Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1. #1
    Community Member Standal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    698

    Default Please extend guild ship buffs

    The current timer on guild ship buffs to 6 hours or until death. The game has spread out since ship buffs were introduced. There is absolutely no reason for ship buffs to last 1 hour. It's hard enough getting a PUG group together, there's no reason to make everybody go back to the ship every 30-45 minutes to rebuff. Because that's what happens. If there is any doubt about buffs lasting, it's rebuff time. A 6 hour timer would allow just about all players to just play through their session and not worry about buffs unless they had died.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    252

    Default

    I don't mind the duration myself, though, perhaps they could introduce "extended" shrines for some of the higher level guilds, fill out some of those empty levels that don't grant anything.
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

    "Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

  3. #3
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    The current timer on guild ship buffs to 6 hours or until death. The game has spread out since ship buffs were introduced. There is absolutely no reason for ship buffs to last 1 hour. It's hard enough getting a PUG group together, there's no reason to make everybody go back to the ship every 30-45 minutes to rebuff. Because that's what happens. If there is any doubt about buffs lasting, it's rebuff time. A 6 hour timer would allow just about all players to just play through their session and not worry about buffs unless they had died.
    Sounds good to me

    People will flood the thread with "you dont need them", and thats true, but who doesnt like the 5%?

    And like u said, almost every pug has got ppl that HAVE to have them and run back after almost every quest and it ends up being a big time waster and then you get sick of pugging and solo.

    Then u toss it on the pile of minor reasons why ppl dont pug as much as they might

  4. #4
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    /signed

    Rebuffing is the biggest immersion killer in this game.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    765

    Default

    I'd rather like ship buffs to be nerfed, permanent and apply only to guild members. This implementation of the buffs is the worst thing that happened to DDO.

  6. #6
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,603

    Default

    First step to making Barge Buffs more user friendly would be to pause their timers in all public instances.
    53461

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    752

    Default

    /signed

    I actually don't bother with them and solo most of the time, just because it's a pain. I only use them for things like the lords of dust chain where I can run all three quickly and the buffs are worth getting/not halfway gone by the time i get to where i need to be.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    This is an absolute no-brainer. They should've been six hours or death from the get-go.

    This is something we talked about since ship buffs came out. However I do not understand their thinking everybody agrees that the ship buffs are too short but it goes on deaf ears and I'm clueless to understand why.

  9. #9
    Community Member Standal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldcrafter View Post
    I don't mind the duration myself, though, perhaps they could introduce "extended" shrines for some of the higher level guilds, fill out some of those empty levels that don't grant anything.
    This doesn't address the problem. As the leader of a level 98 guild, I don't want my buffs to last longer than yours. I want ship buffs to be a non-factor in grouping. It's enough that my guild gets the best buffs in the game. They don't need to be longer than yours as well.

  10. #10
    Community Member Standal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I'd rather like ship buffs to be nerfed, permanent and apply only to guild members. This implementation of the buffs is the worst thing that happened to DDO.
    Start your own thread. I'm not going to start a thread that ship buffs should be eliminated because I think it's beating a dead horse.

  11. #11
    Community Member Standal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    First step to making Barge Buffs more user friendly would be to pause their timers in all public instances.
    How is this superior to my suggestion in any way? 6 hour timers exist. Timer pauses exist. 6 hour timer pauses exist. Under my suggestion of a 6 hour timer a Vale group can knock out all 5 flaggers on elite. Under yours they can get RWTD and Coal done on a set of buffs and the rest on another. It seems to me that my suggestion is better. Very few people play 6 hours without a break. They don't need a pause in public areas.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    This implementation of the buffs is the worst thing that happened to DDO.
    Hahahahaha. . . No. This isn't even close to the worst thing that's happened to DDO. If you think it is, then you cannot have been paying attention. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBlaze View Post
    everybody agrees that the ship buffs are too short
    No, everybody does NOT agree. Some people on the forum agree, but it's bad to assume that we represent the player base (we are but a fraction of it). And I'm the camp that doesn't agree. There's nothing wrong with the buff durations as they are.

  13. #13
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    How is this superior to my suggestion in any way?
    I never said superior, nor a replacement for an increased timer. I said it would a good first step, and it absolutely would be.
    53461

  14. #14
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    First step to making Barge Buffs more user friendly would be to pause their timers in all public instances.
    yes. ive been in plenty of groups where everyone is waiting for the rest of the group at a quest entrance or waiting to fill. if it takes too long, some people just run back to the ship to re-buff that can delay the group from starting. this would also get people off the ship quicker while waiting to fill a group and get to the quest without worrying about buff timers ticking down. pausing timers in public areas should be a first step and see how well that goes before moving on to extensions.

  15. #15

    Default

    Ideal ship buff duration would be no timer, lost on death or (15+ minute) logout similar to the pendant of time effect or power attack. Essentially, each time you log on, get your ship buffs and you're good to go for the remainder of your session. On death you'd get a new walk of shame: Rebuff! hehheh.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Hahahahaha. . . No. This isn't even close to the worst thing that's happened to DDO. If you think it is, then you cannot have been paying attention. At all.
    Alrighty then, I challenge you to name something worse.

  17. #17
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Alrighty then, I challenge you to name something worse.
    U19's loot and releasing an expansion with no raid.

    Come on, I'm hammered drunk and thought of that in 10 seconds.

  18. #18
    Community Member Sidewaysgts86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Like others, Id like to see them simply last until death. Love them or hate them, agree with them or disagree with them, They are a huge time sink in nearly every pug I've ever been in. Anything that promotes moar gaming to me, is a good thing.

  19. #19
    Community Member Standal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I never said superior, nor a replacement for an increased timer. I said it would a good first step, and it absolutely would be.
    It's not a first step. It's a parallel path. You didn't say a pause was superior, but you directly countered my proposal that ship buffs be extended with pausing them in public areas. To me that strongly implies you feel a pause is superior.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    yes. ive been in plenty of groups where everyone is waiting for the rest of the group at a quest entrance or waiting to fill. if it takes too long, some people just run back to the ship to re-buff that can delay the group from starting. this would also get people off the ship quicker while waiting to fill a group and get to the quest without worrying about buff timers ticking down. pausing timers in public areas should be a first step and see how well that goes before moving on to extensions.
    Extending the buff timer to 6 hours addresses everything that a pause does and more. A pause will not allow me to run all the Vale quests on a single set of buffs. I won't be flagging for TOD on a single set of buffs. I won't be running the MOTU chains on a single set of buffs. Pausing the buff timer addresses a very specific problem with the duration of ship buffs. No one wants to get to the entrance of a long quest when their buffs are ticking down. Extending the timer to 6 hours addresses that issue and allows groups to run multiple quests on the same set of buffs at the same time.

  20. #20
    Community Member Standal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysgts86 View Post
    Like others, Id like to see them simply last until death. Love them or hate them, agree with them or disagree with them, They are a huge time sink in nearly every pug I've ever been in. Anything that promotes moar gaming to me, is a good thing.
    I only propose a 6 hour timer because I think it's very easy for Turbine to extend an existing timer versus installing a new mechanic. From a practical standpoint I feel like a 6 hour timer is identical to last until death. If a dev pops in and says that making them last until death is much easier for them to code, I'm 100% /signed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload