Default iconic tr... no way to get rid of iconic class?

so there are no way to build a bladeforge pure artificer right? just want to make this clear, i mean most of the iconic race do not fit their iconic class very well.. like the sun elf.. would be nice if we could get rid of the first level...

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    so there are no way to build a bladeforge pure artificer right? just want to make this clear, i mean most of the iconic race do not fit their iconic class very well.. like the sun elf.. would be nice if we could get rid of the first level...
    No way.

You would have to use an LR+1 to do it, but I believe this paragrpah from Glin's Reincarnat Reincarnated thread indicates that you can:

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    <snip...>

Improvements to Lesser Reincarnation also impact Iconics! Not only is a Lesser Reincarnation an option for Iconics with Update 20, we have figured out how to allow you to Lesser Reincarnate your first level as an Iconic. This means the +1 and higher class change options that are available with Lesser Reincarnation will apply to Iconic characters, giving you even more character build choices.

<snip...>

~E

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    You would have to use an LR+1 to do it, but I believe this paragrpah from Glin's Reincarnat Reincarnated thread indicates that you can:
    That is what I'm hearing too, though I have a hard time believing it, I guess they are moving towards allowing almost any build combo?

Bladeforged that can have zero Pali levels are so superior to a normal WF that there's no reason to ever build a WF, most players will TR their WF (and many other races) into Bladeforged.
    *Disclaimer: All statements are generalized without boging down in minutia. Assuming that there are ALWAYS exceptions that test the rule, variations, and un-stated details may be omitted for brevity. These can be assumed to be understood; without bloating my posts with preemptive coverass. [*] Seal[*] Scroll[*] Shard[*] Base Item - eSoS >200 runs

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Bladeforged that can have zero Pali levels are so superior to a normal WF that there's no reason to ever build a WF, most players will TR their WF (and many other races) into Bladeforged.
    I know! There have been few things to wait with baited breath for, but this is up there.

When does U20 hit??

Will Bladeforged ever be on sale? I thought it was a pre-order exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    update 20 or 22 can't remember, it will be sale for 1495 tp if i remember correctly

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post

it wasnt exclusive, it was merely the only iconic which was allowed to be played before the expansion hit. Then they all go on sale the first update after the expansion, so U20 they should be in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    then by all means they shouldn't enforce at least 1 level in iconic class after tr.. make no sense, unless they are trying to force people to buy lr+1 wood

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

If you read carefully, I believe that it states that you will be able to TR into an Iconic race and the other changes imply that you won't need to choose an Iconic class to go with it.

That's my interpretation. Go read it carefully for yourself.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...n-reincarnated

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    it wasnt exclusive, it was merely the only iconic which was allowed to be played before the expansion hit. Then they all go on sale the first update after the expansion, so U20 they should be in the store.
    The only official mentions were quickie one-liners buried in walls of text, so I wouldn't hold the devs to them but all official mentions were that Bladeforged were indeed pre-order exclusives. It's worth pointing out that anyone who joined the game after August 19th has had no way to buy Bladeforged no matter how much money they threw at the game.

Not to say they won't be available in the store, but we have no official word that they will be, and we do have official word that they were pre-order only.

[ edit
    Last edited by Tanngiostr; 10-11-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    [ edit
    Well said.