Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Community Member

sorc ASF still completely broken going to bug report it and hopefully other do too. One of the only advantages coming from this tree is the ability for melee arcanes to wear named armor with no ASF. Can finally itemize 6-8% doublestrike, vitality, absorptions etc without cutting into other gear slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledtyrant View Post
    sorc ASF still completely broken going to bug report it and hopefully other do too. One of the only advantages coming from this tree is the ability for melee arcanes to wear named armor with no ASF. Can finally itemize 6-8% doublestrike, vitality, absorptions etc without cutting into other gear slots.
    Funny thing about the ASF enhancements, specifically the ones with armor proficiency, is that because of the expectation of multiclassing they're either useless because you won't be wearing armor or redundant because you'll be splashing classes that already have the armor proficiency you want.

If they make this tree more useful for a pure than those enhancements might matter, otherwise they're just an over costly waste of space.
    2 AP for 5 ASF.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Hey everyone!
    Over the weekend, we've had a chance to read through all of your feedback on the Eldritch Knight.

We'd like to address a couple points:

First, we've seen a lot of negative responses about the "Improved Mage Armor" and "Improved Shield" spell-like ability enhancements.
    There's a misconception that these enhancements will do nothing, because many Eldritch Knights will have an equipped shield or armor.

We'd like to make it clear that the purpose of these enhancements is not to just give you Mage Armor or Shield as a spell-like ability.
    They empower those spells by giving you an additional, stacking buff while those spells are active.
    Improved Mage Armor gives up to a +10% bonus to your total armor class, while Improved Shield gives +10 Physical Resistance Rating. This works regardless of if you have an equipped armor or shield.

We feel those enhancements, due to their low cost and accessible position in the tree, are already very useful, and do not need any changes.

That said, after assessing the other feedback, here's the improvements we plan on making:

1: We agree that Eldritch Shield is too weak. We'll be tripling the Temporary Hit Points you gain from this enhancement. This will make it much more effective at mitigating incoming damage.

2: Eldritch Strike's cooldown is too long. We're reducing it from 15 seconds to 12 seconds. We feel this will help it balance better in context with other arcane trees' SLA's.
    This is also an indirect buff to the capstone, Eldritch Blade, which activates every ten times you use Eldritch Strike.

3: We're making the Arcane Spell Failure reductions work for Warforged. This was a no-brainer, and makes those armor proficiency enhancements do something for warforged.

4: We're buffing the core capstone, Eldritch Blade, by adding an additional, more noticable effect to it. While active, in addition to +10% attack damage and +25 Spell Power, it'll also add 3d4 Force damage to your attacks.

The above changes are being made to address the top issues that everyone’s pointed out. They’ll release in Update 20. Even if your particular feedback adjustment doesn't make it into Update 20, we’ll continue to monitor the Eldritch Knight to identify possible future adjustments. So, please continue to give us your thoughts!
    1) with +5 shield, you get 15 temp hp every few second.. how useful is 15 temp hp? if you make it everytime on hit it would be more worthwhile.
    2)15->12 isn't much, these aren't as powerful as sla and their cool down is way longer then sla.
    3)now wf is one more step toward achieving greater deity rank among all other moral races.
    4)it only trigger once 1min 20 second or more...3d4 will not justify much to its low duration and high times require to recharge.

p.s. most people comment negative because this design is likely the worst seen on mmo market these years.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Say devs why are you so heck bent on having this be a shield bearing enhancement tree. That is what stands out to me. Eldritch Knight in D&D has nothing whatsover to do with shields and the same with arcane spell failure. Blah.
    Probably because there are way to few shield wielding characters. That being said . . . EK doesn't really have many shield abilities, so I don't really see this as a good complaint.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltrot View Post
    Probably because there are way to few shield wielding characters. That being said . . . EK doesn't really have many shield abilities, so I don't really see this as a good complaint.
    There's not enough people wielding shields because shields aren't worth wielding forcing them into unrelated prestige trees just makes it annoying to utilize those trees
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltrot View Post
    It has 3, shield training, shield striking, and eldritch shield (4 if you want to count still spell), so I'd say that's enough to raise an eyebrow at.

I'm guessing the reason why the devs thought shields were a good idea is because you see shield wielding arcanes from time to time. If this is the case, what they don't get is that an arcane with a shield relies on their spells for damage, not their weapons so a shield isn't going to diminish DPS. A melee on the other hand, like what the EK is supposed to be, relies on weapons so a shield is going to diminish DPS compared to going TWF or THF.

If they want the Eldritch Knight to wield a shield and not feel like a weakened arcane, they need to adjust for the loss in DPS from wielding a shield and being melee focused.

Community Member

This Tier 5 beats up every other Tier 5 and takes their lunch money. A toggle for a stacking +4 Strength, Dexterity and Constitution that comes with +6 AC and a Fighter's Base Attack Bonus? A temporary hit point mechanic on a par with the Occult Slayer's Tier 5 Vampiric Bond, only with fewer restrictions and less action required to benefit? A +2[W] area of effect melee attack that knocks down without a save and unleashes an uncapped, character level based forceball that also allows no save? Up to 3% Doublestrike for 1 AP a pop? This is tremendous stuff, and qualifying for it gets you stuff like 10 PRR and magic missile immunity, a reactive self-only Radiant Forcefield that can proc twice as often as an Artificer can even cast it, +10% to your Armour Class, and a +1D6 weapon imbue. It's a great tree for melee characters to splash, that's for sure.

Where it doesn't shine is in looking after Sorcerers. It's built around a sword-and-board style which Sorcerers don't have the feats to use properly, taking it as a secondary element undermines your primary element and doesn't deliver much bang for your buck, and taking it as a primary tree leaves you hurting for synergy from your secondary tree options, in addition to dramatically compounding your feat shortages. It's much, much better for Wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by Clatterfist View Post
    This Tier 5 beats up every other Tier 5 and takes their lunch money. A toggle for a stacking +4 Strength, Dexterity and Constitution that comes with +6 AC and a Fighter's Base Attack Bonus?
    A scroll that is avaible to everyone.

A temporary hit point mechanic on a par with the Occult Slayer's Tier 5 Vampiric Bond, only with fewer restrictions and less action required to benefit?
    Wow. With a +10 Shield (lol) we are looking at an awesome amount of THIRTY temporary HP. Amazing!!

/sarcasm.

A +2[W] area of effect melee attack that knocks down without a save and unleashes an uncapped, character level based forceball that also allows no save?
    The only good thing of this tree, togheter with Eldritch Strike.

Up to 3% Doublestrike for 1 AP a pop? This is tremendous stuff, and qualifying for it gets you stuff like 10 PRR and magic missile immunity,
    Yup, it just costs a whole 6 AP when a Nightshield clicky/Shield wand is so cheap.

a reactive self-only Radiant Forcefield that can proc twice as often as an Artificer can even cast it
    Which is useless, since it is casted when you are dying and can only proc once every 2 min and half,

+10% to your Armour Class

Yup, we can now reach 50 AC instead of 40!

and a +1D6 weapon imbue.
    1d6 is GREAT? Really?

Sorry but it's not tremendous at all. It's really lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

Yeah, all of that stuff is great. Tenser's Scrolls have poor duration and can't compete with having those benefits permanently active; Even 18 Hit Points every six seconds is a considerable amount of extra damage soaking given that it's just one very minor aspect of a character's defences, works on everything, and stacks from the top; 50% of maximum hit points is not the same thing as dying - though I'll grant you, I understand the reason behind saying it is - and 25% global damage reduction is huge; and 10% AC is also huge. That's the same as Combat Expertise, which requires you to spend a feat, give up all other general stances, take a -5 penalty to your attack rolls, forgo all forms of rage, and suffer three times the cooldown on all your spells. And yes, 1d6 (or 2d4, depending on the depth of your splash) extra elemental damage per swing of your weapon for 1 AP is great, especially when it's a pre-requisite to sorts of thing you get higher up in this tree.

Granted, none of this is necessarily right or appropriate for every character, and pure casters are amongst the least likely to find it all helpful... but I still find it noteworthy. I can imagine a lot of characters that are essentially melee characters, who would be better off taking this Tier 5 than their own Tier 5. The fact that you can go to a sixth wizard level and get the Displacement SLA from archmage as well makes it even more interesting, and once again highlights how much more useful this tree would appear to be as a wizard tree over a sorcerer tree.

Yeah, all of that stuff is great. Tenser's Scrolls have poor duration and can't compete with having those benefits permanently active; Even 18 Hit Points every six seconds is a considerable amount of extra damage soaking given that it's just one very minor aspect of a character's defences, works on everything, and stacks from the top; 50% of maximum hit points is not the same thing as dying - though I'll grant you, I understand the reason behind saying it is - and 25% global damage reduction is huge; and 10% AC is also huge. That's the same as Combat Expertise, which requires you to spend a feat, give up all other general stances, take a -5 penalty to your attack rolls, forgo all forms of rage, and suffer three times the cooldown on all your spells. And yes, 1d6 (or 2d4, depending on the depth of your splash) extra elemental damage per swing of your weapon for 1 AP is great, especially when it's a pre-requisite to sorts of thing you get higher up in this tree.
    Scroll might have a poor duration but it's not a stacking +4 stats and Fighter BAB. A stacking damage would be a bonus not avaible otherwise.

Sorry but 10% AC is huge? 18 Hit Points is a "considerable amount of extra damage soaking" ? Just no. There many other ways to achieve it and achieve it for good: DR, more actual HP, more dodge, more concealment bonus etc.

1d6 for 1 AP is mediocre at least. Pre-requisite to get what exactly? The other 3425235235 Spellsword cores THAT YOU CAN'T ACTIVATE AT ONCE? Or the trash Capstone that is not even worth looking at?

Granted, none of this is necessarily right or appropriate for every character, and pure casters are amongst the least likely to find it all helpful... but I still find it noteworthy. I can imagine a lot of characters that are essentially melee characters, who would be better off taking this Tier 5 than their own Tier 5. The fact that you can go to a sixth wizard level and get the Displacement SLA from archmage as well makes it even more interesting, and once again highlights how much more useful this tree would appear to be as a wizard tree over a sorcerer tree.
    Granted, we are talking about a casters' tree here. So no, saying "it is good for splashes but sucks for pures" is not an excuse to make this PrE look any good.

It is trash and will stay that way probably, seeing as we have 1 reply/month here on Lamannia.

*maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    It has 3, shield training, shield striking, and eldritch shield (4 if you want to count still spell), so I'd say that's enough to raise an eyebrow at.

I'm guessing the reason why the devs thought shields were a good idea is because you see shield wielding arcanes from time to time. If this is the case, what they don't get is that an arcane with a shield relies on their spells for damage, not their weapons so a shield isn't going to diminish DPS. A melee on the other hand, like what the EK is supposed to be, relies on weapons so a shield is going to diminish DPS compared to going TWF or THF.

If they want the Eldritch Knight to wield a shield and not feel like a weakened arcane, they need to adjust for the loss in DPS from wielding a shield and being melee focused.
    One out of eight or so? Didn't raise my eyebrow the first time. I guess so many people are use to not using shields ever, so any skills would raise eyebrows.

Like I said before I think this just makes using a shield possible.

Shield training - I don't have to waste one of my feats to use a tower shield if I want.

Shield striking - I get to make up for some of the damage I lose for choosing to use a shield. If the Devs really had wanted to make this the "shield" class, they would make this 30%/60%/90%.

(The above just makes it plausible to use shields.)

Eldritch Shield - I don't know, I haven't seen it in practice, but I think this ability sucks. I think I'd rather have the bugged version of the drow's venomed blades.

I don't think they plan on having a separate shield wielding EK class, so they are just incorporating a few abilities to let someone do this if they wanted.

Community Member

Default Needs Int/Cha to hit

Ok after looking at the tree and a verity of others along with spells and trying it out these are my thoughts. The core abilities are not so great as far as core abilities go. The idea is nice though the toggles remind me of the arcane archer, only the EK has to pay spell points where the archer doesn't and they get way better toggles, in my opinion.

Spent alot of points just attacking, not doing all that great of damage so have to run to the shrine twice as much.

I liked the improved mage armor and improve shield think they are great.

Shield training and martial weapon training are as I stated before not all that worth it. Should be combined into improved touch of the master in my opinion which also would allow for Int/cha to take over for atk and hit mods.

I know some people say the atk and hit mod shouldn't be added but as I said artificers have the ability to use their int to hit or damage by spell, dex is used in alot of enhancement trees why should the arcane and divines not get to use their stat. I'm sure the spells play a role in that but then again trip, sunder and other combat tactics along with enhancement abilities added to each classes make things more even. There are already items in the game that use int or wisdom to do so.

Tensers as a toggle, it is ok but honestly might as well just cast the spell not all that much of an enhancement.

Arcane Barrier the concept is nice though execution needs work I think.

elemental resistance? what is a +6 going to do that a +30 dosn't. Sure it'll be a +36 but that really dosn't seem to be much of an improvement.

maybe eldritch shield can give temp spell points too like the moon bow ability from the arcane archer. Perhaps a Rune weapon enhancement wouldn't be bad either.

Still spell and tempest are nice.

I'd love to see the elemental weapon charges not cost spell points for hitting a creature and arranged like the arcane archers. Maybe have elemental armor toggles added that add retribution and repostie

Improved mage armor tier 3 would be a better core ability then the elemental toggles. same with improved shield. Perhaps with an improved Masters touch as another core ability. maybe even give tenser's alittle bit of a difference between the spell and the enhancment and add it to the core abilities. Then put the elemental attacks in a roll with an improve elemental attack as top tier. But those are just my suggestions.
    Last edited by SylverChaos; 10-28-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Rewording to clerify

Does any of these weapon buffs / special attacks work with handwraps?

And so far not impressed or even mildly excited and I play arcane and Tukaw builds. Seems like a waste of enhancement points better spent elsewhere.
    If Int or Cha is used for dmg at least and maybe to hit - I might have some interest. Or if the shield stuff noticeably increases blocking DR (something which increases the Shield AC by 10?)... built in shield deflection stuff or an improved shield deflection.... Honestly, defense is mostly dodge and PRR and this tree doesn't seem to give any of that at all....

Anyway I am sure people have already said all of this in the last 14 pages, I just couldn't find anything on handwraps - and pm monks is one of the flavor builds I could imagine who might find something useful from this tree.
    Last edited by Janisis; 10-29-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    Official Wearer of Purple Proud Member of Renowned Not Afraid to PUG
    Main: Janisis - Completionist currently Shiradi Tank. Alts: Janarch: Someday Divine Archer, Byeshk: Someday Swashbuckle Thrower (or not - alt damage interrupts daze effects )
    Long Live Cult of the Dragon

Aaaand nothing changed with the latest patch.

Congratz to everyone for our valuable feedback!

*maybe

Community Member

Default Something worth Mana

Yeah well maybe it won't make a difference to take time to post what we think. But have to try. I got to thinking about how they want to take mana with each strike of the weapon...every 6 seconds. And still don't like it. I mean why not make strikes that cost mana. You know besides the toggles for elements. Ice edge adds an extra burst of cold and chance to freeze, incinerating blade adds extra fire and chance to burn, Shadow edge adds untyped damage with +5 double strike for a few... Just to name a few ideas. But this taking magic just for having a toggle like the arcane archers is ridiculous. I can see a cost to start it, but after that no.

Also the idea of having a dancing weapon spell for this pre comes to mind as something that would be cool. Probobly won't happen but still sounds like it would fit the class.

So I took a stab at a hybrid build. Let me know your thoughts.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 28 Lawful Good Human Male
    (8 Paladin \ 6 Cleric \ 6 Sorcerer \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 399
    Spell Points: 1135 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 21
    Reflex: 13
    Will: 19

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             14                    24
    Dexterity            14                    17
    Constitution         16                    19
    Intelligence         12                    15
    Wisdom               12                    16
    Charisma             14                    17

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
    +3 Tome of Strength used at level 12
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 12
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 12
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 12
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 12
    +3 Tome of Charisma used at level 12

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               2                    18
    Bluff                 2                    11
    Concentration         7                    38
    Diplomacy             2                    15
    Disable Device        n/a                  n/a
    Haggle                2                    11
    Heal                  5                    37
    Hide                  2                    11
    Intimidate            2                    11
    Jump                  2                    15
    Listen                1                    11
    Move Silently         2                    11
    Open Lock             n/a                  n/a
    Perform               n/a                  n/a
    Repair                1                    10
    Search                1                    10
    Spellcraft            1                    33
    Spot                  1                    11
    Swim                  2                    15
    Tumble                n/a                  n/a
    Use Magic Device      n/a                  n/a

Level 1 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Empower Healing Spell
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Sovereign Host
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Cleric
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Cleric

Level 2 (Sorcerer)

Level 3 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 4 (Sorcerer)

Level 5 (Sorcerer)

Level 6 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 7 (Sorcerer)

Level 8 (Paladin)

Level 9 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Paladin)

Level 17 (Paladin)

Level 18 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 19 (Paladin)

Level 20 (Paladin)

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Damage Reduction

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Mage Armor
    Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Attack Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Wisdom (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Wisdom (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Wisdom (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Wisdom (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Strength (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Strength (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Strength (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Healing Domain (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Pacifism (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Positive Energy Burst (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Fiendslayer I (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Courage of Heaven (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Turning (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Turning (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Smite (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Smite (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Smite (Rank 1)
    The planner does not have the EK enhancement yet. They will be taken to tier 5 for the cleave, ASF and Tenser's Transformation. The idea behind this build is to have good melee damage, self healing, and some party healing. The high CHR should give 15+ turns for the burst. I went TWF with the intent to fit in Ameliorating Strike, but there just are not enough AP.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Why 6 sorc as opposed to say 4 to 6 Wiz? Wiz feats at 1st and 5th, you're strapped for feats with that combo more spell selection and a access to higher level spells at that.

Healing strike is a Nice idea, but no real synergy with EK.

Now if you keep the cleric maybe 4 levels, go 12 Wiz for wrath form, use cleric divine disciple to take the necro SLA's (one of which heals you necro blast) you have room for 4 of something else (melee) or more Wiz or cleric levels. Combine warpriest and EK and do no DC casting you might be on to something.
    Last edited by IronClan; 11-02-2013 at 02:57 AM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Default prediction

EK is going to get soundly thrashed in general when this goes live. Both by those who like thte Idea of a gish, melee caster (because this is almost 100 flavor) And those who thought that SORCS were getting another PrE, to make up for all the cries of nerfing they were doing. This doesn't appease the Sorc players AND is doesn't really result in a viable character build, without some serious min/making to use parts of it.

New players are going to roll this up, and die a whole lot.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Bored as hell, thought of this, how about 13 Wiz, 4 cleric 3 FvS. Calling it "Trica-necro-phobia" some fire angel FvS, goodness with 6% more force and fire crits and spell power, scourge and temp spell point procs, 4 cleric for necro healing SLA. 13 Wiz brings wraith form, and Archmage force SLA's/spellpower to the table, go shiradi, and pray that your force damage off your core 1 cleave can proc shiradi because its clearly a spell, hit your necro blast for AOE shiradi centered on you that also heals you, and melt stuff with MM and CM maxed, empowered, enlarged, and quickened.

No need for DC's. So go Con, and STR, probably want to put all ups into con for hit points, over hitting stuff. Also put 1 for 1 build points into Charisma (14) and gear it up to 30+ also get PRR from warpriest wear heavy armor and shield, take those metas and at least the 2 shield feats and melee feats to taste. Consider races: dwarf for con to damage (careful need AP's and you're ultra tight) human for feat/skill.

If wanting to focus on melee and not force maximizing and if shiradi does not proc on your spell sword/force damage, or you just don't want to do shiradi then consider Arti 3 for insightful strikes to your main hand weapon. Allowing INT for some minor DC casting in EH. (forget anything with spell penn on SR mobs though)

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Why 6 sorc as opposed to say 4 to 6 Wiz? Wiz feats at 1st and 5th, you're strapped for feats with that combo more spell selection and a access to higher level spells at that.

Healing strike is a Nice idea, but no real synergy with EK.

Now if you keep the cleric maybe 4 levels, go 12 Wiz for wrath form, use cleric divine disciple to take the necro SLA's (one of which heals you necro blast) you have room for 4 of something else (melee) or more Wiz or cleric levels. Combine warpriest and EK and do no DC casting you might be on to something.
    6 sorc gives you firewall for the early levels. Sorc, Paladin, and Cleric can all make use of a high Char so they all play well together. The way I look at a build like this is that you will be hard pressed to get into groups. So you have to be able to solo. Going Warforged could make that easier. You could then drop the cleric side without any problems.

I looked at a 12 wiz build for wraith. I would think that would be more of a monk type build. Not a big fan of those. Maybe Warforged Monk, paladin, Sorc could work? High char with paladin will give you good saves. Maybe 12 paladin / 6 sorc / 2 monk.

If I could get the aura from cleric and the burst from EK I would be happy. What type of numbers are being put out by the Eldritch Tempest attack?
    Last edited by wtorchia; 11-02-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast