Thread: Lost Lv1 player

Community Member

Default Lost Lv1 player

I just created my first character and entered the game on an airship of some kind. I was given the option to roll on a weekly chest, which I did and received 8000xp. I then go and talk to the NPC as per the quest and she states there is a problem I need to contact support or she can send me to the marketplace. I select the marketplace and have ended up as a Lv1 in stormreach wandering around in rags with no idea where to go or what to do.

Is there a way to travel to the beginning area, I only have one quest to talk to the NPC on the airship which I cant complete so I am at a loss at what to do.

Be grateful for any help provided

Entered on an airship... did you use veteran or veteran II? If so, accepting xp before leveling to 4 or 7 respectively will cause an issue.

If that's not the case, then go to the south end of the marketplace, you'll find a bunch of class trainers. Near them is a gate that will take you to the harbour. Click on the gate, go to the harbour, go south to the lighthouse, talk to the NPC's there, one will take your to Korthos - the starting area.

Of course, weird bug that I've never seen before ftw.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Billions View Post
    I just created my first character and entered the game on an airship of some kind. I was given the option to roll on a weekly chest, which I did and received 8000xp. I then go and talk to the NPC as per the quest and she states there is a problem I need to contact support or she can send me to the marketplace. I select the marketplace and have ended up as a Lv1 in stormreach wandering around in rags with no idea where to go or what to do.

Is there a way to travel to the beginning area, I only have one quest to talk to the NPC on the airship which I cant complete so I am at a loss at what to do.

Be grateful for any help provided
    Hello and welcome! I thiink you may have found a bug your first day out! Did you use the XP item?

A quick test - rolll another charactor and wait to do the daily roll until after you get off the ship - the ship should take you to the welcome area (Korthos Island). My best guess is shtat the roll messed things up. Korthos Island is set up to help you get your feet wet-

You should be allowed to go to Korthos Islland. If you are in the maket - you should be able to work your way back to the Harbor - down by the docks in the harbor - you shoudl find an NPC that will take you Korthos Island. My guess is the XP too soon messed up the intro story line...

Good luck!

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

Thanks, I have made my way back to the starting area. Impressed that I managed to screw up so quickly within my first 5 minutes of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Billions View Post
    Thanks, I have made my way back to the starting area. Impressed that I managed to screw up so quickly within my first 5 minutes of the game
    These daily dice rolls are new(ish), combined with the fact we don't get many new players.. little things like this aren't noticed.

Just outta curiosity, what server did you pick?

If you decided to play on Cannith server then look me and I will set you up with a few bits and bobs as a welcome present plus I can show you round the various areas and whatnot so you don't get completely lost

Stoner81.