Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Most traps in the game can be avoided WITH PRACTICE. It may take a while, but you can learn the various ways to jump over and or around most of the traps.

Traps are fine in this game, yet I do wish that they were more difficult in some quests.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

I think we've gone a bit off-topic. In response to the OP, I agree that there are certain quests where I wouldn't mind seeing the traps nerfed a bit. Elite Monastery of the Scorpion, for example. The reflex save to avoid those traps is stupidly high (I've failed the save on a pure dex-based rogue without rolling a 1), and the damage is insane. Also, poison traps just need to be retooled entirely. Getting one-shotted by a poison trap in Redfang is just ridiculous. I don't mind that they do damage now; it's the amount of damage that makes me question the wisdom of it. Also, the fact that warforged are immune to the damage from said traps because they're immune to poison is a little unfair, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Aishana; 10-13-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taujack2 View Post
    I can't enter raid areas because my Reflex save is not 30 or higher.
    I can't Survive lvl 7 quests because i don't have evasion
    I can't navigate the Pit Elite without having to ressurrect 10 or 20 times without improved Evasion.
    Why are lvl 7 dungeon traps hitting for 70 to 200 dmg a hit?
    Please Scale these automatic traps down what they were in update 5, Or am I forced to take 2000 dmg cause The Epic trap has a REF save of 50 ...
    Not every player has uncanny Awareness enhancements on their normal characters!.
    It's not like you can "AVOID" those automatic damage areas, or disable them (without the evasion)
    Please tell me this is not for real?

Traps are meant to be a pain, but I can guarantee that my characters do not have evasion, I play a LOT of clerics, I can survive in the PIT on elite at level.

I can also survive most traps on other quests also. You just prep correctly. There are protection potions available to be purchased for PLAT. Resistance potions can be bought with platinum. With HOUSE P favor you can BUY 30 minute resists.

I am in my own guild, and I don't have ANY guild ship buffs whatsoever.

There are a lot of holes in what the problem is, and I cannot agree with this.

not signed by me.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Aishana View Post
    I think we've gone a bit off-topic. In response to the OP, I agree that there are certain quests where I wouldn't mind seeing the traps nerfed a bit. Elite Monastery of the Scorpion, for example. The reflex save to avoid those traps is stupidly high (I've failed the save on a pure dex-based rogue without rolling a 1), and the damage is insane. Also, poison traps just need to be retooled entirely. Getting one-shotted by a poison trap in Redfang is just ridiculous. I don't mind that they do damage now; it's the amount of damage that makes me question the wisdom of it. Also, the fact that warforged are immune to the damage from said traps because they're immune to poison is a little unfair, but that's just my opinion.
    take away their poison immunity and all they have left is underwater breathing. they are more fleshy than WF now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    take away their poison immunity and all they have left is underwater breathing. they are more fleshy than WF now.
    Right, because they aren't already immune to practically everything else. All I'm saying is that they should have to make a save just like everyone else. They can even keep their +10 bonus and not automatically failing on a roll of 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Aishana View Post
    Right, because they aren't already immune to practically everything else. All I'm saying is that they should have to make a save just like everyone else. They can even keep their +10 bonus and not automatically failing on a roll of 1.
    they are immune to natural but have +10 to magical. this makes them almost immune to magical but it depends on your DC and fortitude, so they could actually still fail magical poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    going to address just this bit here because, this it the only part that you have identified which quest/traps are giving you trouble.

the majority of the traps in the Pit are sonic traps (bring a sonic resistance Item might help) really these traps are completely avoidable you just need to use timing.

I am not sure which generation of gamer you are from but, in my generation we played Super Mario Bros. The first time we encountered a pipe with a piranha plant that rises up and kills Mario we may have died. After the first time getting eaten by the plant in the pipe we learned to time our jump over this pipe. The piranha plant may have got us a few more times until we learned how to time it right.

we did not write letters to NES asking them to remove the plant in the pipe.

I suggest you practice avoiding traps and ask advice on how to avoid them rather than complaining about something that every other player before you has learned to deal with.
    You are mistaken, there are no sonic traps in the Pit.
    Technically there is only 1 "trap" in the pit and that is the trap on the chest in the main breaker room behind the secret door that the trog shaman comes out of. nd that trap is random wether it spawns or not.

The other nontrap traps that are in the pit are
    Acid from the pipe going to the first room
    Air jets that blow you off the pipes in furnace 1
    Vertical acid jets on the pipes in furnace 1
    *** FORCE *** blasts that come from the 2 large center pillars
    Air jets on pipes in furnace 2
    Vertical acid jets in furnace 2
    Electrical in main breaker room from the pillars with the breakers
    Air jets and vertical acid from pipes in furnace 3

Probably 1 or 2 more non traps but I'm going from memory

traps that have no way to be disabled should not be doing obscene amount of damage imo...

that electric floor in Spies in the House is a prime example

but for the traps that can be disabled and doesn't require the rogue to stand in the traps to disable, yes, they should be dangerous so ppl can't just ignore it
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    As a person who runs toons that are often called upon to trap, I want to see more prejudicially deadly traps in the game of the following design:

• The trap should be easily spottable.
    • The trap panel should be in a safe location before the trap.
    • The trap should not be evadable, bypassable, wings or propulsion boots should not allow anyone to jump over the trap.
    • The trap should do extra damage to monks, breaking all their gear as well as killing them.
    • The trap panel should require a minimum of 3 rogue/artificer levels and automatically blow up in the face of oanyone with even one Ranger level, killing him dead, not only rendering the mission a failure, or really amazing optional unreachable, but also causing permanent damage to his gear.
    /signed

U had me at "extra damage to monks"

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    /signed

U had me at "extra damage to monks"
    Won't bother me. Arti splash lets me disable any trap turbine throws at me. Even on my monks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123