do jump between Chains in THAC0. This is done for reasons of my own, but so far, no one has objected.
    Are there any others that believe as Hazelnut?
    I do. Chains are campaigns. Leaving one in the middle to do something unrelated kind of kills the semi RP aspect of it for me.

I'm not saying you have to change what you are doing, just that it breaks the story up like crappy TV show filler episodes. Babylon 5 did this an awful lot and makes parts of some seasons unwatchable to those of us with a story teller souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    I do. Chains are campaigns. Leaving one in the middle to do something unrelated kind of kills the semi RP aspect of it for me.

Agreed.

The only reason I can think to break chains might be chains like Tangleroot or Sorrowdusk (which has a natural break) or Delera's where the difference between the difference in levels between the first module and the last is more than 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Agreed.

The only reason I can think to break chains might be chains like Tangleroot or Sorrowdusk (which has a natural break) or Delera's where the difference between the difference in levels between the first module and the last is more than 3.
    Agreed but if the session ends in the middle of a chain we don't need to go back to it immediately.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    If its that important to you, then its fine with me.

Default So... What did I miss yesterday?

Sorry gang. Life called. Did anyone else miss Sunday? Can we consider Tuesday evening or should I just catch up?
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 10-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast