Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Devs,

Please let us choose the RAID before the reward list is given from the box.

If you're trying to fix your mistake you need to let people get their reward from the proper raid they missed. Make a genie who pops up with each raids list and then let us pick from that. It's only fair.
    Being able to choose would be sweet. Litany of the Dead for everybody.

A nice idea, though IMO the most inclusive option for it would be to have it in 2 stages - the 1st stage is a turn-in to choose the raid you want items from, and the 2nd stage would give a list appropriate to that raid.. you could even have a "shroud special" version which would include, say, 5 of each ingredient plus a cleansing essence - that way everyone could get whichever elusive bit of gear they want, or be able to make a nice greensteel thingy.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Not too technically complicated in other words quick and dirty, the problem with quick and dirty is that its going to totally crush CitW LFM'S and the raid will become instantly Titan-like in popularity.

If they offer a selection of raids it spreads the impact out, instead of killing all desire to run 1 raid.

BTW anyone else expect to see shroud and pikers fate surge in popularity over the next week or two as everyone tries to get all their alts a raid completion to get a box? I have at least 4 mid/high level alts that need a raid completion and shroud/reaver is the logical candidate.
    This might have the opposite affect. Since so many people will now have CITW weapons, they will need comms to upgrade them. Making CITW and Fall of Truth needed more then ever. Yes Fall of Truth is easier but a lot of people do not like buying raid bypass timers. Also it might make it that much easier for some to get that secondary CITW weapon they want. More CITW weapons might be up for roll in the quest.

but then again you may be right the we may never see another CITW raid again
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJgrubb / Gijo

Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    ummmmm.......they just did.

And in other news....i'm gettin a cleaver...i'm getttin a cleaver...i'm gettin a cleaver

thnx
    pinion, pinion, pinion whew hew!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    This might have the opposite affect. Since so many people will now have CITW weapons, they will need comms to upgrade them. Making CITW and Fall of Truth needed more then ever. Yes Fall of Truth is easier but a lot of people do not like buying raid bypass timers. Also it might make it that much easier for some to get that secondary CITW weapon they want. More CITW weapons might be up for roll in the quest.

i'd want double celeste on rogue, ranger, etc. but yes it may see some decrease unless they bump up the com rate. or people take the 5 coms instead knowing that others will have the weapons they need.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Thinking about it, I reckon it'll have a positive effect on the number of those raids being run & it could also encourage more £££s for Turbine (yes, I'm from the UK £££s are money), as all i bet there'll be a lot of premium players who don't have MOTU, or Gianthold etc. but hey, if they've done one of the other raids tho, and get this shiny piece of loot...and can see all the others there too (since there are likely large numbers of people who never look at the forums, or even the wiki)... well, then they'll want to be able to upgrade it, maybe get other nice things for subsequent characters which will mean needing to buy those packs.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

1. Quick DQ, Shroud, or VoD to flag for Raider's box.
    2. Grab free CitW weapon.
    3. Profit!

Last edited by Alavatar; 10-14-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Default Really??

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Yeah, I really hate to look a gift-horse in the mouth, but I can't help thinking this would have been better if they had made it function similarly to Raid Bypass Timers:

Consume it, and then you are "flagged" to receive a 20th list from any one raid. You go talk to the quest giver for any raid twice (or only once, if you have already picked up the raid or someone shared it), so that you pick up the quest on the first talk and then the second time you talk it completes the raid and awards you a 20th list.
    Okay, this is a terrible idea, and it will probably only screw things up more. I would much rather have a sure thing than possibly getting a **** list. No reason to complicate things. The way they are doing it is perfectly fine. Since most of the overall screw-ups with raid counters were related to CITW, I am satisfied with the resolution. I do think that it would be nice for people that were screwed out of other raid 20ths, to give an option to which raid the reward will come from.

Community Member

Default I hope that they (the devs) really think this through and provide usable guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Ok, you're telling me that you get this box even if you have never run the raid caught in the web? You get this even if you are nowhere near a 20th completion on any raid?

That's crazy talk.
    I'm hoping that the devs mean that the box is if you have completed 20th raid since update 19. I lesser TR'd to reset my enhancements since update 19, but had only 14 CITW's under my belt. Since then I have completed 6 more raids for my 20th CITW raid completion. And, wouldn't you know it, no wraps. I'm a monk and dropped every single weapon except for pinion, and antipode. Both of which I need, not the cleaver, tinah, etc., which was my end reward for the 20th completion... bah!!!! *** Turbine? What ever happened to the end rewards based upon class setting? I hope that you make amends with the box, I really do. You could probably calm a few people down; but, you should just fix this so no box is necessary in the future. Just code the game according to your previous endeavors and do what you say. That would make a lot of people happy. Do it! Fix the game to perform like the settings that can influence drop rewards in the first place! A common setting that we, the players, can make. No excuses. Complete the task and have the game operate as expected. NO EXCUSES!!!!!

Honestly, while I understand people wanting content from specific raids, I think this is a nice gesture. The devs don't always compensate for mistakes, and I think this is a liberal gesture which isn't too hard to implement. My guess is that other solutions would be quite complex, and as such giving all raiders a relic weapon from the great PITA of all raids is an elegant solution for which they should be commended. While not perfect, it is a substantial gesture, and I think we'd do better to thank them for doing something rather than complaining and as such discouraging them from compensations in the future. In the meantime, it'd be nice to see some compensation for lost mabar time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Leclaire1 View Post
    Honestly, while I understand people wanting content from specific raids, I think this is a nice gesture. The devs don't always compensate for mistakes, and I think this is a liberal gesture which isn't too hard to implement. My guess is that other solutions would be quite complex, and as such giving all raiders a relic weapon from the great PITA of all raids is an elegant solution for which they should be commended. While not perfect, it is a substantial gesture, and I think we'd do better to thank them for doing something rather than complaining and as such discouraging them from compensations in the future.
    I agree... Thank you devs. This gesture is much appreciated.

P.S. If you increase comm drops in CitW to match FoT (only fair since they are of equal difficulty and CitW is longer), this raid will be run a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle69 View Post
    for my 20th CITW raid completion [...] no wraps. I'm a monk [...] What ever happened to the end rewards based upon class setting?
    That only applies to lootgen, not named items.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post

If you are doing citw for comms, you are failing.. and horribly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    P.S. If you increase comm drops in CitW to match FoT (only fair since they are of equal difficulty and CitW is longer), this raid will be run a lot more.
    Yes, definitely this. I actually don't mind CiTW in the sense that it feels like a truly "epic" raid, but the lack of even one guaranteed Comm is awful. This might have made sense before FoT, but not anymore, and as such it should be upgraded. Guaranteed comms would be a nice way to get people running this raid even on toons which have the only one weapon their class can use, and don't want to foot out for RTBs constantly. Furthermore, more players and more lfms means that I can keep running my main for her fourth, fifth, sixth, etc CiTW weapons.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    BTW anyone else expect to see shroud and pikers fate surge in popularity over the next week or two as everyone tries to get all their alts a raid completion to get a box? I have at least 4 mid/high level alts that need a raid completion and shroud/reaver is the logical candidate.
    Why not Von5/6? That is a raid isn't it?

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

How about EChrono? Does it count for that?

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Given the recent problems they had distinguishing between Epic and Heroic raid completions, I personally wouldn't be surprised if it didn't (even if they say it does...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Nope.

The two raids explicitly called out for not meeting the requirement are tempest spine and chronoscope. All other raids should qualify.

Hopefully some alts I haven't played in a while (but have done a raid this life) will get them.

Ghostbane otherwise.
    Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane GhostbaneGhostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane

So is this raid box over once U20 goes live? i.e. if I TR now and then U20 is live then do a raid I don't get CiTW freebie?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast