Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thud View Post
    Ah yea, responsibility for ones actions! Love to see it, since its so rare. Everyone is to busy pointing their finger instead of realizing that there are 3 pointing back.
    I point with my entire hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    You know a 1 hour ship buff like missing a kidney -5 to fort saves debuff for someone that gets banned when they get back would be very funny.
    Yeah..........well I wasn't serious about that, but i would be funny to do that so some people, and make them think thats what happened to them......then let em know it was a joke, the look on some peoples faces and their reactions would be sooooo lol.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-14-2013 at 02:16 AM.

You know they could give them a debuff, only active and counting down while in quests, that randomly rearranges all the buttons on their hot bars. Maybe even has them float around on the screan trying to avoid the cursor. That would be much more amusing.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    You know they could give them a debuff, only active and counting down while in quests, that randomly rearranges all the buttons on their hot bars. Maybe even has them float around on the screan trying to avoid the cursor. That would be much more amusing.
    I thought that stuff was just a game feature?

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLTS View Post
    While I actually agree with some of your post (i.e the grind) I can't quite get over this bit.

The exploit *does* hurt me. Not immediately, but inexorably.

I didn't exploit, so I missed out on some gear. Many people did exploit and got that gear. People complain that DDO is too easy, so the devs make quests harder to challenge the current average player with average gear.

The problem is that the gear average went up but my gear didn't.

So I run quests with my guild mates who also didn't exploit, and we have to settle for lower XP and Favor rewards, even if we never actually see an exploiter.

I'm not saying I'm out for a kidney or anything, but I think it's important to understand how this incident relates to game difficulty and widening the gap between player groups.

I'm not going to play more if exploiters get crucified, and I'm not going to play less if exploiters get pardons, but scaling the game such that I get even less reward for my grind most certainly has a major impact on my decisions where to spend my entertainment time and dollars.
    Nope. You didn't miss out on any gear. You weren't going to get that gear any faster before the exploit and you wouldn't be keeping that gear if you exploit-built it.

I apologize, but I cannot imagine why you would think you were missing out. I had no clue that the exploit was going on. Not through the AH, nor ASAH - not until I read about it in the forums. It didn't affect what I was selling, didn't slow down my gaming or leveling - in short, the exploit could be entirely made up for all I know. It was invisible to me.

I think they need to have it so that every toon that exploited shows a big red E floating over their heads, and not just every toon, but every toon on that account, current and that will be rolled up in the future, also any character being played from that IP address, this is very very important so people like thrud and norg wont have to face the *horror* of mingling unknowingly with the lower classes.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I think they need to have it so that every toon that exploited shows a big red E floating over their heads, and not just every toon, but every toon on that account, current and that will be rolled up in the future, also any character being played from that IP address, this is very very important so people like thrud and norg wont have to face the *horror* of mingling unknowingly with the lower classes.
    Am I the only person that'd get the "E" just because that sounds cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    only if you wear desecrated leathers and hang out at the bar of the wayward lobster.

only if you wear desecrated leathers and hang out at the bar of the wayward lobster.
    Well, I do wear a lot of leather, though not in the context you're implying

I'd want an E, I'm easy. Wait what are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    It may have went up, but it did not go up because of this exploit. Red Dragonscale was more for show then any real stats, and I myself have had 20 scales sitting in the bank for months now, I did not make a suite today for the same reason I have not made one in the past, it's not that great armor.

Now Loot-gen, gave a boots to the average player, giving easily 4 effects on a single suit of armor, 2 of which can be chosen, and be level proper, and 2 of which scale with your level, this all but invalidating all the older raid gear and hard to find items. The devs already pretty much killed the grind and spat on the efforts players had put in, in the past, with this current loot pass, When U20 hits, and there are even more options added, it will just serve to further devalue all named and raid gear, or worse, they will upgrade the raid gear, and force the players to grind it again, in either case, the players who earned their gear and items in the game already have gotten screwed over by the development staff themselves.

In light of that, this bug hurt no one, on any level.
    True, when they raised that level cap, all the raid gear we aquired became nice twink gear. (i never expected the old lv 20 gear to be relevant at 25)
    Sadly, the commendations gave everybody easy lv 20 gear, though i understand their choice, this too pull people into the epic packs.
    Problem was, being ready for epics meant more then just gear.
    Problem with the new trash loot system is that nobody needs all those named items to reach lv 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Heh, someone right now is running Shrould (7 of 10)... apparently he's filled 6 Shrouds already tonight... 7 of 10... makes me feel like it's 2009 again...
    I had to admit, after the dup feature i have seen way more lfm's up, most by inexperienced players (suddenly in dragonscale armor????)

You know what's sad though? The reason I didn't dupe is apathy, there's nothing in this game I cared enough about to put the effort in to dupe. The updates have made it where I didn't even feel the urge to cheat to get them because they're so poor.
    So true, the last few updates weren't that great, besides the epicfided gianthold pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Nice. I was almost there myself. I duped stuff just to test the limits mostly. My favorite two things that I duped were arrows in my quivers and star sapphires lol. Only reason I duped scales was to see what my characters would look like in them lol. I prefer having ooze guard so I actually use dragon touched still, so having the scales wouldn't even change anything for me.
    So you're the one running around oozing oozes on my server? lol

They should all wake up washed up on the beach on korthos, nekked, back at 28 points, missing a kidney with jeets leering over them........and on wayfinder...........................ok im evil I admit it.
    i agree on everything exept wayfinder, it's too severe.

Well, I do wear a lot of leather, though not in the context you're implying
    sight, all the bad updates and the crying treads made me so depresed that i can't even manage a cheap "San Fransisco/Amsterdam"joke
    Last edited by lyrecono; 10-14-2013 at 07:46 AM.

I'd want an E, I'm easy. Wait what are we talking about?
    2 beers?

Waitwhat?

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    As for quivers, ppl who do what you decribed arent taking advantage of anyone. They're using an approved mechanic thats available to everyone. Ppl are free to sell valuable stuff to vendors, free to buy valuable stuff from vendors and free to buy/sell whatever they want on the ah

Surprised i need to explain to you how thats different from using an exploit
    People who sell those quivers are scamming and taking advantage of their fellow players, mostly new players who don't know better, they are hurting people directly for a few paltry coins in their pocket.

Where an exploit hurts no one, and it's something the developers themselves put into the Live Build.

Yah, you have "explained" enough. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    True, when they raised that level cap, all the raid gear we aquired became nice twink gear. (i never expected the old lv 20 gear to be relevant at 25)
    Sadly, the commendations gave everybody easy lv 20 gear, though i understand their choice, this too pull people into the epic packs.
    Problem was, being ready for epics meant more then just gear.
    Problem with the new trash loot system is that nobody needs all those named items to reach lv 28.
    Yah, and that by the time you go through the effort to get the "raid" gear, you most likely have comparable if not in some cases better loot-gen already.

I often wonder if it would justify the grind for Dragonscale armor if is was cosmetic only, LOL.

I forgot who said it but, to coin a phrase:

Raid gear is Dead, Long Live Loot gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    I hope the above is sarcasm.
    Why? The game is P2C already. Why not Pay to cheat more?

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Nope. You didn't miss out on any gear. You weren't going to get that gear any faster before the exploit and you wouldn't be keeping that gear if you exploit-built it.

I apologize, but I cannot imagine why you would think you were missing out.
    The assumption, I think, is that the enforcement is so lackluster that the exploiters will get to keep most of their exploited gains after a slap on the wrist.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    People who sell those quivers are scamming and taking advantage of their fellow players, mostly new players who don't know better, they are hurting people directly for a few paltry coins in their pocket.

Where an exploit hurts no one, and it's something the developers themselves put into the Live Build.
    Sigh...nope... Please re-read previous post

Gee, hard to see how Turbine would have missed the point. I have been in and out of the forums, barely in the game during the latest exploit. But it seemed to me I saw nothing but, "Off with their heads" posts about how to handle exploiters. And then the inevitable wrist slap happens and people want to post threads complaining about getting called out for cheating. How could the Turbine devs not miss the point? Especially given that everyone wants to post different points.

Personally, I think its this post should be changed to "exploiters miss the big picture." I remember the old game genie from nintendo. Sure, I could cheat myself up a full on invincible Samus with wicked cool weapons and blow pixelated graphics all over the place. But that got real boring real fast compared to the challenge of beating the game without cheating. So if you're tired of the grind the solution isn't to cheat so you can get a shiney piece of computer code that everyone else will have and which honestly adds little and may only extend your enjoyable gamelife a little bit. Its to play another game, or at least find something about this game other than the grind that you like.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    Aside from that, why do you think "punishment" will have any positive effect?
    Every MMO punishes people for duping. It breaks the economy, and costs the company money and players. The positive effect of "public" punishments is that less people will exploit the NEXT bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Every MMO punishes people for duping. It breaks the economy, and costs the company money and players. The positive effect of "public" punishments is that less people will exploit the NEXT bug.
    2 weeks to save how long in shroud/FoT/CiTW for various ingredients/comms?

Next duping exploit, well.. Cya in 2 weeks.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast