Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    30.. I've never seen such an amount..

They do still appear if the creator /squelched me, right?
    Heh, someone right now is running Shrould (7 of 10)... apparently he's filled 6 Shrouds already tonight... 7 of 10... makes me feel like it's 2009 again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Heh, someone right now is running Shrould (7 of 10)... apparently he's filled 6 Shrouds already tonight... 7 of 10... makes me feel like it's 2009 again...
    I did that a while back. Did 12 over a night and some amount of the morning... Suffice to say, I didn't sleep that day.
    Wasn't exactly at the top of my game the next day, but I'd TR'd, and.. low levels, who cares

saw one of those on Khyber about a week ago. hadn't seen those since raid timer bypass first came out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    Why should any previous exploit punishment affect this time? Turbine admitted they didnt handle the punishments properly in the past and are trying to handle it better this time. Who would be against that?
    And what sensible person believes that it's appropriate or desirable to have businesses dishing out "punishments", rather than focussing on the product?

Aside from that, why do you think "punishment" will have any positive effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    I disagree.

Players should not cheat fellow players.
    They should, however, feel free to cheat the system.
    If/when they cheat the system, they should not whine about the punishment, as it is the cost of cheating.

As far as gaming goes, that is my belief. It is pretty much a core tenant of power gaming(and probably lawyers, salesmen, insurace angents, and many other real life professions as well.), imho, if you think about it. Though I expect most would vociferously disagree with me on that.
    I do not cheat and look down on those that do. If it is a grind that I do not want to do I will not do it. Cheating to ease a grind = weaksauce.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

How much fun would games be if everyone cheated?
    If everyone is cheating, it (general "it" not specific) is still every bit a contest of skill and/or wit... and a lot of fun. I know this from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    think about it. its an old saying.
    Most old sayings are trite, and many are flat wrong. Being and old saying does not make it correct. And for the record, I did think about it. While I don't expect you to agree, I would say that if you thought about it, you could figure out why it is wrong. Personally in the time it took me to write this I thought of four, no five ways to argue it being either right or wrong.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 10-14-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I do not cheat and look down on those that do. If it is a grind that I do not want to do I will not do it. Cheating to ease a grind = weaksauce.
    You lose your moral high ground when you look down on others that do not share your belief. The idea that only the way you believe is the only way to be right should have gone out with the inquisition.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 10-14-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Someone who cheats at poker or Monopoly or golf or Candyland or an MMO or when selling cars or insurance is diminished.
    Umm no those selling something and cheat if they don't get caught make a lot of money, more is not less.
    Let me ask you this. How often would you play with someone who cheated at games all the time and didn't "own up"? Even though games "don't matter"?

Or a better question... How much fun would games be if everyone cheated? How many times would playing Risk or Monopoly or basketball be fun if no one playing followed any rules at all?

Seriously... think about it... How many times would you play Risk if everyone cheated as much as they wanted? How much fun could it possibly be?
    I assume everyone will cheat to win and watch accordingly every game. It's human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Yes and paying to ease a grind that's a great thing
    /hypocrisy

You lose your moral high ground when you look down on others that do not share your belief. The idea that only the way you believe is the only way to be right should have gone out with the inquisition.
    Why do you think some of us have been calling this a witch-hunt?

Why do you own up and forfeit the match?

You've answered your own question.
    Because I don't really care about *winning* and I am just playing for/want to have fun?

You didn't answer my questions at all.

How is someone who cheats and is not caught diminished?

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Why do you think some of us have been calling this a witch-hunt?
    Lol I still wouldn't call it a witch hunt. None of the witch hunters here are actually capable of doing the witches and harm at all. All they can do is spout their self-righteous, holier-than-thou, dogmatic feces, and hope it brings us to tears when we read it. The sound (figurative) of their impotent attempts to make me feel guilty is music to my soul.

The only thing amusing me more (okay its really about equal) are the witches preaching their own innocence. That stuff is just too funny.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 10-14-2013 at 01:38 AM.
    Matt Walsh:

Lol I still wouldn't call it a witch hunt. None of the witch hunters here are actually capable of doing the witches and harm at all. All they can do is spout their self-righteous, holier-than-thou, dogmatic feces, and hope it brings us to tears when we read it. The sound (figurative) of their impotent attempts to make me feel guilty is music to my soul.

The only thing amusing me more (okay its really about equal) are the witches preaching their own innocence. That stuff is just too funny.
    You know what's sad though? The reason I didn't dupe is apathy, there's nothing in this game I cared enough about to put the effort in to dupe. The updates have made it where I didn't even feel the urge to cheat to get them because they're so poor.

You know what's sad though? The reason I didn't dupe is apathy, there's nothing in this game I cared enough about to put the effort in to dupe. The updates have made it where I didn't even feel the urge to cheat to get them because they're so poor.
    Nice. I was almost there myself. I duped stuff just to test the limits mostly. My favorite two things that I duped were arrows in my quivers and star sapphires lol. Only reason I duped scales was to see what my characters would look like in them lol. I prefer having ooze guard so I actually use dragon touched still, so having the scales wouldn't even change anything for me.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 10-14-2013 at 01:46 AM.
    Matt Walsh:

I can't claim that. I would've loved to dupe some comms of heroism, but I was too late..

Oh well, back to leveling those other toons I have. Nothing like a alleviating the boredom through leveling 5 casters at once. (For future multiboxing at epics, of course. Sick of grinding out loot like normal people.)

I can't claim that. I would've loved to dupe some comms of heroism, but I was too late..

Oh well, back to leveling those other toons I have. Nothing like a alleviating the boredom through leveling 5 casters at once. (For future multiboxing at epics, of course. Sick of grinding out loot like normal people.)
    Lol the coms are prob the only thing that *really* tempted me.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Lol the coms are prob the only thing that *really* tempted me.
    Yup. Maybe some challenge ings, but.. only if comms would work. In for a (sexy) penny, in for the pound.

Or maybe just a modest amount of heroic comms.. ah well. Speculation is meh.

Yup. Maybe some challenge ings, but.. only if comms would work. In for a (sexy) penny, in for the pound.

If only they made the damn things BTA I would seriously upgrade/ tr some of my toons, maybe make them a healer/kiter, even tanks to farm FOT, or if that would just make things to easy do somethign about the drop rate for coms in citw, you get your citw weapon/weapons then.........why ever go in there again? You like spiders? Oh ok..........massive boobies? oh ok..........

I made a bunch of challenge stuff. Found out some interesting things about them that likely need to get fixed. I'll even share the info with turbine if I still have the items when I get back. I am pretty sure I won't be sharing that info though.
    Matt Walsh:

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    That would actually be a really good idea. Having people gone for 14 days does nothing beneficial for Turbine nor the players (we non-cheaters don't benefit from having the servers be more empty than usual). Letting people pay to bypass their ban would benefit everyone.
    I hope the above is sarcasm.

They should all wake up washed up on the beach on korthos, nekked, back at 28 points, missing a kidney with jeets leering over them........and on wayfinder...........................ok im evil I admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    They should all wake up washed up on the beach on korthos, nekked, back at 28 points, missing a kidney with jeets leering over them........and on wayfinder...........................ok im evil I admit it.
    You know a 1 hour ship buff like missing a kidney -5 to fort saves debuff for someone that gets banned when they get back would be very funny.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast