Default Any respect for the old school TR'ers?

Don't misunderstand me, I will thoroughly enjoy the shift in the xp curve and subsequent reduction in amount needed to cap. However, the amount of work it required me to achieve these lives under the conditions the TR system was first released leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

After all this, the developers still think that giving a free completionist feat is not a good idea...

I hope these concerns are reasonable, and are worthy of dev reflection.

Thanks
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

I think XP getting easier to get, the amount of work lessened to level is a pretty standard mechanic across most MMOs.

I wholeheartedly agree that completionist should be a free feat though.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

It should be a free feat, but for the rest, meh, not like it's much different than when otto's was released.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Don't misunderstand me, I will thoroughly enjoy the shift in the xp curve and subsequent reduction in amount needed to cap. However, the amount of work it required me to achieve these lives under the conditions the TR system was first released leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

After all this, the developers still think that giving a free completionist feat is not a good idea...

I hope these concerns are reasonable, and are worthy of dev reflection.

Thanks
    Agreed re: Completionist. Mostly, for selfish reasons.

Also, I feel like a divisive menace every time a post a build with Completionist in the feat list on the forums.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Completionist is overpowered enough when you pay for it.

The reward for doing TRs 3 years ago is having had the past life benefits for three years longer than someone that TRs tomorrow.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Last I checked you all played an MMO which means the makers of the game will make the old things easier to get in one way or another. The completionist feat is an old thing; hence, it is much easier to get then when it came out.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

PL feats were giving more before EDs, so I dont see a problem with lowering xp when you gain less than before.

Community Member

I think the "respect for completionists" ship sailed when Turbine made it so that you could get it in a couple of weeks if you paid them $650.

Yeah, this "ruined my accomplishment" thread is way too late. Stones did that. Sadly, "multi-life" and "completionist" mean little now in terms of accomplishment

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

The reward for doing TRs 3 years ago is having had the past life benefits for three years longer than someone that TRs tomorrow.
    Hardly powerful, let alone "overpowered". Do you see non-completionists struggling along behind completionist in any of the content, or completionist doing that much better? We both know the answer to this. Hence, this invalidates any comment regarding how "overpowered" the feat is. In fact, its next in line to get scrapped afaic.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

You've got to be kidding, right?

It's a nice perk, and a badge of honour, but hardly OP. Give it as an autogranted feat, already!
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Hero

The Completionist feat is nowhere near overpowered. It's barely worth taking since DCs scale so horribly in current end-game content.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    Yeah, this "ruined my accomplishment" thread is way too late. Stones did that. Sadly, "multi-life" and "completionist" mean little now in terms of accomplishment
    Pretty much this.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf