Hybrid View

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Eldritch Knight Enhancement Tree Discussion Thread!

Please use this thread to discuss the new Sorcerer and Wizard Enhancement Tree: Eldritch Knight.
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 10-14-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    Surveys are AWESOME!
    Bug Things! We like bugs! ... well not really, bugs are bad, but we like to know about them!
    Copy your Character or make a new one using the handy tools available in the Test Dojo.

Laid out proposed changes to the tree HERE

Copy pasted from General Discussion:

So, let's start with the cores:

Seriously? Is this a Sorcerer thing where every single thing (be it two or more trees or two or more enhancements) should be the same? Cmon. You couldn't come up with 4 different cores so you gave us four different toggles THAT CANNOT BE TOGGLED ALL AT THE SAME TIME? I was kinda excited about the fact of having all of them active at once but geez.

Also what's up with all these Force Spellpower bonuses in the cores? What about the so wanted and acclaimed Force enhancements that everyone wanted? Just so you can say "oh but if you take all 4 Spellwords, you get also 40 cool Force SP" ? It should be like every other tree: 0.5 USP per point spent AND 1 Force spell per point spent. And come up with something better for these cores OR let us active all them at once. It would be -4 SP every 6 seconds so we can't maintain it forever.

Eldritch strike: I liked the animation, I liked the force damage. Not much to say.

The capstone: few problems:

1) 30 seconds duration when you need 150 seconds just to charge it. Too short. When we have in game buffs that gives 200% melee damage and can be kept through the entirity of a quest, I can't understand why a capstone can't last at least a whole 120 seconds, basically making it an ALMOST-PERMANENT MERE 10% DAMAGE INCREASE (and 25 SP).
    2) It's capstone. Make the Force spellpower +20.

Let's bring it on the tree itself:

Tier 1:

Mage Armor passive bonus: 10% AC? Really? On a sorcerer? AC means nothing now. 15 stacking DR and would be not bad.

Tier 3:

Arcane Barrier: lasts 10 seconds, requires you to almost die, trigger only once every 150 seconds: bad.

Tier 5:

Tenser's trasformation: couple of problems:

1) I like the Toggle thing.
    2) Why Arcane Barrier is a pre-req? There is no absolutely reasons. Noone will take Arcane Barrier but some people might like the Perma Tenser

Eldritch Shield: temporary HP are U-S-E-L-E-S-S. You haven't got it yet, have you?

Eldritch Tempest: I like it. Like the effect. I would change the Prone for one second to Helpless for one second, making Tempest + Eldritch strike/Cleave/Greater cleave amazing.

Also: HOW MANY -ASF ARE THERE IN THIS TREE? Make the bonuses bigger somewhere and change some of these to something else for heaven's sake. This looks just a lazy design.

Overall, the most thing I hate about this tree are the 4 Spellswords toggle. Make it so that we can all activate them at once (with the stacking debuff so -4 sp every 6 seconds).
    Last edited by Wizza; 10-13-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Community Member

Did not see anywhere that you can use Cha/Int for to hit and damage. Missing from prestige or am I overlooking it?

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

It lacks heavy armor ASP reduction, but it looks nice.
    Need to test moar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Can someone post up a transcript of the new tree?

Interested to see what is in it.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    Can someone post up a transcript of the new tree?

Interested to see what is in it.
    It's in General Discussion and Arcane enhancement.
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Please use this thread to discuss the new Sorcerer and Wizard Enhancement Tree: Eldritch Knight.
    I think it'd be pretty swell if the Eldritch Shield ability worked with a shield equipped OR with the improved shield ability cast.. kinda give a little incentive to take/use that ability, and it sorta fits the lore and idea of it and all.

Really this will be fun for a fighter/wizard or maybe a chance to the warchanter to not die in a horrible form.
    but all this eldritch think it will workly perfectly in a new class, like the warlock. With the eldritch theurge

Default They gave us already some improvements.

Well I have an EK and I like playing it. I noticed today that Eldritch Strike does 0-2 dmg based on your spellsword-toggle. And I noticed that Eldritch Power also gives u 3d4 force dmg per hit affected by spellpower. Not sure was this planned or not but i really like it.

P.S If u dont like this prestige don't complain about it , try to help devs to improve it.