Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Best solo melee build?

Trying to figure what the best build for me would be. I more or less solo exclusively, and generally play melee-centric toons (casting and/or ranged is a nice bonus but far from required). Due to how I solo most of the time I also prefer my toons to be really self-sufficient, having defensive tools and generally being resilent (my melee PM being my current highest level toon). I also like having a high movement speed and other movement options like abundant step, sprint boosts, etc.

As for weapon, I like unarmed the most, but using 2H weapons, in particular the quarterstaff, isn't too far behind, so either of those is fine.

Any suggestions for good builds now that the enhancement pass has happened already? (I haven't really played much for a fairly long time).

Rule of thumb, splash 2 arti and grab a 10/20/30 heal amp kama. With the right gear, you'll have no fail heal scrolls at level 11, at level 12 you'll self heal for >400 (depending on race/class heal amp)

Then just grab whatever weapons you like

Quote Originally Posted by Fecerak View Post
    Trying to figure what the best build for me would be. I more or less solo exclusively, and generally play melee-centric toons (casting and/or ranged is a nice bonus but far from required). Due to how I solo most of the time I also prefer my toons to be really self-sufficient, having defensive tools and generally being resilent (my melee PM being my current highest level toon). I also like having a high movement speed and other movement options like abundant step, sprint boosts, etc.

As for weapon, I like unarmed the most, but using 2H weapons, in particular the quarterstaff, isn't too far behind, so either of those is fine.

Any suggestions for good builds now that the enhancement pass has happened already? (I haven't really played much for a fairly long time).
    Juggernaut is what you're looking for - has all the goodies except extra fast movement speed (though you could get sprint boost on the 2 ranger version?)

for self sufficient melee, nothing beats a Paladin.
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    for self sufficient melee, nothing beats a Paladin.
    umm... almost everything beats a paladin...

if you've enjoyed a melee pm, you might enjoy a 2 rogue / 12 cleric / 6 ranger, elf.
    would give you trapping abilities, evasion, healing aura, healing bursts, regenerating turns, ameliorating strike, manyshot, twf feats from ranger, scimitars as deity weapons, scimitars as racial weapons, positive energy enhancements from deepwood stalker, tempest tree for even more weapon damage, more off-hand strikes and better defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    umm... almost everything beats a paladin...
    Nothing beats a paladin.

And everything else beats nothing.

Community Member

Im currently leveling Warforged Wizard12/Monk6/Rogue2. Melee oriented with quarterstaffs. Wizard is for selfbuff and self heals and a rare DoT (Firewall, Icestorm). Rogue for some skills and acrobat for staff enhancement. Monk for henshin enhancements (quarterstaff) and incorporal in ninja spy tree.

So far it works so good its almost boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Nothing beats a paladin.

And everything else beats nothing.
    troll much?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Juggernaut is what you're looking for - has all the goodies except extra fast movement speed (though you could get sprint boost on the 2 ranger version?)
    I do actually have a jugg, which was my favourite toon until my melee PM, and is currently my second highest leveled toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    troll much?
    Nope. Paladin is the worst class implemented in DDO.
    Unless you're one of those weird people that like "tanks", but even then, fighters tend to be better for dps.

this is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVzvg...ature=youtu.be

;p
    Avenlight - Human - 12Fvs/6Monk/2Pal/8Epic
    Avenlight - Human - 17Cleric/2Monk/1Fighter/8Epic
    Korsat - Dwarf - 18Wizard/2Monk/8Epic
    Zendark - Halfelf - 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter/8Epic

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Monk is what you are looking for.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Monk is what you are looking for.
    This. Light-based human shintao. Plenty of h.amp, get some devotion item and you can play as a secondary party healer

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...80#post5130980

1 build capable of doing it, ofc, ask for those who answered if their toons are able to do that, the answer is easy and short: no

look for cetus build in...dunno where it was lol

iirc was 12 fighter 6 monk 2 pally

that monster outdps and outselfheals (in less aggressive variant for eh and lower stuff) everything u can find in there, y, even the jugg roflmao
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    that monster outdps and outselfheals (in less aggressive variant for eh and lower stuff) everything u can find in there, y, even the jugg roflmao
    arrogance aside, I don't think heal scrolls qualify as out-self healing anyone, especially when you don't have scroll enhancements... at least you got your 30% human heal amp.
    but if that's the qualifying mark for self-healing, any build with UMD will do.

I am having a blast with Rog2/Fig6/Barb12 halfling 2HF Dragonmark self healing (now only 1 feat and halfling enhancements), full 2HF feat line, evasion, UMD for extra heals if needed, and I went occult line barb for funky special effects, esp Ear smash which is hilarious watching the sleep animations for Golems and Oozes :-)

that monster outselfheals (in less aggressive variant for eh and lower stuff) everything u can find in there, y, even the jugg roflmao
    You can't be serious.
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

Probably something like a 16 monk 2 fighter 2 paladin or something like that. High wisdom for the stun fist and quivering palm so I would like at least 15 levels of monk these days although my eviscerator 12 rogue 6 monk 2 paladin unarmed was nice because it did decent dps with outrageous defense.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    You can't be serious.
    ofc i am lol, check what has been soloed with jugg, and then check which builds can solo that quest on ee

is nice healing with sp? ofc it is, but in the right moment u have to swap weapon(because u will) to selfheal, u're at same point than scroll healing

and outdps...oh well, the numbers are there rofl

i reread the op and didn't see "selfhealing needed for lvling" well, not sure who needs it nowadays, even the dumb hires can keep a barb alive lol

and once u hit 20 is quite easy for every toon that has the 23 points in umd have a non fail with scrolls
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

ofc i am lol, in the right moment u have to swap weapon(because u will) to selfheal, u're at same point than scroll healing
    not sure I follow your argument... why is it you think blue bars will have to swap weapons to heal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast