bump
    "Everything I've learned, I've learned from D&D"
    -Gary Gygax

Khyber, Nightwielder Elite
    Strategist Build
    Halfling Thrower

Adamant Monolith-WF Tank
    Don't Call me Short

A bunch of us should send a PM to Spork/Samera/Eldorudo and ask them if they can sticky. When you do so, say it's because we don't have a forum for player guides or something like that.

I think this one deserves to be up there.

http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54955

Community Member Kraze_Nightwielder's Avatar

Yay for the sticky!
    -Gary Gygax

Strategist Build
    Halfling Thrower

Adamant Monolith-WF Tank
    Don't Call me Short

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Thanks for the sticky!

It's about damn time, yay!

Did not even know I got stickied hehe. Thanks for those who bug the mods about it.
    Tormenting clerics for heals since February 2006.
    Fighter Builds/Templates: A compiled link
    DDO Founder #1086

Default August 14, 2006 update

August 14, 2006: The Definitive AC Bonus Thread by tr0tsky
    August 14, 2006: Versatile and Powerful "Pure" Dwarven Fighter Tank by Renno
    August 14, 2006: Elurian's Earthshaker Build

Also, did someone do a WFTDS - Warforge Tank? Please let me know. I want to put it here too since there is still no Warforge Entry here.

Still looking for a range fighter build too.
    DDO Founder #1086

Quote Originally Posted by ddjunks
    August 14, 2006: The Definitive AC Bonus Thread by tr0tsky
    August 14, 2006: Versatile and Powerful "Pure" Dwarven Fighter Tank by Renno
    August 14, 2006: Elurian's Earthshaker Build

Also, did someone do a WFTDS - Warforge Tank? Please let me know. I want to put it here too since there is still no Warforge Entry here.

Still looking for a range fighter build too.
    Hmm, one of those isn't in the Fighter Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Maldini
    Hmm, one of those isn't in the Fighter Forum...

I added tr0tsky's thread for the AC bonuses since it can help fighters builds compute their possible AC base on the available items/equipment they have and will help identify which AC bonuses stack.

I think his thread is in the Class General Discussion forum.
    DDO Founder #1086

Community Member Kraze_Nightwielder's Avatar

I actually have a warforged Tank that I put together from spare parts....

It's in the Warforged Forum but hasn't had many replies.
    -Gary Gygax

Strategist Build
    Halfling Thrower

Adamant Monolith-WF Tank
    Don't Call me Short

Default Weapon Master Builds

Why is that there are none of the Weapon Master Builds (Spring Attack/Whirlwind) posted on this sticky?

There have been numerous threads on this subject reporting it to be one of the highest damage output builds but it's still not appearing here. Posters have included -

Ricksha (in the top 10 most viewed posts on this forum, sadly a little full of flames)
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52306

Sani
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52570

and my more defensive version
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50332

These builds leave Barbarians and other DPS standing, whilst still maintaining survivability. I've seen it and done it. Again and again and again. Some prolific posters on these forums fail to understand and continue to disparage Spring Attack - to the detriment of the rest of us. This feat more than any other is the reason these builds dominate.

You get around 32 swings every 15 seconds when lightly tapping the movement keys compared to just less than 24 when stationary - more than 8 swings extra every 15 seconds (I'm talking sword and board here).

Sometimes you have to stay still to hit very high AC mobs with your +5 and +10 attacks. Against everything else Spring Attack allows you to break free of the painfully slow +0/+0/+5/+10 attack chain - it's not called a chain for nothing!

DPS is good, SPaM (Swings Per Minute) is better...
    Last edited by Cold Stele; 08-27-2006 at 06:12 AM.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Ricksha's was disparaged because he claimed it was "The best most uberest tank build ever," (which it's not even CLOSE to) rather than pitching it as a DPS build, which it is. I think you may very well be right about spring attack being one of the most undervalued feats. I haven't played with it myself yet, but if you're right about the amount of time the swings take, then you're also right that against mobs without extremely high ACs, spring attack could be priceless. Of course, Lyte's comment about swivelling to anchor in place of using spring attack is also worth noting.

Sani's build looks like a solid DPS build and yours looks like a good balanced build (though I think bastard sword is of dubious value, especially on a build that's already juggling offense and defense), so DDJ might want to take a look at them, but it's really his call as to which go into the compilation.

It's tough to search through all the builds in the forum, and drawing the line between what makes a build unique in its own right and what's just a modification makes it a little tougher. As an example, there's really not much difference between Ricksha's build and Sani's. As nearly as I can tell, they're basically identical except that Ricksha takes Power Attack while Sani takes Precision. (I think Sani had a very close version posted a month before Ricksha's as well). I don't think swapping one feat means both should go into the compilation, or you'd have dozens of spin-offs from each real build. As an example, I've got a drow 8/2 and a human 8/2, with a couple of different feats and enhancements and different stats, but only one of them is in the compilation thread, because on the whole, they serve the same purpose.

All that said, I do think at least 1 or 2 weapon master/whirlwind builds would round out the thread if DDJ wants to add them.
    Last edited by Elurian; 08-28-2006 at 01:34 AM.

The 32 attack every 15 seconds would be very nice for specially for those weilding Vorpal, Smiting etc.

Hopefully somebody can confirm this.
    DDO Founder #1086

I'll work on a thread for DDJ crediting all the builds posted so far.

Oh, forgot to say it's about 41 swings every 15 seconds with Haste or FAB IV or 46/47 with both.

Elurian - I don't disagee that Khopesh wins on damage when you compare two identical weapons. Problem for Khop users is exactly that though - the scarcity. No chart or graph can quantify a comparison between a Khop and a better specced Bastard Sword (cos they're easier to get hold of in Brokers or to trade for).

I readily concede that established players may have a nice collection of Khops already and it may not be a problem. For anyone who's lookin at build advice to make a new toon it is though, when every other new Fighter and Paladin takes the feat. I was on the CLERIC forum yesterday - they've even got builds posted there with Khop users! It is gonna be a problem...

On reflection I'm happy with my feat choice, and will certainly not be using Feat Respeccing. I'm gonna keep using a weapon that does slightly less damage (slightly more on mobs that can't be critted) but that's much easier to get hold of. OK time to go over to Sarlona Marketplace and bid on that Vorpal Bastard Sword that's on there...
    Last edited by Cold Stele; 08-29-2006 at 05:45 PM.

August 29, 2006: Added Maldini's WF Tank build form WF Forum
    August 29, 2006: Added Kraze's Adamant Monolith WF build form WF Forum
    August 29, 2006: Added Renno's WF Juggernaut build
    August 29, 2006: Added Elurian's Archer Build
    August 29, 2006: Herculean Annihilator by Vehemoth

I am still waiting for Cold Steele's revision/redo of the Spring Attack Builds.

Also we seem to be missing the builds base on Cleave, Greater Cleave and Whirlwind attack.
    DDO Founder #1086

I'm working on getting the Barbarian compiled build list thread stickied in the Barbarian forum. I'll have to crosslink in the Fighter and Palidan ones.

Hey wasup Maldini,

I tried that drow fighter template ya gave me a couple weeks ago lol worked out nice ly got to lvl 3 in no time, but then lost drow spark everyone is playing a drow. So im going to make him human and was wondering how the xtra feat would come in a what to pick, heres what ya gave me.

1. WPF : Slash and bludgeon
    2. Powerattack
    3. THF
    4. Weapon Spec Slash
    5. -
    6. IMP 2H & Weap Spec Bludgeon
    7. -
    8. IMP Crit Slash
    9. IMP Crit Bludgeon
    10. Greater Weapon Focus : slash

So was wondering what to put in for the other first feat that wont mess up the pecking order.
    Oh and one more thing was wondering why dext was at 16 when we wear full plate? Sorry to be a pain already have a lvl 10 so im on another long road to 10 with a fighter sorry im being a pain just want to make sure i have all this straight and understand it.

Thanx a million Maldini for all the help
    ISENGRIM

Or anybody for that matter. Thanx

ISENGRIM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast