Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1. #1
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default DEVs: Please update Dragontouched and its chain.

    I know it seems like constant complaining, but this really is constructive criticism.

    The Dragontouched armours are a real grind, made worse by the fact that people rarely run the chain any more because the quests can be a little annoying (too many puzzles, maybe? or painful end fights?).

    But people might still face the grind if the Dragontouched armours were still relevant. This is level 16 armour we're supposed to grind for, even though the quest is more for level 18-19.

    Really, it was probably great twink gear for a TR at one time. However, now, it's not really any better than random gen ML:16 stuff; not enough. And it can't compete with the ML:14 Dragonscale armours from Tor.


    You need to tweak the numbers a little, throw in an augment slot or two, and spice up the Runes... in addition to adjusting the quest XP and the end fights with the Ellies and the Drider.

    When anyone asks for help with this chain, the common response is "ugh." Please change that.

  2. #2
    Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Manical laughter!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I know it seems like constant complaining, but this really is constructive criticism.

    The Dragontouched armours are a real grind, made worse by the fact that people rarely run the chain any more because the quests can be a little annoying (too many puzzles, maybe? or painful end fights?).

    But people might still face the grind if the Dragontouched armours were still relevant. This is level 16 armour we're supposed to grind for, even though the quest is more for level 18-19.

    Really, it was probably great twink gear for a TR at one time. However, now, it's not really any better than random gen ML:16 stuff; not enough. And it can't compete with the ML:14 Dragonscale armours from Tor.


    You need to tweak the numbers a little, throw in an augment slot or two, and spice up the Runes... in addition to adjusting the quest XP and the end fights with the Ellies and the Drider.

    When anyone asks for help with this chain, the common response is "ugh." Please change that.
    So true!

    I ran some of the quests the other day. I did get 43 Draconc Rune Stones, 6 Kyper Dragonshard Esscensrs, etc. The next day I was excited to Wiki and see what I could make. There is nothing for me to make even if I had all the materials in all 3 catogories that struck my fancy. Even my Newbness has seen lots of better armors. Seems like allot of effort for meh.

    I do like the quests. It's a shame that it appears to be a solo exp.

  3. #3
    Community Member justfortheforums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    The Dragontouched armours are a real grind, made worse by the fact that people rarely run the chain any more because the quests can be a little annoying (too many puzzles, maybe? or painful end fights?).
    I disagree on this count only, I too think they should beef up the dragontouced armor and take a look at the runes to accomidate for the power creep but I disagree with the quests being the problem we need more quest like these in the game with puzzles and challenges in them instead of this new wave of content we have today where turbines idea of challenging content is lets throw 30 mobs at once and see if you can survive and the only thing more challenging is elite, which is 100 mobs
    Towahn, Tassill, Taylene, Takarra, Teroh, Trevil, and Malket
    On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

  4. #4
    Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    2,624

    Default --------e

    Quote Originally Posted by justfortheforums View Post
    I disagree on this count only, I too think they should beef up the dragontouced armor and take a look at the runes to accomidate for the power creep but I disagree with the quests being the problem we need more quest like these in the game with puzzles and challenges in them instead of this new wave of content we have today where turbines idea of challenging content is lets throw 30 mobs at once and see if you can survive and the only thing more challenging is elite, which is 100 mobs
    0 Yeah! I like these quests, but more thinking and less mobs --------E

    I did not like some of the mob after mob, and then more mobs, and yet another mob approach of some of the Wheloon content.

    This was my first pitch fork post. Not sure why really, but I do feel like the trident guy in the movie Anchorman. At least add a few mobs that can be killed by some cool trick in the quest. Folks might like that. I'm not into ridculously I will really give you what you want over the top puzzle either.

    Of course I wil recant all this the next time I have a meltdown in The Pit : ) )

    Improving the loot could get more folks to run these quests and I would rather pug than solo.
    Last edited by Livmo; 10-11-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: none really, just lest mispell 4 u

  5. #5
    Community Member decease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    /signed

    most of the old content need update.. most of the old named rare loot now are worst then normal generate loot.. certain weapon has not get their 1.5w to damage.. like bow of sniew and fang of sibery(can't remember the name =P)
    DDO have betray it's lineage, it is no longer any true to DND.. which Is why am gone.. for good..

  6. #6
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    But people might still face the grind if the Dragontouched armours were still relevant.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I found it worthwhile for my completionist to prepare a heavy armor one with +10% and +20% heal amplification along with Destruction for future lives. I even went so far as to begin making an outfit of essentially the same thing. I find them to be very relevant for their intended level range. Don't expect them to suddenly begin competing with Epic content unless Turbine decides to make the entire pack Epic.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  7. #7
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Best heal amp source in the game at those levels so depending on build it's still some of the best armor to have. Some runes could be better however and maybe add some more prr onto them.

    The quests aren't the problem though other than maybe the annoying flagging mechanic, make it once and done to flag turbine.

  8. #8
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    I think the quests and the xp they give is right but indeed dragontouched armor shows it's age.

    To be relevant it needs to have it's min level dropped to 12 like greensteel weapons. But beyond relevancy, the sovereign runes are totally outdated with duplicate effects and bugged effects (smiting for instance).

  9. #9
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Best heal amp source in the game at those levels so depending on build it's still some of the best armor to have. Some runes could be better however and maybe add some more prr onto them.

    The quests aren't the problem though other than maybe the annoying flagging mechanic, make it once and done to flag turbine.
    I could make an Aspect of Positive Energy item with Healing Lore, Greater Healing Lore, and Major Healing Lore that would give me a Rez clickie. Then I could wear it with my blue dragonscale/plate/hide/robes and have better Dex, AC and spell boosts. All of which I can start wearing at lower levels...

    Healing amps are available on other items, and in some racial enhancement trees.

    Just saying... it's not that impressive. It may be good for the healing amp, but not as armour.

    I won't even be putting the Docent on my dog this life.

  10. #10
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I could make an Aspect of Positive Energy item with Healing Lore, Greater Healing Lore, and Major Healing Lore that would give me a Rez clickie. Then I could wear it with my blue dragonscale/plate/hide/robes and have better Dex, AC and spell boosts. All of which I can start wearing at lower levels...

    Healing amps are available on other items, and in some racial enhancement trees.

    Just saying... it's not that impressive. It may be good for the healing amp, but not as armour.

    I won't even be putting the Docent on my dog this life.
    Yeah you can make a gs heal amp stick but that nerfs dps. You also seem to be talking caster builds, I'm not. If you don't want to nerf your dps this armor is the best way to get heal amp at those levels. Having over 200% amp on a monk for example at those levels is very very nice.

  11. #11
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Yeah you can make a gs heal amp stick but that nerfs dps. You also seem to be talking caster builds, I'm not. If you don't want to nerf your dps this armor is the best way to get heal amp at those levels. Having over 200% amp on a monk for example at those levels is very very nice.
    A GS heal amp stick nerfs dps? How so?

  12. #12
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    A GS heal amp stick nerfs dps? How so?
    Well to get the same effect as you would from the armor ie always on for things like fists of light or healing ki in the previously given monk example you'd have to have it always in your hand. If you are a monk that means not using wraps which is lower dps usually. Even with a non-monk to have the always on benefit for it you'd have to have the gs stick in your hands at all time meaning you aren't using a real dps weapon. Now as a stick to swap to for scroll heals yeah healing amp sticks are great but armor provides always on.

  13. #13
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Well to get the same effect as you would from the armor ie always on for things like fists of light or healing ki in the previously given monk example you'd have to have it always in your hand. If you are a monk that means not using wraps which is lower dps usually. Even with a non-monk to have the always on benefit for it you'd have to have the gs stick in your hands at all time meaning you aren't using a real dps weapon. Now as a stick to swap to for scroll heals yeah healing amp sticks are great but armor provides always on.
    Oh, for fists of light. I'll admit, I don't really bother with that. Too lazy.

    I've found 120 from wands (450 from scrolls) to be enough to cover all hjealz I need, freeing up ki for stunning! (Love stunning. Hate no enhanced ki. Damn low ki. Damn heroics.)

  14. #14
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Oh, for fists of light. I'll admit, I don't really bother with that. Too lazy.

    I've found 120 from wands (450 from scrolls) to be enough to cover all hjealz I need, freeing up ki for stunning! (Love stunning. Hate no enhanced ki. Damn low ki. Damn heroics.)
    try water for heroic questing, at the dragontouched level you'll have some ki stuff there and a better sf dc. I love stunning too and normally don't have any ki issues past low level where everything is dead pretty fast regardless.

  15. #15
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    try water for heroic questing, at the dragontouched level you'll have some ki stuff there and a better sf dc. I love stunning too and normally don't have any ki issues past low level where everything is dead pretty fast regardless.
    I've found things just die too fast with no mercy+deadly items. Water stance would provide 100 ki over a 6 minute quest (fair estimate). 100/15=6.66. Or, 6 extra stuns over the length of a quest.

    Not sure whether that helps more than the e-peen bonus of master of earth stance. (And my stunning is fine for everything except Wheloon chain. Seriously, what the heck. I took 53 DC stun in with imp sunder and was failing - often.)
    Last edited by Soulfurnace; 10-12-2013 at 01:35 AM.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Dragontouched? Reavers Refuge armor? Yes. That stuff is now pointless.

    Change that armor into "blank armor with many extra gem slots". Convert those runes into augment gems. Some regular, some unique.

    Gems. The key should be gems. I need only one armor (ok, maybe one extra for special situations). But gems are a different case. I have lots of alts.

  17. #17
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Well to get the same effect as you would from the armor ie always on for things like fists of light or healing ki in the previously given monk example you'd have to have it always in your hand. If you are a monk that means not using wraps which is lower dps usually. Even with a non-monk to have the always on benefit for it you'd have to have the gs stick in your hands at all time meaning you aren't using a real dps weapon. Now as a stick to swap to for scroll heals yeah healing amp sticks are great but armor provides always on.
    I said item, not weapon. I used a crafting tool (cubicleninja), to make a necklace as proof of concept before I replied.

  18. #18
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I said item, not weapon. I used a crafting tool (cubicleninja), to make a necklace as proof of concept before I replied.
    Ok I assumed you had miss typed because that is a completely different item than what I'm talking about since hamp is weapon only on gs.
    Last edited by Charononus; 10-12-2013 at 07:36 AM. Reason: edited for clarity

  19. #19
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Ok I assumed you had miss typed because that is a completely different item than what I'm talking about since hamp is weapon only.
    My greater convalesant bracers of sup parrying disagree! (They were on my level 7 wizard, who I was about to delete.. glad I checked if he had anything of interest)

  20. #20
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    My greater convalesant bracers of sup parrying disagree! (They were on my level 7 wizard, who I was about to delete.. glad I checked if he had anything of interest)
    ummm are you saying you found greater conv bracers or really any conv bracers random gen, I know about levik's, sub 20 ml?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload