Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    LOL, and what Punishment did people suffer for the Bloodstone scam?

Or the people that sell quivers on the AH for plats when they get the quivers from vendor for silvers, those people are taking advantage of other players, where is their reckoning?
    Why should any previous exploit punishment affect this time? Turbine admitted they didnt handle the punishments properly in the past and are trying to handle it better this time. Who would be against that?

As for quivers, ppl who do what you decribed arent taking advantage of anyone. They're using an approved mechanic thats available to everyone. Ppl are free to sell valuable stuff to vendors, free to buy valuable stuff from vendors and free to buy/sell whatever they want on the ah

Surprised i need to explain to you how thats different from using an exploit

OMG!!! you mean you dont have your pinion and your 2 1handed citw melee weapons fully upgraded yet? NOOB!!!!! Or your dragon scale? NOOB!!!!

but I haven't had the time to run enough fot to get all those thats like what? 60+ runs to even have a hope of that, thats almost half a year of grind!!!

Buy raid bypasses noob!!!

But I cant afford that many!!

Get a job noob!!!

Why didn't you just you know wave your hand in the air and make those coms magically appear like all the smart people did noob?

Poor stupid noob!!!

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default How come it was fixed so fast compared to other bugs?

It is better that it was fixed! This bug jeopardized profits! This bug was fixed very fast!

Why do all other bugs still persist? Answer: This bug was fixed with the utmost attention! It involved actual real money!

I wish all the other bugs could have this, "where is the Fire", attitude applied to them, without having a real threat. But for some reason they get yawned at.

They would all be fixed within a week if the same thing happened to the rest of the bugs. Fix the small stuff like it was just as important. They proved they have the know how.

I wonder if anyone understands this as I do.

I wonder if I made Dev blush?

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    It is better that it was fixed! This bug jeopardized profits! This bug was fixed very fast!

Why do all other bugs still persist? Answer: This bug was fixed with the utmost attention! It involved actual real money!

I wish all the other bugs could have this, "where is the Fire", attitude applied to them, without having a real threat. But for some reason they get yawned at.

They would all be fixed within a week if the same thing happened to the rest of the bugs. Fix the small stuff like it was just as important. They proved they have the know how.

I wonder if anyone understands this as I do.

I wonder if I made Dev blush?
    They prob did make some $ as people rushed to buy more bags to stash their ill gotten loot, also made a run for more Astral diamond shards they tried to get ads's to buy the cheap stuff on adah while it was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0AcmE View Post
    Per Tolero:

"While we're not able to comment on specific/individual action regarding what's become of particular accounts, I can speak in general terms regarding the type of issues we are investigating...

- 14 days is the minimum. Some may end up extending longer (or permanent) based on severity.
    - Accounts that return from their break will have a significantly reduced inventory, as items are being removed from the characters with extreme prejudice. "

I wonder, did the Devs ever wonder why 80% (educated guess) or more of entire server populations were taking advantage of the latest server exploit or do they just believe that most of their client base are "evil" cheaters out ruin the world?

Did you "the Devs" ever consider that this is just mass emotional explosion from the populace crying out "We're so over the grind!".

Should we the players truly be asked to grind a single quest over 200 plus times (another educated guess) to upgrade a single raid item to enjoy?

Seriously this is a game (although a business too) and I for the life of me can't really see who got hurt here? So the DDO IN GAME economy took a dive, its digital currency, its make believe!!! I know turbine didn't take a hit financially, they made out like bandits, is Turbine going to return all the money for points bought during this time to purchase bags and shards, I HIGHLY doubt it.

In reality you had a server population that had never been more alive, we were able to craft freely, upgraded items they would have had to wait months or longer for. Truth be told I had never been happier playing DDO then during the last several days, it was a true joy.

DDO is truly a remarkable game, some of the design aspects are second to none, the graphics are without equal. But if you the Devs continue to go down this path you are going to alienate your fan base/customers (the people that pay your salaries) and then what will you be left with?
    Most people did not take advantage of the exploits as you put it. Players should not cheat end of story.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Players should not cheat end of story.
    I disagree.

Players should not cheat fellow players.
    They should, however, feel free to cheat the system.
    If/when they cheat the system, they should not whine about the punishment, as it is the cost of cheating.

As far as gaming goes, that is my belief. It is pretty much a core tenant of power gaming(and probably lawyers, salesmen, insurace angents, and many other real life professions as well.), imho, if you think about it. Though I expect most would vociferously disagree with me on that.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 10-13-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Most people did not take advantage of the exploits as you put it. Players should not cheat end of story.
    I don't think it was people angry with the direction the game was going that tempted to them to dupe stuff, it was the temptation to get stuff and the fact that in the past people did so with no consequences besides a slap on the wrist which emboldened people to go ahead and dupe.

Most of the people who where that disillusioned with the game where not even around, or didn't even bother to log back in to do it, if that. imho. And if they where that disillusioned with the game that they did dupe, then get caught why would they be then upset about it? I think they would just shrug their shoulders, water off a ducks back as they had *already* reached the point of not really caring in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    I disagree.

If/when they cheat the system, they should not whine about the punishment, as it is the cost of cheating.

As far as gaming goes, that is my belief. It is pretty much a core tenant of power gaming(and probably lawyers, salesmen, insurace angents, and many other real life professions as well.), imho, if you think about it. Though I expect most would vociferously disagree with me on that.
    yeah but in the case of lawyers they would whine if they thought it would give them better bargaining power or they would play the stoic tragic heroe bravely facing the music it that instead would lead to a better outcome.........lol.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-13-2013 at 10:09 PM.

I disagree.

As far as gaming goes, that is my belief. It is pretty much a core tenant of power gaming(and probably lawyers, salesmen, insurace angents...
    Nothing has made me feel better about NOT cheating the system..

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I don't think it was people angry with the direction the game was going that tempted to them to dupe stuff, it was the temptation to get stuff and the fact that in the past people did so with no consequences besides a slap on the wrist which emboldened people to go ahead and dupe.

Most of the people who where that disillusioned with the game where not even around, or didn't even bother to log back in to do it, if that. imho. And if they where that disillusioned with the game that they did dupe, then get caught why would they be then upset about it? I think they would just shrug their shoulders, water off a ducks back as they had *already* reached the point of not really caring in the first place.
    This describes me, so I think you have something there.

yeah but in the case of lawyers they would whine if they thought it would give them better bargaining power or they would play the stoic tragic heroe bravely facing the music it that instead would lead to a better outcome.........lol.
    Well I meant only the line about cheating the system being a core tenant lol. I am pretty sure many of those I mentioned are actually religious about whining, especially power gamers.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    Nothing has made me feel better about NOT cheating the system..
    hehehe
    Matt Walsh:

I disagree.

you cheat the system you cheat yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    And the irony about the mass bans that were handed out is THAT negatively affected DDO far more than the exploit itself. The people who weren't banned might as well have been banned because there are so few people around right now that grouping is impossible. It was difficult finding groups before, now it's a ghost town. Also, given Turbine's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if many people end up losing items they legitimately obtained.
    30 LFMs on Thelanis tonight... I found 3 LFMs doing stuff I wanted to do, and they filled fast. Just like before the bans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    you cheat the system you cheat yourself.
    That is trite, and wrong. I have seen you make better arguments than that, so I know you can do better.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 10-13-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Matt Walsh:

That is trite, and wrong. I have seen you make better arguments than that, so I know you can do better.
    Someone who cheats at poker or Monopoly or golf or Candyland or an MMO or when selling cars or insurance is diminished.
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Someone who cheats at poker or Monopoly or golf or Candyland or an MMO or when selling cars or insurance is diminished.
    How?

Explain please?

If they get away with it, and don't ever get caught how are they diminished? Big man upstairs keeping score? I don't cheat, well not seriously intending to get away with it, to win, but thats just me, I might feel guilty about it if I did, but then again thats just me. Other people most likely feel no guilt, and see nothing wrong with cheating so how are they going to be *diminished*? If they are not caught and profit from this behaviour?

Ive cheated in board games or cards just to see the look on my opponents face....that confused look is priceless, even though I own up and forfeit the match anyway its all in good fun. Heck even had people I know well cheat me in drunken pool matches, no money is on the line, and they know I know what they are doing and we just have a laugh, is this the case where someone is diminished?
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-13-2013 at 11:39 PM.

think about it. its an old saying.

Ive cheated in board games or cards just to see the look on my opponents face....that confused look is priceless, even though I own up and forfeit the match anyway its all in good fun.
    Why do you own up and forfeit the match?

You've answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0AcmE View Post
    Seriously this is a game (although a business too) and I for the life of me can't really see who got hurt here?
    So don't worry about it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    30 LFMs on Thelanis tonight... I found 3 LFMs doing stuff I wanted to do, and they filled fast. Just like before the bans.
    30.. I've never seen such an amount..

They do still appear if the creator /squelched me, right?

Let me ask you this. How often would you play with someone who cheated at games all the time and didn't "own up"? Even though games "don't matter"?

Or a better question... How much fun would games be if everyone cheated? How many times would playing Risk or Monopoly or basketball be fun if no one playing followed any rules at all?

Seriously... think about it... How many times would you play Risk if everyone cheated as much as they wanted? How much fun could it possibly be?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast