Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Default DEVs: Please update Dragontouched and its chain.

I know it seems like constant complaining, but this really is constructive criticism.

The Dragontouched armours are a real grind, made worse by the fact that people rarely run the chain any more because the quests can be a little annoying (too many puzzles, maybe? or painful end fights?).

But people might still face the grind if the Dragontouched armours were still relevant. This is level 16 armour we're supposed to grind for, even though the quest is more for level 18-19.

Really, it was probably great twink gear for a TR at one time. However, now, it's not really any better than random gen ML:16 stuff; not enough. And it can't compete with the ML:14 Dragonscale armours from Tor.

You need to tweak the numbers a little, throw in an augment slot or two, and spice up the Runes... in addition to adjusting the quest XP and the end fights with the Ellies and the Drider.

When anyone asks for help with this chain, the common response is "ugh." Please change that.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Manical laughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I know it seems like constant complaining, but this really is constructive criticism.

The Dragontouched armours are a real grind, made worse by the fact that people rarely run the chain any more because the quests can be a little annoying (too many puzzles, maybe? or painful end fights?).

But people might still face the grind if the Dragontouched armours were still relevant. This is level 16 armour we're supposed to grind for, even though the quest is more for level 18-19.

Really, it was probably great twink gear for a TR at one time. However, now, it's not really any better than random gen ML:16 stuff; not enough. And it can't compete with the ML:14 Dragonscale armours from Tor.

You need to tweak the numbers a little, throw in an augment slot or two, and spice up the Runes... in addition to adjusting the quest XP and the end fights with the Ellies and the Drider.

When anyone asks for help with this chain, the common response is "ugh." Please change that.
    So true!

I ran some of the quests the other day. I did get 43 Draconc Rune Stones, 6 Kyper Dragonshard Esscensrs, etc. The next day I was excited to Wiki and see what I could make. There is nothing for me to make even if I had all the materials in all 3 catogories that struck my fancy. Even my Newbness has seen lots of better armors. Seems like allot of effort for meh.

I do like the quests. It's a shame that it appears to be a solo exp.

Community Member justfortheforums's Avatar

I disagree on this count only, I too think they should beef up the dragontouced armor and take a look at the runes to accomidate for the power creep but I disagree with the quests being the problem we need more quest like these in the game with puzzles and challenges in them instead of this new wave of content we have today where turbines idea of challenging content is lets throw 30 mobs at once and see if you can survive and the only thing more challenging is elite, which is 100 mobs
    Towahn, Tassill, Taylene, Takarra, Teroh, Trevil, and Malket
    On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default --------e

Quote Originally Posted by justfortheforums View Post
    I disagree on this count only, I too think they should beef up the dragontouced armor and take a look at the runes to accomidate for the power creep but I disagree with the quests being the problem we need more quest like these in the game with puzzles and challenges in them instead of this new wave of content we have today where turbines idea of challenging content is lets throw 30 mobs at once and see if you can survive and the only thing more challenging is elite, which is 100 mobs
    0 Yeah! I like these quests, but more thinking and less mobs --------E

I did not like some of the mob after mob, and then more mobs, and yet another mob approach of some of the Wheloon content.

This was my first pitch fork post. Not sure why really, but I do feel like the trident guy in the movie Anchorman. At least add a few mobs that can be killed by some cool trick in the quest. Folks might like that. I'm not into ridculously I will really give you what you want over the top puzzle either.

Of course I wil recant all this the next time I have a meltdown in The Pit : ) )

Improving the loot could get more folks to run these quests and I would rather pug than solo.
    Last edited by Livmo; 10-11-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: none really, just lest mispell 4 u

/signed

most of the old content need update.. most of the old named rare loot now are worst then normal generate loot.. certain weapon has not get their 1.5w to damage.. like bow of sniew and fang of sibery(can't remember the name =P)
    I hate how thing were mistranslated in this game.. but this is also the only one...

But people might still face the grind if the Dragontouched armours were still relevant.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I found it worthwhile for my completionist to prepare a heavy armor one with +10% and +20% heal amplification along with Destruction for future lives. I even went so far as to begin making an outfit of essentially the same thing. I find them to be very relevant for their intended level range. Don't expect them to suddenly begin competing with Epic content unless Turbine decides to make the entire pack Epic.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Best heal amp source in the game at those levels so depending on build it's still some of the best armor to have. Some runes could be better however and maybe add some more prr onto them.

The quests aren't the problem though other than maybe the annoying flagging mechanic, make it once and done to flag turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Best heal amp source in the game at those levels so depending on build it's still some of the best armor to have. Some runes could be better however and maybe add some more prr onto them.

The quests aren't the problem though other than maybe the annoying flagging mechanic, make it once and done to flag turbine.
    I could make an Aspect of Positive Energy item with Healing Lore, Greater Healing Lore, and Major Healing Lore that would give me a Rez clickie. Then I could wear it with my blue dragonscale/plate/hide/robes and have better Dex, AC and spell boosts. All of which I can start wearing at lower levels...

Healing amps are available on other items, and in some racial enhancement trees.

Just saying... it's not that impressive. It may be good for the healing amp, but not as armour.

I won't even be putting the Docent on my dog this life.

I could make an Aspect of Positive Energy item with Healing Lore, Greater Healing Lore, and Major Healing Lore that would give me a Rez clickie. Then I could wear it with my blue dragonscale/plate/hide/robes and have better Dex, AC and spell boosts. All of which I can start wearing at lower levels...

Healing amps are available on other items, and in some racial enhancement trees.

Just saying... it's not that impressive. It may be good for the healing amp, but not as armour.

Yeah you can make a gs heal amp stick but that nerfs dps. You also seem to be talking caster builds, I'm not. If you don't want to nerf your dps this armor is the best way to get heal amp at those levels. Having over 200% amp on a monk for example at those levels is very very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Yeah you can make a gs heal amp stick but that nerfs dps. You also seem to be talking caster builds, I'm not. If you don't want to nerf your dps this armor is the best way to get heal amp at those levels. Having over 200% amp on a monk for example at those levels is very very nice.
    A GS heal amp stick nerfs dps? How so?

You're right, you could make a heal amp stick. And then can go and hit things with it on your tempest. Then you can say, " wow, the damage from this weapon really sucks, why did i make it?"

You do know that heal amp currently stacks in a multiplicative way? Also that lores don't stack?

My tempest has black scale armor, and he has heal amp dragontouched. I don't wear the scale armor much.

The blue scale armor, and the white are junk. The blue being recently made so. I've had 20 of each of these scales for over a year, and i have yet to build a toon i want to inflict them on. Actually i may stick the blue on my bear tank druid, just because he can't use anything else.

The black armor is ok. Not that exciting.

You can also make a decent dragontouched threat amp suit if you are into that.

Yes, they should revisit it. It's a great pack, i really do like the quests in there. Adding +2 insightful to the sovereign tier would be nice. Remove the duplicates, and the ones that have a lesser and better version of the same effect at the same tier, i.e. striding, false life.

If there is good random armor that is dropping now, i haven't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Yes, they should revisit it. It's a great pack, i really do like the quests in there. Adding +2 insightful to the sovereign tier would be nice. Remove the duplicates, and the ones that have a lesser and better version of the same effect at the same tier, i.e. striding, false life.
    Well, in my personal experience, you're an outlier. Everyone I know, on my server, dislikes the chain.

I think the quests and the xp they give is right but indeed dragontouched armor shows it's age.

To be relevant it needs to have it's min level dropped to 12 like greensteel weapons. But beyond relevancy, the sovereign runes are totally outdated with duplicate effects and bugged effects (smiting for instance).

Community Member

Dragontouched? Reavers Refuge armor? Yes. That stuff is now pointless.

Change that armor into "blank armor with many extra gem slots". Convert those runes into augment gems. Some regular, some unique.

Gems. The key should be gems. I need only one armor (ok, maybe one extra for special situations). But gems are a different case. I have lots of alts.

First, let me say I'm all for making the runes BTA. Second, totally agree most of the properties (like many of the game's named items) need to be specced up to be (at least) on par with (of not better than) what's randomly available at the same level. Third, I would love to see an epic adaptation to have such wonderfully customizable armor at the top levels.

But not relevant? I guess WF caster must be a niche case. After the change to generic spell lore that's how I felt about my heroic Blue Scale docent so I went looking for alternatives. (If it matters, I'm talking about a TR life, with one more arcane life ahead) After checking out the plethora of runes I'ld built up over previous lives, and after a bit of crunching & recrunching I credited a docent with +6 Int skills,* +2 spell pen and 8% Dodge.* Haven't found anything better at 16, and i was a ways into epics before replacing it. Still have a bunch of blank armors (cloth/light/med/hvy) and a bunch of runes with more to come on successive lives.

*Worth noting the text is bugged: it still says the old values of +3 skills & +4 dodge, but the properly updated values apply. Spell pen also has the old value listed as "Spell pen VIII" but applies to ninth as well.

Have no issue with the acquisition process - other than the reflagging for SoS. IMHO the only "problem" is none of the flags are solo friendly Elite @ level and that's not a problem for me, I like to party anyway!

So to bring it back around: between the hamp for melees and boosts for casters I'm really not seeing how they're not relevant at all...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 10-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...