Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Manyshot + Fury, the very best there is, when you absolutely positively got to kill every !@#$%^&*@!er in the room... except no substitute.
    Deedeeo- 18th life Completionist (12monk/6Ranger/2Artificer) ~ Sonos- 3rd life Artificer (sorc, bard PLs) ~ Tronsector- 3rd Life Wizard
    Flavored Soul- 2nd life Sorc(FVS PL). (and umpteen bank toons and experiments) Member of Synergia(lvl100)-Argonessen

Exactly.. and to think that rangers were absolutely loathed and ranged characters were mocked mercilessly.. for good reason to be sure, but they seemed to have hit it exactly what was predicted back then, that once its fixed up some (and THEN some!) that just about everyone will do it, arcane casters aside.

Surprise!
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

manyshot is nice blitzing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eistander View Post
    Exactly.. and to think that rangers were absolutely loathed and ranged characters were mocked mercilessly.. for good reason to be sure, but they seemed to have hit it exactly what was predicted back then, that once its fixed up some (and THEN some!) that just about everyone will do it, arcane casters aside.

Surprise!
    I remember being a ranger and hitting an lfm for a raid, then getting asked if I was an AA, no im playing tempest, I got accepted, then when I used my manyshot I got chewed out for lying about being tempest.......***???!!! lol.

rangers even back then had no *good* reason to be loathed, AA rangers still had, and do have the 2wf fighting feats, and tempests still had, manyshot and 2wf feats, I think people did breakdowns and the dps numbers between the two was very small. They stil had access to meta magic feats and blue bar healing which could lead to a very good self sufficient toon with good dps, and great burst dps. But people would give them flack cause some people built and played horrible rangers, and cause they where not max dps ape barbs that needed a life support system.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-13-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Manyshot is the highest burst DPS option you really get.

Sure, it's feat heavy, but is it worth it?

Yes. Yes it is.
    Yup. Now hjeal meh!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Yup. Now hjeal meh!
    Stop being gimp, twist cocoon or use a scroll, sf pot fffs!!!

what the hell? Noob!!! Troll race regenerates!!! whats the point in playing troll if you need others to jheal you?

Reroll mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Stop being gimp, twist cocoon or use a scroll, sf pot fffs!!!

what the hell? Noob!!! Troll race regenerates!!! whats the point in playing troll if you need others to jheal you?

Reroll mate!!!
    Nah, I'll re-TROLL instead.

Nah, I'll re-TROLL instead.
    I think you will get a strike if you go over the same area, but at a reduced speed and use the down rigger, preferably with a rigged up live bait at really low speed.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Natural Hazard - Meleeing 90% of the time than smacking manyshot than going back to melee is NOT "ranged combat" its a melee exploiting a feat that shouldn't work that way.

Also rangers are wrong they should have to choose their combat style and frankly manyshots OPness is stifling all other ranged combat especially since melees have such easy access to it. That and Rangers are a Divine/Martial Hybrid class they have no business having access to ARCANE archer. They should get another Ranger prestige and make AA solely an elven Elven racial prestige...I mean there's no point in them having TWO ranged prestiges....one melee...one ranged and one "unique" aka "utility" prestige.

As for the people saying ranged is OP because they can dodge attack...go ahead and play an actual ranged person or i dunno MOVE on your melee its about equally as easy to dodge attacks.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-13-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Natural Hazard - Meleeing 90% of the time than smacking manyshot than going back to melee is NOT "ranged combat" its a melee exploiting a feat that shouldn't work that way.

How can it be an exploit when its wai?

what about whacking manyshot, then going melee for 20% of the time then whacking out 10k stars? Is that another *exploit*? lol

oh yeah you can dodge attacks while your meleeing but you cant dodge *and* do damage at the same time.

I know in other games based off D&D rangers are suppose to choose the 2wf line or ranged line, but if you choose the say 2wf line but qualify and also take the ranged feats, even splash fighter to get enough feats to do that, and use both...........are you exploiting? Same thing if you just go fighter/monk and get enough feats to have a very good viable melee combate stlye and ranged combate stlye? Is that exploiting?
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-14-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Trying to determine if fail is serious
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

Yup. Now hjeal meh!
    Busy using my paladin.

Did Tear of Dharkaan, only had the second least amount of kills!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

How can it be an exploit when its wai?
    I didn't say Manyshot was an exploit..I said Melees using a purely ranged ability to increase their overall DPS is exploiting easy access to that ability and it holding back ACTUAL ranged combat...I was making the point that is not a "ranged character"

Either change the feat to be mnore of an over time thing or required a Bow to be equipped for 30 seonds or something that makes it so you cant quickl swap to it (the repeater+bow manyshot builda are ridiculous as well)

what about whacking manyshot, then going melee for 20% of the time then whacking out 10k stars? Is that another *exploit*? lol
    Well again I never said "exploit" (see above) but what your talking about there is actually only needed because despite being a Ki weapon Bows don't generate Ki the switching to melee is a workaround for that bug to crank up some more Ki, once the bug is fixed the above will no longer be necessary.

oh yeah you can dodge attacks while your meleeing but you cant dodge *and* do damage at the same time.
    Actually yeah you can I do it all the time on my battle wiz making heavy use of the right mouse button for temp mouse look the W+D key..jump and having as much movement increasing abilities as possible (a mouse with extra buttons is an asset but it still works with my crappy mouse I use on my laptop) I can run circles around enemies (amount of enemies is irrelevant) without losing any melee or magic damage against them...it just takes skill and the ability to read the enemies.

I know in other games based off D&D rangers are suppose to choose the 2wf line or ranged line, but if you choose the say 2wf line but qualify and also take the ranged feats, even splash fighter to get enough feats to do that, and use both...........are you exploiting? Same thing if you just go fighter/monk and get enough feats to have a very good viable melee combate stlye and ranged combate stlye? Is that exploiting?
    Again I dind't say it was "An Exploit" I said melees "exploiting" the fact its easy too access does not make them "a ranged character" and thus should not be considered when determining whether or not ranged combat is overpower...also I could care less what other games are doing I was refering to the 3.5e PnP Ranger where DDO ranger is made from.

Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    Trying to determine if fail is serious
    To clarify I wasn't actually suggesting Ranger lose AA or have to choose between TWF & Ranged combat lines I was just trying to make a point that Melee 90% of the time + Manyshot does not = Ranged character and it ****es me off when ever its broguht up in threads about improving ranged combat as a counter argumenet as its irrelvant and usually derials said threads.

What I am serious about is melees should not have such easy access to one of the strongest ranged feats in the game...there needs to be something thats makes it more exclusive to actual ranged combatants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Well again I never said "exploit" (see above) but what your talking about there is actually only needed because despite being a Ki weapon Bows don't generate Ki the switching to melee is a workaround for that bug to crank up some more Ki, once the bug is fixed the above will no longer be necessary.

Get passive ki regen .

AA rangers/monkarchrs shouldn't be able melee they're should PURELY RANGE.

Isn't 10k stars not supposed to be able to be taken w/ manyshot?
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

Get passive ki regen .

AA rangers shouldn't be able melee they're should PURELY RANGE.

Isn't 10k stars not supposed to be able to be taken w/ manyshot?
    Passive ki regen is useless.

Don't act ridiculous. By spending points in the AA tree they're locked out of melee? Meaning an elven fighter has both melee and ranged, but not a ranger?
    What the heck are you trying to get at?

Of course you can take it with manyshot. They just can't be active at the same time.

Passive ki regen is useless.

Don't act ridiculous. By spending points in the AA tree they're locked out of melee? Meaning an elven fighter has both melee and ranged, but not a ranger?
    What the heck are you trying to get at?

Of course you can take it with manyshot. They just can't be active at the same time.
    I'm using the same logic as faillegend. And wait long enough for when it's WAI and you won't need to melee for 10k stars
    Last edited by Teen; 10-14-2013 at 01:45 AM.
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

As for the people saying ranged is OP because they can dodge attack...go ahead and play an actual ranged person or i dunno MOVE on your melee its about equally as easy to dodge attacks.
    Please tell me how this works when there's more than one monster ;

please walk into ee tor for example and record yourself dodging and attacking at full damage at the same time.
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

I'm using the same logic as faillegend.
    His issue is things like this and this. Melees taking manyshot because it's incredibly powerful, than people judging ranged combat off that. (Also the fact that a solid THF gaining manyshot is kinda overpowered..)

His issue is things like this and this. Melees taking manyshot because it's incredibly powerful, than people judging ranged combat off that. (Also the fact that a solid THF gaining manyshot is kinda overpowered..)
    I have a two weapon fighting toon(8ftr/6monk/6ranger) and there's no reason in hell I wouldn't take manyshot because at this state in the game TWF < THF < Ranged. Ranged damage is so op it's sickening, look at the damage being put up by sub par characters compared to fully geared melees who can barely even get that high in thf.

You don't even need a good toon to throw up ridiculously high ranged numbers compared to melees, so why wouldn't I take manyshot? I'm expected to suffer from lower dps because I don't want to full time range?

I can solo quests a lot easier on my ranger than on my way better geared melee and that's just a fact.
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

I didn't say Manyshot was an exploit..I said Melees using a purely ranged ability to increase their overall DPS is exploiting easy access to that ability and it holding back ACTUAL ranged combat...I was making the point that is not a "ranged character"

Either change the feat to be mnore of an over time thing or required a Bow to be equipped for 30 seonds or something that makes it so you cant quickl swap to it (the repeater+bow manyshot builda are ridiculous as well)

Actually yeah you can I do it all the time on my battle wiz making heavy use of the right mouse button for temp mouse look the W+D key..jump and having as much movement increasing abilities as possible (a mouse with extra buttons is an asset but it still works with my crappy mouse I use on my laptop) I can run circles around enemies (amount of enemies is irrelevant) without losing any melee or magic damage against them...it just takes skill and the ability to read the enemies.

Again I dind't say it was "An Exploit" I said melees "exploiting" the fact its easy too access does not make them "a ranged character" and thus should not be considered when determining whether or not ranged combat is overpower...also I could care less what other games are doing I was refering to the 3.5e PnP Ranger where DDO ranger is made from.

To clarify I wasn't actually suggesting Ranger lose AA or have to choose between TWF & Ranged combat lines I was just trying to make a point that Melee 90% of the time + Manyshot does not = Ranged character and it ****es me off when ever its broguht up in threads about improving ranged combat as a counter argumenet as its irrelvant and usually derials said threads.

What I am serious about is melees should not have such easy access to one of the strongest ranged feats in the game...there needs to be something thats makes it more exclusive to actual ranged combatants.
    Lol so whats to stop *ranged* characters or builds having access to some of the most powerful melee abilities in the game?

Oh wait you want characters who are ranged to have that bow/repeater soldered to their hand? Or *melee's* to not be able to pick up a ranged weapon and do some good damage with it?

hope they make cleave/great cleave, power attack, whatever extremely hard for *ranged* characters to have..........

lol.

you keep saying exploit, but I see no exploits, sorry mate those people who take manyshot and melee they are not *exploiting* at all. Damn so characters are suppose to be either *ranged* or melee if they use one of the other then they are *exploiting* and breaking some divine *law* or whatever. rotfl.

I think teh troll said take some feats and have get a *ranged* option. Sorry if that ranged option is stronger than brutal throw and that it gets your panties in a twist lol, maybe removing that stake shoved so far.................... might help some.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-14-2013 at 02:13 AM.

I have a two weapon fighting toon(8ftr/6monk/6ranger) and there's no reason in hell I wouldn't take manyshot
    Aside from... the fact you get manyshot from 6 ranger.
    That's a good enough reason. :3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast