Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    So are you saying exploiters were acting out to get attention?

I agree that the devs need to make adjustments with grind and drop rates but exploiting is not the answer. The last exploit was was so commonly known and used because of the "exploit early and often" mentality with no real fear of punishment. Its about time Turbine cracked down.
    Or, it might be because the game has gone so far down in quality that a lot of people simply dont care if they get banned anymore. For several days the servers, banks, and auction houses were busy while lots of people clearly had some good times.
    The huge effort made to try and intimidate people, mess with inventory, etc, rather than address the issue head on as a QA problem is just the latest in a long line of abject failures - not just in business functionality, but creativity, etc.

Nobody at Turbine company is having fun any more. There's certainly no exitement or enthusiasm. Go watch the videos from the GW2 developers, then watch some of the stuff put out by Tolero and the others. Contrast is amazing.

I wonder how many of the banned folks will just reverse any CC charges and write off their accounts? I'll bet there were several already over the fiasco that was the latest "expansion" and the "enhancement pass" + the other great ideas like loot homoginizing, etc.

As to the issues of "morality", etc; there simply isn't any because this is a fantasyland - just opinions. The BS eulas that get crammed down everyone's throats also means that everyone's conduct was perfectly legal, so this is the end of it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Thats not loss to DDO, you will still buy or have bought packs.. all you did was change which pocket you are filling.
    chances are you were planning to drop VIP anyway like many other players.
    Trying to make this look like a line in the sand is laughable.. its a game.
    That is not necessarily accurate. If you level a character from 1 to 20 using the once and done method of doing a single run of each quest on elite you will end up with at least 3200 favor (which rewards 800 tp). Thus anyone that is willing to TR on even an occasional basis can easily afford to play the game completely for free from now until the end of the game as long as they have most of the content. Anyone that has been a VIP for a while should have enough TP saved up to buy enough content to easily play this way. Continuing to stay VIP is a sign that you like the direction of the game and want to support it. Cancelling is your way of showing that you dislike the direction and are done supporting the game. This is truly the only way to voice an opinion that can be heard (since it speaks with money rather than words).
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

But...but...but...it's not my fault! You made me do it!

Whaaaaa!!!

I hate you!

Whaaaa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I wonder how much money Turbine would stand to make off this, if everyone that used the exploit bought at least the $19.99 Dollar point code, as a "Cheaters Remorse".

I think it would be a funny thing to ponder, seeing the bean counters going "what did you do? DO IT AGAIN!"
    Ban timer bypasses

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    Ban timer bypasses
    That would actually be a really good idea. Having people gone for 14 days does nothing beneficial for Turbine nor the players (we non-cheaters don't benefit from having the servers be more empty than usual). Letting people pay to bypass their ban would benefit everyone.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Ban timer bypasses
    There's a guy in sales who's head just shot up and said "I have a great idea"

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Bread is raw toast.

There's also the recipe where bread is a component of PB&J rations. (See also: Store item of convenience, the squeezable jelly bottle.)

Ban timer bypasses
    That's just... *facepalm-of-acceptance* ... ingenious. Bypass anything short of a perma-ban. Heh.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 10-11-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    There's also the recipe where bread is a component of PB&J rations. (See also: Store item of convenience, the squeezable jelly bottle.)

That's just... *facepalm-of-acceptance* ... ingenious. Bypass anything short of a perma-ban. Heh.
    perma-ban bypasses just cost more, if your going to do it, go all the way.

Exclamation Shame Turbine shame shame shame

You know what i just find totaly amazing. The fact that everyone is complaining about the economy in the game and what this "exploit" did . Lets see who benifited from all this shal we.

John Q player ( bought things extremly cheap via AH or SH , made armors from said purchases ,weps, items)

The Exploiter ( made cash, got items, weps, astral shards)

TURBINE: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from all the sales from differnet bags to astra shards

Now who got screwed over ?
    Proud Officer of Eternal Faith!
    Any Icu toon ( to many to list )

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ICU View Post
    You know what i just find totaly amazing. The fact that everyone is complaining about the economy in the game and what this "exploit" did . Lets see who benifited from all this shal we.

John Q player ( bought things extremly cheap via AH or SH , made armors from said purchases ,weps, items)

The Exploiter ( made cash, got items, weps, astral shards)

TURBINE: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from all the sales from differnet bags to astra shards

Now who got screwed over ?
    Just because a drug dealer spreads his money around to honest businesses and people doesn't excuse him for being a drug dealer. And just because the police confiscate his money and drugs when he's caught doesn't make them the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    Just because a drug dealer spreads his money around to honest businesses and people doesn't excuse him for being a drug dealer. And just because the police confiscate his money and drugs when he's caught doesn't make them the bad guys.
    Depends on the situation, was a it a california medical dispensory that was selling to those with terminal cancer to help with their hospice care? Did the federal government bring charges and confiscate? In that case I'd say the feds were 100% the bad guys. There is almost always grey.

Lmao man you are really comparing drugs to a GAME ( a game in which u pay real money for fake stuff )
    This is just a game in which everyone made out, but yet some peeps did not either know how to or failed to tdo it in time run and cry and complaing ohhhh they are ruining the economy ( Oh know its the end off ddo as we know it) NOT!!
    Proud Officer of Eternal Faith!
    Any Icu toon ( to many to list )

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Depends on the situation, was a it a california medical dispensory that was selling to those with terminal cancer to help with their hospice care? Did the federal government bring charges and confiscate? In that case I'd say the feds were 100% the bad guys. There is almost always grey.
    I'd say "move to Colorado" then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    I'd say "move to Colorado" then.
    Actually the situation is possible in colorado too, this current president hasn't been pushing federal agents to prosecute, but previous ones did. Since california was where it was legal at that time it made the better analogy.

The point being there are almost always fringe cases where even the most basic things aren't black and white but grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Actually the situation is possible in colorado too, this current president hasn't been pushing federal agents to prosecute, but previous ones did. Since california was where it was legal at that time it made the better analogy.

The point being there are almost always fringe cases where even the most basic things aren't black and white but grey.
    Since pot is now legal in Colorado, it would depend on just how much, and any licenses. Surely there are shades of grey, such as one in Cali selling to just anyone, in which case, they are no better than a street pusher.

Community Member

The horrible analogies on this forum just keep on coming.

You DO realize that it's a fact that the drug war nonsense you're spouting there was initiatiated for the purposes of controling the darker races, eroding civil liberties, and to permit policing for profit? The tremendous waste of taxpayer dollars on this rathole of a policy, and harms associated with prohibition (inclusive of the prison industrial complex, industry capture of all levels of government, and corruption generally - not to mention destroying and disenfranchising millions of families) are also far and away much worse than anything caused by the drugs themselves.

A few simple google searches would do wonders for your education on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    The horrible analogies on this forum just keep on coming.

You DO realize that it's a fact that the drug war nonsense you're spouting there was initiatiated for the purposes of controling the darker races, eroding civil liberties, and to permit policing for profit? The tremendous waste of taxpayer dollars on this rathole of a policy, and harms associated with prohibition (inclusive of the prison industrial complex, industry capture of all levels of government, and corruption generally - not to mention destroying and disenfranchising millions of families) are also far and away much worse than anything caused by the drugs themselves.

A few simple google searches would do wonders for your education on this topic.
    As would the last 35 years of my life, watching friends and family fall prey to those "harmless" drugs. To be honest, I am eternally grateful to the local parole board for continuing to pass me over for parole in the late 80s and early 90s, when my circle of friends discovered cocaine. They likely saved my life. It's a sad truth that there are 5 people from my school days that ran in my circle of friends that are still alive today.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    As would the last 35 years of my life, watching friends and family fall prey to those "harmless" drugs. To be honest, I am eternally grateful to the local parole board for continuing to pass me over for parole in the late 80s and early 90s, when my circle of friends discovered cocaine. They likely saved my life. It's a sad truth that there are 5 people from my school days that ran in my circle of friends that are still alive today.
    Oh, I don't disagree that there's a certain (small) percentage of addicted-inclined humans out there. See http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/....H1mRZ7uK.dpbs

It's just that the methodology of criminalizing everything to try and "solve" the problem is ineffective at best, and causes a huge amount of extra social harm.

Are you seriously going to try and tell me that some other methodology besides a (very costly to the taxpayers) prison term wouldn't have helped you early on? Also, serveral of my pals since my youthful days have passed from alcohol and tobacco-related illness - should we have put them in prison as well? Why aren't the tobacco "pushers" in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    Oh, I don't disagree that there's a certain (small) percentage of addicted-inclined humans out there. See http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/....H1mRZ7uK.dpbs

It's just that the methodology of criminalizing everything to try and "solve" the problem is ineffective at best, and causes a huge amount of extra social harm.

Are you seriously going to try and tell me that some other methodology besides a (very costly to the taxpayers) prison term wouldn't have helped you early on? Also, serveral of my pals since my youthful days have passed from alcohol and tobacco-related illness - should we have put them in prison as well? Why aren't the tobacco "pushers" in prison?
    What I am going to tell you is that with my addictive personality, I would have likely gotten hooked and may have died. Nobody can say for sure, but knowing me, and knowing that my addictions are now firmly fixed on games, which is a lot safer, btw, it's extremely possible, if not likely. Yes, these programs mostly aren't worth the paper they are written on, but claiming that the drugs do less harm than the programs is, in my experience, not exactly true. By the time I finally got out of prison, over half of my long term friends were dead, and I'll grant you that that number isn't very high, but it was high enough to discourage me from ever stepping into that scene.

I thought tolero's post was great. Seems very fair to me. Anybody who was doing this must have known this was coming, right? I cant imagine anyone figured they were really just gonna make all this stuff and just live happily ever after in candyland.

I don't know where all the anger comes from. Its not like the police are coming. If i had done this and was now banned, id just laugh it off. Hey, we had fun and we got caught. Oh well

I keep seeing exploiters wonder why everyone is so worked up over pretend money in a game. But then i wonder why they're so upset when it gets taken away

Even if this exploit was entirely harmless, i think its important to send a message to hopefully make some people think twice next time, in case that one truly is game-breaking

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast