Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    guild forums?

  2. #22
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    I'm curious, what are these other forums?
    I've never seen their name mentioned here. So I assume that they are "the forums that have no name", to borrow a turn of phrase from good old Oscar.

    As I never ever break rules, except when I absolutely must, or when it's funny, I couldn't dare name them here, could I?

  3. #23
    Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Honestly, I'm starting to find all these posts implying that "The game allowed us to do it, so it was right to do it" utterly disgusting.
    I find the attitude "If we punish the exploiters we have less players online, let's not do that" equally disgusting.

    OP wants to be edgy, trying to find a technicality to justify a CHEAT, when there's no discussion to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

  4. #24
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging_Angel View Post
    Honestly, I'm starting to find all these posts implying that "The game allowed us to do it, so it was right to do it" utterly disgusting.
    I find the attitude "If we punish the exploiters we have less players online, let's not do that" equally disgusting.

    OP wants to be edgy, trying to find a technicality to justify a CHEAT, when there's no discussion to be had.
    So why are you still going on?


    Actually, I don't think your post has anything to do with the OP, so what are you going on about?

  5. #25
    Community Member mobrien316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    So, if an exploit is reported on Lamania and it still goes live, it's not cheating to use it? Okay...

    Are you getting something for nothing? Are you "exploiting" a bug in the system in order to get something for nothing? Yes? Then you are cheating, and I'm quite certain you know you are cheating.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

  6. #26
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Rapture, these forums aren't the only place to find this info. There's this great new invention called Google.
    And there's a set of forums, on another site, where the banned and disgruntled go to speak their minds without Turbine being able to delete their posts.



    Anyway, all the complaining in the forums would have alerted anyone motivated to test their google-fu and find out exactly what the exploit was.

    In fact, the indignantly self-righteous complainers probably caused many more people to discover how to dupe than would ever have done so without their inspiration. Is that irony?
    You mean mock other players, Turbine officials, and openly share these 'game features' they cry like babies when they are banned, then yes.

    Instead of Turbine deleting posts, you have the MODs over there doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  7. #27
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    So, if an exploit is reported on Lamania and it still goes live, it's not cheating to use it? Okay...

    Are you getting something for nothing? Are you "exploiting" a bug in the system in order to get something for nothing? Yes? Then you are cheating, and I'm quite certain you know you are cheating.
    People keep saying it was reported on Llama.

    I have found no evidence to back those claims up.

    IF it was reported and let go Live, it would have been abused by those that found it that very same day.

    The exploiter greed would not have allowed them to wait so long.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging_Angel View Post
    I find the attitude "If we punish the exploiters we have less players online, let's not do that" equally disgusting.
    I think there's only one sliver of a valid point in the exploit-justifiers' moaning. And that's the inconsistency of application of the rules.

    A lot of people used this exploit in part because Turbine has taken a light hand dealing with past exploits. That's what has created a situation where a large percentage of the community has been banned or suspended.

    You can't take half-measures like this without creating chaos. You either signal to the community that you're serious about cheating, or that you're not, and then the community adjusts accordingly. If they had a track record of bringing the hammer down on people who exploit, far fewer people would have participated in this duping. Instead, they fostered an environment where cheating is rampant -- in some cases with well-known bug exploits that have been in place for over a year -- and so when the next exploit came along, people figured "why not?" Then they hammer them, and basically everyone loses.

    This is all stuff any parent knows. You can't just go "tsk tsk" to Johnny when he goes into the cookie jar the first 10 times and then ground him for a year when he goes for the 11th.

    Note that I still don't think this justified obvious cheating, which is what item duplication is. I just think that Turbine's mixed messaging has made situations like this far worse than necessary for all concerned -- cheaters, non-cheaters and Turbine.

  9. #29
    Community Member mobrien316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    A lot of people used this exploit in part because Turbine has taken a light hand dealing with past exploits. That's what has created a situation where a large percentage of the community has been banned or suspended.
    What percentage of the community has been banned or suspended? Where did you go to find that information?
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Don't have numbers, just going based on personal experience after logging in last night and talking to a few people. I'm on Sarlona, which was sort of "ground zero" for this mess and let's just say the casualty figures are high.

  11. #31
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    they should make a holiday out of it.. say one day every year people are free to dupe everything =P looooooool

  12. #32
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Don't have numbers, just going based on personal experience after logging in last night and talking to a few people. I'm on Sarlona, which was sort of "ground zero" for this mess and let's just say the casualty figures are high.
    I've been reading that sarlona looks like

    (UserChat2): You joined room 'defense' (UserChat2). Number of members: 3.

  13. #33
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Don't have numbers, just going based on personal experience after logging in last night and talking to a few people. I'm on Sarlona, which was sort of "ground zero" for this mess and let's just say the casualty figures are high.
    A 'few' people does not make a large percentage unless you only know or talked to four.

    And in ten days we can all have a big laugh when those exploiters/cheaters come back and start crying all those ill gotten gains are now gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  14. #34
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I've been reading that sarlona looks like

    (UserChat2): You joined room 'defense' (UserChat2). Number of members: 3.
    Just shows that an amount of cheaters/exploiters utilize that channel.

    Maybe Turbine should start to monitor them.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    If they had a track record of bringing the hammer down on people who exploit, far fewer people would have participated in this duping. Instead, they fostered an environment where cheating is rampant -- in some cases with well-known bug exploits that have been in place for over a year -- and so when the next exploit came along, people figured "why not?" Then they hammer them, and basically everyone loses.
    The difference in exploit punishments exists solely on a monetary plane. The Epic Destinies bug, and several others, do not impact Turbine's bottom line directly. Duplication of items can and probably did to some extent. When searching about for a reason to bring the banhammer, look no farther than the money trail. Any apparent inconsistencies in retribution are quickly resolved when viewed in that light.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

  16. #36
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    People keep saying it was reported on Llama.

    I have found no evidence to back those claims up.

    IF it was reported and let go Live, it would have been abused by those that found it that very same day.

    The exploiter greed would not have allowed them to wait so long.
    Hmm... the forum posts were deleted to prevent word spreading? You know, the way things do get deleted.

  17. #37
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    With how much **** hits live I have given up questioning it.

    At this point, Everything is a Feature, until it is either fixed or broken.

  18. #38
    Community Member mobrien316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Don't have numbers, just going based on personal experience after logging in last night and talking to a few people. I'm on Sarlona, which was sort of "ground zero" for this mess and let's just say the casualty figures are high.
    So you talked to "a few" people? And you confused them with "a large percentage" of the community that play this game?
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

  19. #39
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    This is all stuff any parent knows. You can't just go "tsk tsk" to Johnny when he goes into the cookie jar the first 10 times and then ground him for a year when he goes for the 11th.

    Note that I still don't think this justified obvious cheating, which is what item duplication is. I just think that Turbine's mixed messaging has made situations like this far worse than necessary for all concerned -- cheaters, non-cheaters and Turbine.

    It's inconsistent. ED bugs which have been exploited extensively (and reported extensively) since MoTU get zero attention whatsoever and the players brazenly using them will not be punished in any way.


    But inconsistency is what I have come to expect, so it is not surprising.

  20. #40
    Community Member Wanesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    527

    Default

    testing an QA are the worst departments in the every company I worked. Investors always calculate money for develpment forgeting to multiply twice to have money for testing. Testing doesn't make money so many investors dont want to include it into their calculations.

    often i can hear reply to my question: Is there a time for testing? No, you have to deploy project as it is.

    "tested on poeple"

    Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload