I'll agree that the Mage Armor/Shield enhancements appear to be in contrast with the armor/shield proficiency and ASF reduction enhancements, and the tree is therefore bloated by these contradictory enhancements that few people are likely to want both of. Maybe combine them into a multi-picker? Mage Armor or Armor proficiency and ASF reduction/Shield or Shield proficiency and ASF reduction?
The core enhancements look incredibly dull. Compare those to the Arcane Archer Elemental Arrow imbues. That's what they should be mimicking--a line of enhancements going up the tiers with a tier 5 capper that improves them or builds on them (maybe allows two to be active at once?).
The PrE definitely needs some bonus on to-hit. Maybe stick +2 attack in each of the core abilities?
I'm also kind of disappointed to not see an ability allowing the usage of Int/Cha for at the very least attack, if not also damage, with a group of weapons. This could be all weapons, or weapons tied to the aforementioned combat style selection (two-handed weapons, one-handed weapons, one-handed weapons and shields), or could have a requirement of Weapon Focus and then a Kensei-style enhancement to narrow down you selection.
True, have to be careful though, don't want to turn them into fighters with spells. They need to have a disadvantage somewhere.
Join Date: Nov 2009
I don't have a zerging problem.
I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.
1. So is there any shenanigans involving the doublestrike only working with a single handed weapon or anything like that?
2. When are we going to finally see some damn racial PrEs? I could totally use this PrE to make a fun melee artificer.
Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
- Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
- One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
- Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
- Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.
Did a interesting test...the spellsword damage enhancements stack with AA ones.
definitely need a way to get the 11 bab feats before 21. Hopefully the temp HP idea can be expanded on. Wizards can always bite off of the pale master tree for some extra hp and con Sorc are not so lucky.
Last edited by Exiledtyrant; 10-12-2013 at 03:18 AM.
The core enhancement toggles don't work with throwing weapons. Even though they say it works on equipped weapons. If they are not meant to work on ranged weapons at all the description should be clarified. I see a lot more Tukaw Builds coming with this enhancement tree.
The enhancements that reduce ASF are not effecting Warforged in Adamantine armour
The Arcane Barrier requires 3 levels of Wizard in the Sorcerer tree?!
At least I hope these are bugs......
Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill
I'm feeling pretty good about swapping my 34AP from Air Savant to Eldritch Knight right about now Although my Energy Burst will lose a little in terms of explosiveness, I'll actually gain more in terms of Defenses, Doublestrike and of ocurse, MOAR Electric Damage (Eldritch Strike with Electric Spellsword!). Eldritch Storm looks pretty interesting too...
I'm just working out how to get Force, Electric and Devotion spell power onto my accessories, as my weapons are ear-marked out purely for DPS... Flawless Blue, EE Belt of the Seven Ideals and Halcyon Boots are my starting points but seeing downsides to all three over what I already have...
The Theorybuild AuthorOfficer of Ghallanda Re-Rolled
This is just a theory but consider PDK 16/2/2 sorcerer/paladin/rogue or monk. Rogue gives you evasion and UMD. 2 paladin gives you divine grace and LOH. 16 sorcerer...well that's obvious. PDK gives charisma to hit and damage with select weapons. So you can go full charisma and get decent dcs, decent to hit and damage, and with divine grace insane saves. Thru the roof umd. Evasion. PRR will be an issue as well as AC.However displacement will help. For feats assume rogue for the umd. That gives 7 heroic feats.
drop great cleave and pick up quicken or heighten as a possibility.
Here's what I'm thinking
Core 1 Eldritch Strike (gets better with each core) +0.5 USP and +1 Force Power per pt spent
Core 3 Cha or Int Atk/DMG(multi-selector to try avoiding bugs of only one working)
Core 6 Spellsword(choosing element works like Elemental Weapons or Resist Energy)
Core 12 Tensers Toggle
Core 18 Heavy Armor Prof & Tower Shield Prof
Core 20 Immunity to ASF, +25 Force SP, +2 Int or Cha
- Improved Mage Armor OR Light/Medium Armor Prof and ASF Reduction
- Item Defense: 25%/50%/75% to negate item wear
- Toughness: 5/10/15 HP
- Battlemage: +1 Concen/Intim/Balance
- Improved Shield OR General Shield Proficiency and ASF Reduction
- TWF, THF, Shield Mastery or Eldritch Combatant (bonus when using 1-handed weapon and wizard orb) multi-selector choose one
- Martial Weapon Prof & 3/6/10% Doublestrike
- Wand and Scroll Mastery +25/50/75% & +1/2/3 DC
- +1 Any Stat
- Improved Battle Mage (Feats treat you as if you were an equal level fighter and have full BAB for the purpose of pre-reqs)
- Eldritch Barrier (SLA similar to Arty's Radiant Force Shield...cooldown 12min/6min/3min seconds duration 30 seconds + 6 seconds per level...Metas: Quicken & Extend)
- ITWF, ITHF, Improved Shield Mastery or Improved Eldritch Combatant (multi-selector choose one)
- + 1 Any Stats
- Force Feedback (5/10/15% chance to do Force damage on-hit w/ knockdown effect)
- Still Spell (-5/10/15% Spell Failure)
- GTWF, GTHF, Improved Shield Bash or Perfect Eldritch Combatant (multi-selector choose one)
- Master Battlemage (Doubles the effectiveness of the Extend Metamagic...requires Extend)
- Improved Tenser's Toggle (reduces penalties and increase benefits)
- Eldritch Tempest
Not really sure what to do with the Eldritch Combatant but following other prestige classes would work.
Maybe something like this
EC: +X to enhancement bonus for the Wizard Orb and your 1-handed weapon
IEC: +1 to Crit range, Any 1-handed weapon is treated as a implement
PEC: Allow Spellpower to apply to your weapon effects.
X= no idea, any suggestions...maybe 1/4 character level?
Maybe limit to 1-h "Sword-like" weapons?? (Longsword,Shortsword, B-Sword, and Scimitar)
Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-13-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Originally Posted by Cordovan
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload