Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Agents of STORM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    Does the starter equipment, ring of water breather, armor/robe, count toward the magic items allowed; they do not have a ML value assigned? This will not be a problem if I need to do away with something.
    I believe that any item without an ML is treated as ML 1.

Redemption, we had to stop before attempting this one. From past experience, I have not been able to complete this one on hard or elite without being able to heal Heyton. If this group can't cast any healing; discuss how best to do this one.
    Yes, the cleric really made the difference here. Focused on keeping every up, it was still a close call. Hopefully we can get another cleric or perhaps I can switch to clogue instead of my intended frankenstein. Which brings us to...

Mixing the groups: I really want to mix and match the groups from 1 week to the next, so I get to know everyone. I would also like to suggest (again) that the team captain rotate among the players from week to week. That person would dictate the pace of advance, organize the attacks, and assign the loot rolls. A tactical party playing close to it's limit should have an 'officer in charge'. I also like to use the 'shift' animation to signal that I'm ready at the door or acknowledge a command. Paladins don't sneak, I'm trying to get walk assigned to a key.
    My thoughts too. Shifting people around will also reduce "competition" between the groups. E plurubus unum.

What is "shift" animation?

Just because a character has zero points in Hide and Move Silent doesn't mean they can't move in Sneak mode. As Postumous has stated previously, being in sneak mode for some characters is a detriment when they are ready to attack or act offensively. But moving through the dungeon carefully and deliberately is possible by everyone. I'm guilty of moving too quick myself. Another reason I've suggested to try Hard levels above us.

There were a few discussions on taking end rewards, buying mundane items, buying healing potions as first-aid. Some of these were not resolved, or my memory is fuzzy as there was much debate and conversation about many issues.

Does the starter equipment, ring of water breather, armor/robe, count toward the magic items allowed; they do not have a ML value assigned? This will not be a problem if I need to do away with something.
    The consensus is that since the village quests end with Collaborator, being necessary to advance, it forms a chain of quests. The Collaborator End Reward can be taken. All the other quests within have their items sold. The same can be said for the wilderness quests. They form a chain of quests ending with Misery's Peak. Since the Mayor's quest and Misery's both give a "set" End Reward I think that both parts of the set can be taken. All other end rewards for the island should be sold off.

The starter stuff, unless it says masterwork somewhere [or the robe] in it's description will count as 1 ML. SO anything Ember is 1 ML. The ring is 1 ML. Any item encountered in game that has no ML listed will always count as AT LEAST 1 ML.

Using Quarrel as an example she has -

Starter Chain - masterwork non magic item - 0 ML
    Oladren's Great Crossbow - no listed ML, so it's ML = 1
    Troubleshooters Goggles - no listed ML, so ML = 1
    +2 Heavy Pick - ML =2

At level 2 she can have 4 ML worth of items. She's at her limit. When she finishes Misery's Peak she will ditch the Pick and take the Necklace, and have 1 ML spot open.

As for buying mundane items, yes anything non magic can be purchased.
    As for healing potions for first aid, as collected in quests. There should be enough for a character to have a good store of first aid healing without having to buy any.

Again, hopefully this will help make players more careful in play.
    Last edited by zefjoe; 10-14-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zefjoe View Post
    As it stands now the roster consists of :

Quarrel - halfling female, rogue-ranger
    Braxyn - dwarf male, wizard
    Dallog - halfling male, barbarian-fighter
    Evonrogeus - h/elf female, rogue
    Fynwyn - elf male, ranger
    Lurch - human male, paladin
    Plumbic - dwarf male, paladin
    Sparrowvine - halfling female, rogue
    Vierriia - drow female, cleric
    ?Shuvall -

still 2 spots open for teams of 6. We need another cleric. And a bard would be handy.

Another thought. If 2 teams seems too easy, perhaps 3 teams? Thoughts?
    Shuvall is an Elf male Cleric.

You guys need to put a leash on Lurch. 2 Hours to level 3 is zergfest no matter how you slice it

Sorry I missed the first night. The Ren Faire was way to much fun for my daughter, so we decide to stay late. Is there anyone besides myself who need to do catch up duty?

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    Redemption, we had to stop before attempting this one. From past experience, I have not been able to complete this one on hard or elite without being able to heal Heyton. If this group can't cast any healing; discuss how best to do this one.

The other options are well timed use of intim, fascinate and hypno. Cleave early to get agro, and everyone can attempt to trip. Really, anything you can do to control the mobs will work. You cannot stop Heyton from being an idiot , so burning everything down fast and with a plan will work.

You guys need to put a leash on Lurch. 2 Hours to level 3 is zergfest no matter how you slice it
    Sorry I missed the first night. The Ren Faire was way to much fun for my daughter, so we decide to stay late. Is there anyone besides myself who need to do catch up duty?
    You would've laughed. He was like an old hound dog going out for the years first hunt. I don't know if Sparrowvine did any questing or not, she popped in late too. Book-o-dragons still needs to catch up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post

Lurch is a man possessed! He loves swinging that great axe and he brings joy to my barbarian heart whenever he charges some poor Sahaugin and chops it into fish bait before it even knew what happened. I like this Lurch. He's confident, headstrong, and really, really wants to hit things with his axe.

Our DPS was quite high with both Lurch and Dallog wielding great axes, and Quarrel providing point blank sniper fire support with a great xbow. (I saw Vie get quite a few licks in with that mace as well). Seriously the opponents were dropping so fast I had to check a couple times to make sure we weren't really playing on normal difficulty.

TBH I don't think we played that fast. We finished the village quests in under an hour, and spent about 1 1/2 hours on the next four (which are all quite short). A little over 2 1/2 hours total. The second group had broken for the night when we started our last quest.

We also never recalled to town, but just walked straight from one quest to the other. I was in sneak mode most of the night, even in the outdoor areas, so I'm not sure how much slower we could have gone... we even had several AFKs. Lurch may have been running around in the wilderness, but half the time he was running in the opposite direction as the rest of the party lol.

Quote Originally Posted by magiker
    Sometimes ignoring or bypassing or otherwise "using" it is much better for our playstyle. Team 2 bypassed that trap that caused Team 1's death.

You aren't suggesting we METAGAME are you? What made you bypass that doorway? Was it a random roll or did you intentionally bypass it because you knew it was trapped? For our part we (and by "we" I mean LURCH) just chose to go the to open door. Once we were in the room and saw the trap, we thought it was a good opportunity to see how Quarrel's skill were. He found it, but blew the disable. He was unable to find the cold traps down below, nor the traps in but he was able to get the traps in Sacrifices. Quarrel did find and disable all the traps in Redemption though.

As someone (Varhann?) mentioned before, any rogues with a decent intelligence should have no trouble getting all the traps, even on elite, but they have to put every enhancement point possible into trap skills until around level 10-12. My experience is that the only really tough traps are at low level are Shan-To-Kor.

Also, IIRC, Vie took the 'no experience/no completion' option for her death in Stopping the Sauhagin. Which makes sense since it isn't one of the flagging quests.
    Last edited by Postumus; 10-14-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Lurch is a man possessed! He loves swinging that great axe and he brings joy to my barbarian heart whenever he charges some poor Sahaugin and chops it into fish bait before it even knew what happened. I like this Lurch. He's confident, headstrong, and really, really wants to hit things with his axe.

Our DPS was quite high with both Lurch and Dallog wielding great axes, and Quarrel providing point blank sniper fire support with a great xbow. (I saw Vie get quite a few licks in with that mace as well). Seriously the opponents were dropping so fast I had to check a couple times to make sure we weren't really playing on normal difficulty.

TBH I don't think we played that fast. We finished the village quests in under an hour, and spent about 1 1/2 hours on the next four (which are all quite short). A little over 2 1/2 hours total. The second group had broken for the night when we started our last quest.

We also never recalled to town, but just walked straight from one quest to the other. I was in sneak mode most of the night, even in the outdoor areas, so I'm not sure how much slower we could have gone... we even had several AFKs. Lurch may have been running around in the wilderness, but half the time he was running in the opposite direction as the rest of the party lol.

You aren't suggesting we METAGAME are you? What made you bypass that doorway? Was it a random roll or did you intentionally bypass it because you knew it was trapped? For our part we (and by "we" I mean LURCH) just chose to go the to open door. Once we were in the room and saw the trap, we thought it was a good opportunity to see how Quarrel's skill were. He found it, but blew the disable. He was unable to find the cold traps down below, nor the traps in but he was able to get the traps in Sacrifices. Quarrel did find and disable all the traps in Redemption though.

As someone (Varhann?) mentioned before, any rogues with a decent intelligence should have no trouble getting all the traps, even on elite, but they have to put every enhancement point possible into trap skills until around level 10-12. My experience is that the only really tough traps are at low level are Shan-To-Kor.

Also, IIRC, Vie took the 'no experience/no completion' option for her death in Stopping the Sauhagin. Which makes sense since it isn't one of the flagging quests.
    No, we went through that trap. I thought you meant the other one, by the ice trap.

I noticed that we killed pretty quick too. I mean REALLY quick. I intentionally picked Great Crossbow and Point blank because I noticed that with Vinagarune, I was not dealing enough damage fast enough [especially against fortified/DR resistant stuff] and was still vulnerable when getting aggro. I thought to put myself up high and out of range with a large but slow damage shot to bring some balance. I had voiced my concern about being too op to Varhann in a PM. But I thought that the ability to scale back some and let Quarrel "grow into" her capability would balance out. With 2 great axe wielding berserkers we just annihilated stuff. I'm thinking we might need to split into groups not only balanced by class abilities but by damage potential. Thoughts?

There was that too. We never went back to repair gear or finish out with quest giver. Straight on to the next quest. And it was Quarrel's idea to do Sacrifices to get it out of the way.

I noticed that we killed pretty quick too. I mean REALLY quick. I intentionally picked Great Crossbow and Point blank because I noticed that with Vinagarune, I was not dealing enough damage fast enough [especially against fortified/DR resistant stuff] and was still vulnerable when getting aggro. I thought to put myself up high and out of range with a large but slow damage shot to bring some balance. I had voiced my concern about being too op to Varhann in a PM. But I thought that the ability to scale back some and let Quarrel "grow into" her capability would balance out. With 2 great axe wielding berserkers we just annihilated stuff. I'm thinking we might need to split into groups not only balanced by class abilities but by damage potential. Thoughts?

There was that too. We never went back to repair gear or finish out with quest giver. Straight on to the next quest. And it wasway.

Korthos is just beginner stuff. Its easy to think "zoiks I AM AWESOME!" Once we start getting smacked around by hobgobs and trolls, we'll come back to earth. Even the casters in Misery's Peak might give us a bloody nose or two if we are not careful. I like the idea of mixing up teams every week.

Last night was fun. "Lurch! Luurch! LURCH! ThIS WAY buddy!" Lol. I think aftera year of cogs and percy he was just enjoying kicking butt!

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

You would've laughed. He was like an old hound dog going out for the years first hunt. I don't know if Sparrowvine did any questing or not, she popped in late too. Book-o-dragons still needs to catch up too.
    Sparrow got through to the end of the quests that happen in Korthos Village. Finished the quest in the tavern (chasing the traitor or whatever it's called). Wandered out into the wilderness but no quests.

I think a few of us are going to do the 3 quests that are given in the village but happen in the wilderness.

I have done:
    The Cannith Crystal
    The Collaborator
    Heyton's Rest
    Redemption
    The Storehouse's Secret

I pulled +1 Leather Armor from a breakable and got Oladren's Great Crossbow as the end reward for The Collaborator.

I'm still using the Ember Shortbow and Ember Rapier from starter gear.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 10-14-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: added list of completed quests.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Last night was fun. "Lurch! Luurch! LURCH! ThIS WAY buddy!" Lol. I think aftera year of cogs and percy he was just enjoying kicking butt!
    Didn't he make you think of granny from the Beverly Hillbillies, all wound up and on her "medicine" chasing Jethro around, cacklin' like a hen! HAHAHAHA.

Default Lurch, unfettered!

Okay, admittedly poor Lurch was running hither and yon, rushing from place to place and constantly swinging his great axe at everything that looked even remotely evil in nature.

The primary problem was that he did not have "Move Silently" on a hotbar key until the end of the evening. A bad mistake on my part. I promise he will do better in the future. After so many years of Cleric and Rogue, playing a character who can actually go toe to toe with the bad guys is really quite invigorating! Lurch is FUN!

My apologies for the problems he and I created, but I have to admit part was created by my desire NOT to slow people down. Lurch and I are a work in progress. I am happy that you folks seem to have enjoyed my discovery of pure warrior fighting, as it really was a LOT of fun!

-Sam

Default Sparrow Vine Hazelnut, Agent of STORM, Halfling Rogue

Sure, I'll tell you how I ended up trapped on this tiny freezing little island with no money and no prospects.

I've been stuck on Korthos Island for months because of that cursed frost dragon. I hired on to a small merchant ship to protect some of the cargo. Unfortunately, the ship was attacked by the dragon and sank. I managed to get to shore before I drowned but I don't think anyone else made it. Needless to say, I don't have a way back to Stormreach and I'm not likely to be paid since the cargo sank with the ship.

Ya, I'm from Stormreach. It's the only city on the nearby mainland. At least it's the only city I know of. I grew up in the Jorasco Enclave. They are some of the best healers in the world but I've never found medicine all that interesting. Granted I have learned a few things from them, but I much preferred going to the House Kundarak and watching the artificers work. I learned a few things from them too. Nothing fancy. I have no clue how to make one of those defenders they make and sell but I can usually disable a trap without setting it off.

So, I'm stuck here doing odd jobs for the locals until the blockaide of the Korthos harbor is cleared and I can catch a ride back home.

What brings you here?

STATS: (base)
    STR 12
    DEX 16
    CON 14
    INT 15
    WIS 10
    CHA 12

I found some decent leather armor in the warehouse that they said I could have. The bartender gave me an old crossbow. It doesn't look like much but with a little tweaking, it should work well enough. I found a rapier in a cave by the sea. Oh, and Jeets was kind enough to give me a quiver that is only a bit salt stained.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 10-17-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    Okay, admittedly poor Lurch was running hither and yon, rushing from place to place and constantly swinging his great axe at everything that looked even remotely evil in nature.

The primary problem was that he did not have "Move Silently" on a hotbar key until the end of the evening. A bad mistake on my part. I promise he will do better in the future. After so many years of Cleric and Rogue, playing a character who can actually go toe to toe with the bad guys is really quite invigorating! Lurch is FUN!

My apologies for the problems he and I created, but I have to admit part was created by my desire NOT to slow people down. Lurch and I are a work in progress. I am happy that you folks seem to have enjoyed my discovery of pure warrior fighting, as it really was a LOT of fun!

-Sam

party on Lurch! I am the last guy who will tell you to slow down. I just want to make sure you are pointed in the right direction!

Community Member

Default hi again, in the right post.

hi guys, i posted in another thread of yours, thanks a lot LeadHero for answering

i posted in here, if u guys wanna see it https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5134975

so what i understood, LeadHero, is i should roll a toon and do the town part of korthos ? Heyton's, cannith crystal, etc till collaborator ?

My only doubt is that i thought you guys must be present when i do the rolls for the toon, or maybe that changed...i have to read this thread too i guess. I might have some questions about the rules, i saw a lot of options and i'm not sure which ones u picked for some of these rules

Guess i'll see you on sunday if i don't find you guys before

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by harry-pancreas View Post
    hi guys, i posted in another thread of yours, thanks a lot LeadHero for answering

i posted in here, if u guys wanna see it https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5134975

so what i understood, LeadHero, is i should roll a toon and do the town part of korthos ? Heyton's, cannith crystal, etc till collaborator ?

My only doubt is that i thought you guys must be present when i do the rolls for the toon, or maybe that changed...i have to read this thread too i guess. I might have some questions about the rules, i saw a lot of options and i'm not sure which ones u picked for some of these rules

Guess i'll see you on sunday if i don't find you guys before

cheers.
    The other thread is mostly us discussing what rules we wanted to play by. This one outlines them more clearly in the first few posts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    The other thread is mostly us discussing what rules we wanted to play by. This one outlines them more clearly in the first few posts.
    yes, hanks haz i was just catching up the rules. Good ones i have to say

guess i'll see you all on sunday for the korthos wildz, still no idea wha kind of character i'm rolling for this. I have only 1 doubt, for chest looting gotta roll a dice (i dont remember which one by now) and if i get a 1 i can loot, otherwise i can't ? Any kind of chest forbidden ?
    thanks

have a good one!

Default Did we ever decide about the stone of change?

I'm not talking about Cannith Crafting, I'm pretty sure we decided against that.

I was reading through DDOWiki and noticed a page on The Stone of Change (in Marketplace beside the bank). It seams to be some leftover from a much earlier time. It offers some very limited magic enhancements to equipment.

I'm pretty sure the answer for this group is "you don't get to use it", but it might be considered similar enough to the collectible vendors that we want to consider it.

In case others don't know, the choices are pretty limited:
    Bind and Attune - binds the item to your character, prevents permanent damage, and readies for further rituals
    Alchemical Adamantine - increases durability and hardness of the item
    Alchemical Eldritch - add +1 ML type feature
    Armor, Shield - +1 to AC
    Weapons - +1 to damage OR +1d4 on critical
    Jewelery - +1 to saves

Each piece of equipment can have only 1 type of enhancement at a time.
    It uses the same collectibles as the collectors.

It probably adds a bit too much magic, but I just ran across it.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 10-17-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Default Stormsong d'Lyrandar, Agent of Storm

Stormsong d'Lyrandar, Agent of Storm
    CG Half-Elf Female
    Stats:
    Str: 14
    Dex: 10
    Con: 14
    Int: 14
    Wis: 10
    Cha: 16

Born to two dragonmarked parents during a storm, a good omen in House Lyrandar, her dragonmark manifested before she was a week old. She was never happier than when she was able to venture outside in the middle of a storm, she was always found with a smile on her lips and a song on her tongue until the death of her parents when she was ten. Brought to Stormhome to be raised by her relatives in the house she chaffed under their expectations and ran away to Flammekeep at the age of twelve where she attempted to become a paladin but she was too impulsive and filled with wanderlust despite her caring heart. At fifteen while traveling alone in Breland, a gnome bard heard her singing outside in a powerful storm and recognized her talent. Wanting a break with her past she refused to tell him her name but with her dragonmark right on her face it was useless to deny her house affiliation. After traveling with her mentor in the Eldeen reaches and learning the tribal songs of the shifters she declared her name as Stormsong d'Lyrandar on her eighteenth birthday and the two of them traveled south through Zilargo and booked passage on an airship to Stormreach. This first contact with anyone associated with House Lyrandar was stormy with the elders having ordered all captains to watch for her and bring her back to Stormhome. Only her mentor paying large sums of money to the captain managed to get them going southward at all. After her mentor's death in the dragon attack on the airship she swore to never leave Xen'drik until she had fulfilled her mentor's dream of cataloging all the tribal songs of the giants and drow.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Default You have chosen, poorly...

Not remembering that paladins need more charisma then wisdom, I allocated my stats in a manner that doesn't help my class. I conferred with zefjoe who laughed but said 'sure, you can fix that'. So, my new and improved stats for Plumbic are: Str 15; Dex 12; Con 13; Int 10 (heal and intim skills); Wis 11 and Cha 13. This should allow LOH to work and cast first level spells. Can't promise anything but I might be on Wayfinder on Saturday evening (7:00 EST). Any new players are welcome to join if they see me.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast