Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Agents of STORM

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    Sorry gang. Life called. Did anyone else miss Sunday? Can we consider Tuesday evening or should I just catch up?
    I could do Thursday with my cleric Sherokee.

Sorry gang. Life called. Did anyone else miss Sunday? Can we consider Tuesday evening or should I just catch up?
    I'd be happy to give you a hand with a getting caught up. I have a fighter that I am leveling side by side just for this situation.

Tues or Thurs works fro me. Let me know.

Default Island Adventures

I met my new friends in the only bar on this cold little island. We had spent the week resting up, getting to know the village and learning about the events going on here. Over the week we had discovered several strange happenings: a number of people were missing, including the Mayor’s daughter and a representative of House Jorasco. There was also a young lady who wanted us to find someone named Heyton, who had knowledge of the fish-folk who had attacked us earlier. For such a small and out of the way place, Korthos was teeming with opportunities.

Our meeting in the bar was filled with drinks and talk and more drinks. A bard, most likely dropped here like many of us by a dragon-damaged ship, joined us. She was fairly good with a lute – if you like those kinda things – and a healer of sorts. On this trip it was much needed.

We started with finding this guy Heyton. It was hoped he would have some information about the fish-people and give us clues about the other rumors we had heard. As it was, we found him in an old factory. After disabling some mechanical devices we met up with Heyton. All of a sudden we were attacked by the fish-people again. They were all up in arms about something and ready to skewer Heyton and us.
    Luckily, between our small group and Heyton’s body guard, we were able drive off the fish-folk. Hayden told us he was working on a plan to free the village from the dragon and would contact us when he was ready.

From there we moved on to finding the lair of some undead (ugh! – I hates me some undead). What we found was that guy Jacoby, now an undead creature creating zombies and such. We took care of him once and for all- I hope! - and found the Jorasco lady. We sent her back to the village.

More searching found another old factory where we found the missing villagers. They were being held by a cult of humans and fish-people. We freed them; including Arissa, the Mayor’s daughter, and sent them all back to Korthos.

After getting back to the village we were rewarded by the Mayor and the Jorasco family; enough to keep me in supplies and beer for a while at least. We rested and repaired out gear, then came word an strange man was seen outside the gate.
    When we ventured out it was Amalgam, Heyton’s man. He wears very strange armor and talks kinda stiff for me but he was good in a fight. He told us that Heyton was ready and to meet him at Misery’s Peak when we could.

Why do they name places like that – Misery’s Peak, Valley of Death, Sorrowdusk Island? Why not give places nice names like Grandfather’s Mountain, Grand Canyon, Hawaii - you know, places people would want to go. Anyway …..

We set off to Misery’s Peak and found Amalgam waiting for us. When we got inside there was Heyton and that Jeeks fellow and his friends from when I first washed ashore. Where have THEY been all this time?
    Anyway, we split into two groups, Jeeks and his friends were going after the dragon (!) and we were to distract everyone else and try to reach some crystal. There were a lot of people down inside this mountain; priests, archers, undead – all looking to skewer us before we could skewer them. Well, that wasn’t going to happen, although it was very close. StormSong used nearly all her healing on Plumbic – and me since I am stuck in these old robes and can’t wear proper armor.

I actually saw the dragon, up close, well no too close, but we were out of range and she was busy chasing the other group to worry about us. Then we found the crystal and saw what was really going on. Some creature was using the crystal to control the dragon. You could SEE the magic flow between them – it was a glorious site.

Plumbic and Evon were going on about how we should climb down and steal some of the dragon gold that was there, but we couldn’t find a way down. We could see the crystal though and it was glowing and humming and spinning like mad. When Plumbic smacked it, it rang like a broken bell and started to wobble. The rest of us started hitting it with whatever we had. With a clang and a crash it exploded into dust. Too bad to; I wanted a shard of that to study or use as bookends.

The guy down there with the dragon was really mad, and then he was dead. You could see his control over the dragon weaken then disappear. The ice dragon belched one breath at him and he shattered into mist. Without even looking at us or taking the dragon hoard the ice dragon flew away.

Jeeks showed up then and lead us back to Heyton. He thanked us and then opened a magical doorway that took us straight to the village.
    Man what a party! The snow had stopped by the time we got to the village and people were dancing in the street. Everyone was so happy to see their missing family and friends, happy that the snow and the dragon was gone, they forgot all about us. After checking in with the mayor and the Jorasco representative we talked with the harbor master. Ships were leaving for the city of Stormreach. Slipping out during the festivities wasn’t really my idea, I was all for all the free food and drink I could get, but the others decided to go on the next ship so I joined them.

We reached Stormreach without incident. It is a fairly big place, but all outside with water and open sky and buildings. And the people; halflings, elves, humans, dwarves, more of those “men” like Amalgam, even Drow. Drow! Scourge of the underworld they are where I come from, but folks here seem to treat them like regular folk, so who am I to say different. Truth to say no Drow ever did anything bad to me, personally, but they are not well liked in the Krulwein and surrounding areas. Dwarf and Elf alike will not have dealings with them.

After finding a bar near the harbor I asked around to where I might find some things I was missing on Korthos. A good heavy crossbow, when magic isn’t needed or my meager amount of power is near spent. Also, I needed to find a trainer, where I could put some of my recent earned knowledge to test and advance myself if possible. I was successful in learning some new spells and skills and found a good crossbow and bolts. When next we meet I will be ready......

Default ... and a Bad Ending

My friends met again, in the Wayward Lobster and decided to check out the harbor area some more. We heard about a guy named Dirk that gets drunk a lot and yammers on about a secret he has; something about brothers or princes or kobolds – I guess those are little orcs or goblins or such. I actually saw two of them in the harbor. Anyway, when anyone presses this Dirk fellow he passes out, or clams up. We thought we could see what this fellow was going on about.

We found Dirk near a sewer tunnel entrance. Seems he goes down there to sleep off his drink and maybe stumbled onto something. I don’t believe it is anything though, or those kobold things would just slit his throat while he was passed out.
    We ventured into the sewer and it was all of that and more. Sewer smells, slimy gray globs that stick to you and burn or bite. They actually move around and come after you and if you hit them wrong they spit in two, making the fight even worse. Ugh!

We found a lot of tunnels down there, some with storage crates and barrels. Now who and why would anyone store good stuff in a sewer? Maybe these kobold things live here under the city, like rats and goblins. We also found some kobolds and a lizard thing called a troglodyte that stank like mad and burned your eyes and was good at fighting. But he was not match for Plumbic and Evon. I stayed back and helped when I could. Those grey slimy things hurt when they hit you and I wasn’t feeling to well.

Stormsong was with us, doing a good job of healing our wounds until – oops – she got too far ahead and was ambushed. By the time we got there, she was out cold. Plumbic tossed her on his back and hauled her around. After that we were hard pressed and barely made clear on several fights. These kobolds are smart; they set traps, have shamans and wizards and toss fire like crazy.

We took care of the two brothers and were on our way back when we ran into another troglodyte. We were sneaking around a corner when someone said, “here he comes, be careful he’s a ……”. That is all I know. I saw a great spark of lightning like I had never seen before and BANG, I was out cold.

I awoke in a room at the back of the bar, my beard and hair nearly burned to a crisp and bandaged from head to feet. I learned that Plumbic and Evon were able to escape with us in tow and healing was available but costly. My nice robe, which I had found in Korthos, was gone to help pay for the healing and my pride was hurt since I should have been more careful.

But now I am back in the bar, having a beer, my hair growing out but still a bit singed. All but the last of the scars are healed; a few more ales will take the sting out even if it won’t speed the process. We learned some valuable lessons that trip. Don’t go so fast, don’t get ahead of the others, let the burglar go first, and listen to what the others have to say before you get singed, or worse.

Braxyn Krulwein t'Hal

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    I'd be happy to give you a hand with a getting caught up. I have a fighter that I am leveling side by side just for this situation.

Tues or Thurs works fro me. Let me know.
    Let's make it Thursday starting at 8pm. That way Drowsword can join in. And, of course, anyone else who missed/is keeping pace with backups.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Default Storytellers rock!

I am really enjoying the character backstories and introductions, as well as the tales of adventures in Korthos and Stormreach. Keep it up, please!

-Sam

Default Learning to walk...

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    Plumbic and Evon were going on about how we should climb down and steal some of the dragon gold that was there, but we couldn’t find a way down.
    Paladins don't 'steal', they liberate ill gotten gains. We also don't sneak. It would be useless in my heavy armor, I will Walk, upright and proud, err slightly behind our stealthy rogue; since the subtle signs of traps elude my eyes.

The lightning cast by one of those kobold shaman took me from full health to a sliver of life, the trog hit poor Brax for more then even I could have survived.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    Paladins don't 'steal', they liberate ill gotten gains. We also don't sneak. It would be useless in my heavy armor, I will Walk, upright and proud, err slightly behind our stealthy rogue; since the subtle signs of traps elude my eyes.

The lightning cast by one of those kobold shaman took me from full health to a sliver of life, the trog hit poor Brax for more then even I could have survived.
    If you insist on walking behind me could you *please* stop CLANKING?

Default Lurch Longarm, Paladin of the Silver Flame Reburial Service

=

Lurch Longarm, Paladin of the Silver Flame Reburial Service

As the Sojourn's small skiff grounded on Lighthouse Island, Lurch held his lightly stuffed haversack close to his broad chest with one large hand, gripped his flaming great axe in the other, and made the leap to shore with surprising agility for one who appeared advanced in his years. He was no where near as old as he looked, that having mostly to do with his snow white hair, and that coming mostly from having his wits frightened out of him by the dead rising from their graves after he had thought them safely put to rest by his strong back and shovel. Once a lowly gravedigger in the Thrane city of Sigilstar, he had been caught "borrowing" blessed wine from the Silver Flame Chapel, but not to drink. He had found that annointing his spade with the blessed wine made bashing the risen dead back into their graves an easier job. Once he had explained himself and his problem to the Knights, an investigation was begun, starting with the high priest of the Sovereign Host, who was overseer of the church and graveyard where Lurch labored to bury, and re-bury the local dead. Representatives of The Flame were astonished that his reports to the Host Priest of walking dead in his graveyard had not been passed on to them as promised. A midnight tour of the graveyard had made his point to the investigators, who utilized the tracking skills of a local Ranger to see where the dead were going. It was thus the problem was resolved in a sword, longbow (Silver Flame Paladins in Armor!), and shovel (Lurch in moldy diggers rags!) battle, against hordes of undead and their Necromancer Priest in Host Robes practicing evil in the catacombs beneath the Church cellars.

Afterward, Lurch had been invited to speak with the leadership of the local Silver Flame Chapel, and he soon found himself out of gravedigger's rags, and wearing the robes of an Acolyte of The Flame! The heady aroma of incense and oiled armor was much easier on the nose than the stench of gaveyard rot and decay, but learning the intracies of sword and shield, and accuracy with the longbow was quite intimidating. The Battlemasters often watched him with dismay, and while he became competent with required weapons to a degree, no one spoke an objection when he picked up a Greatsword and held it much as if it were a shovel. When he began to swing, he was an unpredictable, unstoppable ballet of mayhem to any who stood opposed. He carried the customary longsword on his left hip for a crossdraw, large shield over his left shoulder to slide down his arm and into his hand, with longbow and quiver of arrows over his right shoulder, and the Greatsword in hand or hooked on the right hip. If you include the dagger in his boot top used mostly for peeling apples, Lurch was a walking armory. With his weapons collection, he had little room for a backpack of the normal sort, making do with a bandoleer for potions, several pouches on his belt, and some storage in the bedroll of blankets at the small of his back, although the bedroll was not a place for items needed in a hurry!

Over time, he had come to appreciate the advantages of the favored weapon of the Knights of The Silver Flame, the longbow. The training and practice sessions required had started out as embarrassing demonstrations of incompetency, but he now looked forward to regulating his techniques of rapid shot, point blank shot, and hitting his marks the first time at greater and greater distances. While he knew he would never be as accomplished as some of the Rangers he had witnessed do astonishing feats with longbow and arrow, he knew he could contribute to keeping heads down at a distance with his skills. Were it not for petty regulations enforced by plump buffoons in Silver Flame positions of power, Lurch would leave all the weapons at home except a Greatsword and Longbow, although a dagger or knife for peeling apples was handy when you could find an apple to peel.

Now he was newly arrived in Stormreach, his original destination as ordered, but arriving much the poorer and less well equipped than planned by His Holy Plumpness of The Flame back in Thrane. That was thanks to the White Dragon sinking the ship bringing him here, along with all he owned except the worn undergarments he had slept in. All he saw of the Dragon was a massive talon piercing the hull of the ship above his head as he awakened in his bunk, leaving an ale keg sized hole. That talon piercing and hole allowing him to escape the fate of all the others on board. The ship went down so fast Lurch never saw it sink, as he was swimming to the icy surface as it went down. Throwing himself over a shattered section of mast that was barely afloat, with a torn section of sail pulled quickly overhead to hide him, he shivered his way to welcome unconsciousness. He had awakened on a sandy beach that was much too cold for the tropical vegitation that grew near-by. What had awakened him was a hand running through the folds of his robe, searching and patting. As he was rolled over, he had sat up and grabbed the hand, surprisingly small, and looked into the smiling face of a halfling with a bandoleer of throwing daggers across his chest.

A deal was reached, agreements made and kept, and new friends made in Korthos village, as Lurch worked to replace the lost items, and earn passage to Stormreach by getting rid of that terrorizing Dragon. His current armor was battleworn, although he did have a Great Axe that was magically touched with flame, and had a name. "Ember" was engraved on the broad head, and it did seem to burn those it struck, causing more damage than one would expect. It was a shame that "Ember" did not come in a Greatsword version. He had a battleworn small shield, and a magical Scimitar engraved with the images of salmon and hazelnuts, engraved with the name "Fintan's Bite". The first thing he would do in town would be to look up a weapons provider, there to acquire a longbow and arrows to feed it. The second thing would be to locate his new STORM friends at the closest tavern and see about finding more work, preferably re-burying undead. Lurch was not going to report to the local Silver Flame authorities until he was suitably equipped with weapons and armor similar to what he saw them wearing. He wanted to be seen at least as an equal, and not as some poor copperless begging gravedigger, who could not even take a ship across the ocean without inviting a disaster.

Getting his land legs under him and testing the balance of his shamefully light load, Lurch set off to ask directions. He just prayed his few coins would suffice to get him properly equipped for battle!

=
    Last edited by Fricko; 10-24-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Typo fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    =

... The second thing would be to locate his new STORM friends at the closest tavern and see about finding more work, preferably re-burying undead.

=
    Nice story. Hopefully I will make it this coming Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    I could do Thursday with my cleric Sherokee.
    Thursday at 8PM it is. One of these days I'll actually show up at the right time.

Default Sherokee T'hal - Cleric

The Path of the Sovereign

Sherokee T’hal looked around the comfortable little tavern and thought “If there was a place to get stranded, this is not too bad.” She had been in much worse places; slums filled with the poor and sick, plague-ridden villages, battle fields full with destruction. “Yes ,”she thought as she sipped her hot chocolate, “not a bad place to be stranded at all.”

Not that she enjoyed being dumped in frigid waters in the night and wakened by the incessant yammering of that Jeeks fellow. Regardless of what he said, she believed he was looting the goods of the fallen ships. It was odd with all the crates and barrels on the beach, how few of them had anything of much value.

The Sovereign had sent her on this journey to get her away from her family. A powerful merchant guild, the T’hal family had holdings all over the west. She had heard that her fathers and uncles were sending explorers on the Long East Way, but didn’t know if they were true. Since she started her apprenticeship for the Sovereign, news from home was sparse. She had not seen her family in over ten years.

As a child, Sherokee spent two years working on her third-uncle’s farm; supposedly a family member but in truth, another slave. The day she turned eight she was given a note and sent down the road to the temple. She had only her sleeping shirt. The note said, “Here is my Contribution to the Path. She is a T’hal, who I have suffered with for over two years. Do not bother me more with your requirements; this one fulfills my responsibility to you. She is your responsibility now.” It was signed by her third-uncle. This, of course, did not truly absolve her uncle of his duty to the Path, since the Contribution is supposed to be your own child, not someone else’s.

She went from small temple to small temple, learning what she could of the Sovereign, until she finally reached one that had a school for Contributions. At that school she dove into her studies. Here the priests made her feel welcome and wanted. She excelled at healing and learned of herbs and poultices, ailments and fevers. She volunteered to go to the worst places; anywhere she could go help those that needed her.

And now she was needed here, in Korthos.

She and her friends managed put an end to some fishlike creatures trying to raise an undead army and stopping the traitorous cult that was working with them. Sherokee had a feeling they had not seen the last of this cult, or the fish creatures.

The rumors she had heard around the village pointed to more cult involvement. The kidnapping of a number of people, including the Mayor’s daughter and the representative from some powerful House, told her the cult was getting more bold, or more desperate; neither a good situation for the small, unprotected village.

Some of her new friends agreed to meet and join forces. Perhaps they have other rumors or found some information that may point them in the proper direction. Until this situation is resolved, including driving off the ice dragon, Sherokee would not leave Korthos unprotected.

Default Mabar

=

....Once a lowly gravedigger in the Thrane city of Sigilstar, he had been caught "borrowing" blessed wine from the Silver Flame Chapel, but not to drink. He had found that annointing his spade with the blessed wine made bashing the risen dead back into their graves an easier job. ...

=
    Does Mabar remind Lurch of his old life?

Default Lagbar?

Does Mabar remind Lurch of his old life?
    You mean Lagbar? I must enter The Marketplace to conduct essential business with my multiple characters, and grimly endure the screenshot movement pace encountered there. I do NOT go places I know are eaten up with Turbine's famous Lag-monster, unless necessary. If the Guild goes there, Lurch will attempt it again, but frustration and anger issues have me voting against participating in Lagbar!

-Sam

Default Group 2 Status

We went through the entire Baudry Chain, Bringing in the Light, The Smuggler's Warehouse, and Dirk's Got a Secret in group two. All on elite. Nobody died but there were a couple of close calls. We got 3 of 18 chests but noone got Muckbane.

Sparrow learned a lot (is less than 6,000 XP from level 4).

Community Member

but there were a couple of close calls.
    Which were limited to a certain white-haired, hard-of-hearing, whiskey-swilling paladin we all know and love. And it went like this: "Lurch, get back! Zaaappppp! Lurch, get back! Zaaappppp!"

Quote Originally Posted by Magiker View Post
    "Lurch, get back! Zaaappppp! Lurch, get back! Zaaappppp!"
    It's funny because it's true

Shuvall has become Lurch's cleric hireling.

On the bright side.... Lurch is learning that when he smells scorched hair and feels that delightful electric tingle from a less than loving Shaman, he is already down by 2/3 of his hit points, and it is time to duck behind a corner, column, or handy wide-stance Dwarf!

Keep in mind, Lurch is no longer the top death dealer in quests, although that is mostly due to trying to figure out how to deal death from the rear while holding a great axe! By the time he gets out of sneak and up to to the battle, the battle is long over!

The poor paladin is perplexed, and pondering ponderously on the persnickety powers plainly not pleased with his performance!

-Sam *grins-n-sniggles into his bourbon*

On the bright side.... Lurch is learning that when he smells scorched hair and feels that delightful electric tingle from a less than loving Shaman, he is already down by 2/3 of his hit points, and it is time to duck behind a corner, column, or handy wide-stance Dwarf!

Keep in mind, Lurch is no longer the top death dealer in quests, although that is mostly due to trying to figure out how to deal death from the rear while holding a great axe! By the time he gets out of sneak and up to to the battle, the battle is long over!

The poor paladin is perplexed, and pondering ponderously on the persnickety powers plainly not pleased with his performance!

-Sam *grins-n-sniggles into his bourbon*
    Walk in the back. Don't sneak. When the monsters wander up to see what that noise is, they will see you and head for you. Just stand there and wait for them to get close enough for the axe to swing. If that's not good enough, get out of sneak mode as soon as the monsters start getting close and run up to bash 'em.

Based on my recent reading of the rogue survival guide, I'll be adjusting my play style and hanging out closer to you in hopes you draw aggro so I can backstab.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Default New Members

We had a new member join last Sunday. He said he was much more comfortable as a tank build and probably would forget to heal as much as he should. He had made a cleric because he thought that was a needed party role.

If you are thinking of joining please make a character that you are comfortable playing not a character that is just meant to fill a party role.
    You will have more fun.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast