Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Looks like only CITW stuff. 5 Comm's is kinda nice too but think of the influx of Pinions! House D will need to stock up on arrows.
    Hold the phone here one sec! Are you saying that this "raiders box" contains a choice between 5 comms and all weapons from CiTW?

Stoner81.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Hold the phone here one sec! Are you saying that this "raiders box" contains a choice between 5 comms and all weapons from CiTW?

Stoner81.
    Yes

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

From the Lamannia release notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    • On reaching 5,000 total favor, a character now can speak with Nyx in the harbor to receive a +5 Ability Tome of their choosing.
    Sounds great.

Until you're on your 7th life maybe. Or unless you've taken advantage of the store offers and purchased your +5 tomes already.

Can we please learn from 1,750 Favor Reward and make this reward relevant in the long term? Take a leaf from the Saga's and offer an XP or Guild Renown option in with the reward list. Then revise the 1,750 Favor Reward List to do the same. And can we change both Tomes to be BTA rather than BTC? Or go one step further and make them unbound.

As it stands right now, this reward will do nothing for my main.

Think about the reward list here. If you leave it as is then you're making it irrelevant to either your most experienced players or those who have bought from the store. Not a great idea to isolate these two groups from the rewards.

Community Member

Don't know if this is the right place to menthion this but I really want to see thins fixed.

There seems to be something causing old warforged toons to be missing some PRR. Creating new toons on live or beta gives .5 PRR per level so that at lvl 20 you have 10. Old WF toons don't get this - even old iconics (pre expac) I'd hoping a lesser reincarnation will fix this, but can someone look into it and make sure?

It's not just 10 PRR though. Throw any docent on in beta and it jumps up to 22 PRR. Old WF toons stay at 0. At level 28 with identical tank gear and everything on, the effect is noticeable. My live toon will have a PRR of about 155 while my newly-mented beta toon has about 180.

Please say all I'm missing is some feat that wasn't originally available or something, but will be fixed with a LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    Cannith Challenge items now interact properly with Cannith Crafting, and may now be disjuncted and re-crafted as many times as desired. Additionally, the minimum level required to equip the Spare Hand, Rock Boots, Bracers of Wind, Cloak of Flame, Ring of the Stalker, and Blasting Chime has been reduced by one. (Already on Live)
    Does it mean that Epic items listed above are now ML 19?

More importantly, IMO -- are level 20's still locked out of Epic challenges?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Yes
    WELL HOLY PINIONS BATMAN!

This is just epic so epic it's beyond epic it's... it's... UBER!

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    We are in the process of reworking Reincarnation, so it currently does not function properly. Please do not Reincarnate at this time.
    I found this in the release notes for Lamma land for U20 my question is will this only apply after U20 has been deployed so we are still OK to TR until U20 arrives?

Stoner81.

Community Member

Default nice move

nice move about 5000 favor :P
    now it is just a matter of waiting to get enough packs to be able to reach 5000 favor even without doing raids, and without doing all quests on elite :P
    cause not everyone can do that

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    I found this in the release notes for Lamma land for U20 my question is will this only apply after U20 has been deployed so we are still OK to TR until U20 arrives?

Stoner81.
    Uh...its a lammania thing...live isn't affected

Also we know what your name is you don't have to tell us again at the end of your post.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-14-2013 at 12:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Damn -- you guys implemented the 5 toon limit back again :(

Damn -- you guys implemented the 5 toon limit back again Oops! My fault/I blame myself Didn't copy the ones over I needed ><

Uh/um Squeak, any sympathy/any chance to maybe increase that toon limit to maybe 8/9/10 or so? Please? :P It would be *greatly* appreciated!

Thanks in advance! Cheers! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    From the Lamannia release notes:

As it stands right now, this reward will do nothing for my main.
    As for 1,750 I agree. That list often is just 9 crafting shards for most people, because of how common +2 tomes are in the game. Now think about how common +5 tomes are in the game.

They rarely drop in end-game content.
    They are purchasable from the DDO Store.

That's it?

So you're telling me your main has all 6 +5 tomes?
    If so, where'd they come from?

Now, I'm not a betting man, but I'd bet that you didn't PULL, IN GAME, 6 different +5 tomes. I'd say you got them, at least one, from the store. In which case, yes, this reward could have helped you.

Also, you do realize how much favor is in the game, as of update 19? 4,928. Therefore, this isn't even a favor mark you can reach on Live, and apparently U20 has more than 72 favor coming with it (as I would expect).

Just be glad I cut out the part where you imply that this is something you would do every life until your 7th life, then do what with the tome... In short, you are saying that you're going to farm ALL THE FAVOR IN THE ENTIRE GAME before you TR just to get this tome, and then complain the seventh time you do it that you don't get a meaningful reward, because you have a set of +5's on your toon.

Come back to me when you've refused to TR until you hit 5k favor on a toon you've TRed after u20. In short, I doubt you ever will.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Habreno View Post

So you're telling me your main has all 6 +5 tomes?
    If so, where'd they come from?

Now, I'm not a betting man, but I'd bet that you didn't PULL, IN GAME, 6 different +5 tomes. I'd say you got them, at least one, from the store. In which case, yes, this reward could have helped you.

Also, you do realize how much favor is in the game, as of update 19? 4,928. Therefore, this isn't even a favor mark you can reach on Live, and apparently U20 has more than 72 favor coming with it (as I would expect).

Just be glad I cut out the part where you imply that this is something you would do every life until your 7th life, then do what with the tome... In short, you are saying that you're going to farm ALL THE FAVOR IN THE ENTIRE GAME before you TR just to get this tome, and then complain the seventh time you do it that you don't get a meaningful reward, because you have a set of +5's on your toon.

Come back to me when you've refused to TR until you hit 5k favor on a toon you've TRed after u20. In short, I doubt you ever will.
    I pulled 23 +5 tomes in highroad during +2 loot bonus days, besides the 6 i used on my main (20+ lives and still no completionist :P),
    that toon and my tank are the only ones with the +5 tomes, the rest are for sale/have been sold.
    +5 tomes realy are not that hard to come by. Nor are they that importand. (not taking EE peeps into account ofc)
    For non hardcore gamers these +5 favor reward tomes are very nice for their primairy stat. When more packs are added (assuming DDO will live that long), getting that tome will become easier.
    noone in their right mind would normaly wait 6 lives to get a full set of +5 tomes but with the upcomming ED -tring? who knows?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    New Surveys are also now available!

Smiles,
    Squeak
    So fun part of this, as I was in the middle of giving my feedback on the Eldritch Knight survey, the survey got closed. So I'm just gonna post here what I had so as to not lose the effort I put into it:

1. Play time of Eldritch Knight: 1-2 hours

2. Rating: 1, would only really use some of the best low tier enhancements but wouldn't heavily invest in this tree.

3. Reasons why I rated it as such:

The flavor of it is nice, a tanky wizard works great especially when spec and geared for it such as going pale master in lich form, having concordant opposition, and robe of shadow or similar for tons of temp hp/heal on hit. Make it really worth investing in PRR. However, a lot of the tree seems counter productive. On one hand you focus getting spells like mage armor and shield, but then you have enhancements that focus on giving you proficiency in armor and shields making the former less useful when applying the latter. Secondly, if you do decide to make use of the shield enhancements then you end up needing to take the shield proficiency feat anyways as the enhancement doesn't count for shield mastery reqs.

Too put it bluntly, the enhancements overall feel like it doesn't give back nearly as much as others for what you put in. I will say however that I like the concept of the cores and the left line of the tree. I like the focus on using abjuration for defense and improving its effectiveness, much akin to the abjurant champion of D&D 3.5 (really like the tensor's SLA and arcane barrier just sadden that I would need to invest so heavily to get).

With the current implementation though, I would only find myself dipping into Eldritch Knight for a bit of the core and maybe the bonuses of mage armor and shield. However, I'm still not enticed enough to go as an armored mage as build as a vamp monk (14 wiz / 6 monk) gives me much better returns in terms of survivability (my dodge and incorporeal bonuses + evasion + saves seem to far out weigh the AC and PRR bonuses). Vamp monk also gives me better damage output (heavy twf investment vs the sword and board).

To make this tree work, I would need some other enticements, such as making proficiency enhancements actually count for feat reqs for one as I'm already gonna be strapped for feats as a mage/tank. Another part that could help is adding more encouragement to needing the PRR such as temp SP/restored SP and/or temp HP when hit. The SP part would work well so that I'm able to make more use of my core abilities cause dps and survivability gets severally crippled when out of SP, and the longer I can go without resting the better. As a frame of reference, it is possible to solo eH with the vamp monk without ever resting in many of them, granted at this point it is probably my strongest build I've done.

Additionally, I would like to see stronger use of benefits to using magic for buffs, especially if they are gonna be wasted due to focusing on actually using a shield and armor.

So once more to reiterate, a nice start in terms of flavor, but it's usefulness when compared to other trees just seems like a counterproductive waste of points. If you can successfully make an armored tank more appealing I'm all for it. However, until this becomes a stronger option, I will be sticking to my evasive style PM.

4. Favorite 3 enhancements from the tree and why:

Eldritch strike - a magically empowered cleave at first point spent, sounds great to me.

Improved shield - Always a great spell to have for protection against magic missile and adding the PRR is a really nice touch compared to just upping like with mage armor AC.

Arcane barrier - When things get out of hand, will give ya the time you need to heal up and come back for more or at least be able to endure what's left in most cases. A great enhancement for a tank to have.

5. Worst 3 enhancements from tree and why:

Medium armor proficiency - If I can't go full plate (heavy armor proficiency) for the massive PRR and AC, I would stay down in light armor so that I can benefit from evasion. Not to mention that it would simply be easier and most cost effective to multi-class into fighter or similar to get these.

Light armor proficiency - As with the above, I would either get this from multi-classing with rogue for evasion, or simply not use as I would benefit more from no armor when mixed with monk or if intended to use epic mage armor which would be very likely.

Shield training - in contrast to the armor proficiency enhancements, this could actually be useful to take. However, the number one reason I wouldn't take this is that I will need to take the feat anyways as I won't be able to get many of the shield feats with just this enhancement making it a waste of points.

6. Additional comments:

Good flavor in an attempt to promote the armored tank mage. However, the current design is conflicted among itself within the tree. When part of the tree focuses on spells for defense and then the other half focuses on using armor and shield for defense it really feels bottle necked. Also a lack of enticing abilities/passives that are more frequent within other trees, as of know the proficiency feats could probably be redone/replaced. I'd like to see more enhancements that strengthen the cores or promote getting hit to make better use of the PRR. Maybe if this gets improved well enough I can make that nice dwarven wizard with heavy int and con and be a melee force to be reckoned with.

Is anything being done about TR's being able use their overpowered epic destiny abilities even though they're way under level 20 now?

It's really game breaking, especially for new players who happen to get a tr joining, and atomizing all opposition in seconds. Primal scream etc.. theres just no challenge or interest at all when it's like that.

I have not seen the EK tree, but how does it compare with doing a basic GISH in 3.5, i.e. Fighter 1/Wizard 9, Eldritch Knight 10? You would have a BAB of 16 (4 atks/round), level 9 spells and all armour/shield and weapon proficiencies, which is normally quite powerful. I just find that DDO's version of prestige classes don't always get the power of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekdah_NZ View Post
    I have not seen the EK tree, but how does it compare with doing a basic GISH in 3.5, i.e. Fighter 1/Wizard 9, Eldritch Knight 10? You would have a BAB of 16 (4 atks/round), level 9 spells and all armour/shield and weapon proficiencies, which is normally quite powerful. I just find that DDO's version of prestige classes don't always get the power of the class.
    In my opinion, mediocre, but you can judge it for yourself.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Sorcerer_Eld...t_enhancements

http://ddowiki.com/page/Wizard_Eldri...t_enhancements

Default i'd change the eldritch tree a little bit, mostly in positions of abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post

In my opinion, they have some of these abilities in the wrong place in the tree.

The weapon imbue toggles shouldnt be along the bottom but in the middle of the tree with no pre-reqs. So they're more optional

I'd add a new ability to the level 3 core.. innate retributive armor (your choice of elements)
    I'd add a new ability like spell deflection, 10% chance to reflect a spell aimed at you to a random hostile as the level 6 core.
    I'd move martial training to the level 12 core one
    I'd move eldritch tempest to the level 18 core one.

Also I feel shield training should be a pre-req for the other later shield abililties. Shield striking and eldritch shield.

I'd remove the critical accuracy abilities completely.
    Last edited by Chaosprism; 10-17-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Anybody else getting a "Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)" error?
    ~Sarlona~ - Proud Member of The Unrepentant
    Maelodic - Rockin all the day long
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    Anybody else getting a "Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)" error?

Yes, I am too, thinking maybe someone left the lights on but locked the doors? Or maybe the hamster fell off the wheel again.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosprism View Post
    The weapon imbue toggles shouldnt be along the bottom but in the middle of the tree with no pre-reqs. So they're more optional
    IMHO it should only be one enhancement that works like resist energy, summons and elemental weapons...click the ability and a prompt comes up asking which element...those elements can be dragged to your hot bar if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosprism View Post
    I'd remove the critical accuracy abilities completely.
    The critical accuracy/damage enhancements should be removed from the game entirely.

Here's what I've come up with for EK

Core 1 Eldritch Strike (gets better with each core) +0.5 USP and +1 Force Power per pt spent in tree
    Core 3 Cha or Int Atk/DMG (multi-selector to try avoiding bugs of only one working)
    Core 6 Spellsword(choosing element works like Elemental Weapons or Resist Energy)
    Core 12 Tensers Toggle
    Core 18 Heavy Armor Prof & No ASF accrued from them OR Master Mage Armor/Shield (basically makes the already improved spells even better to make it on par with equivalent armor and shields)
    Core 20 +25 Force SP,+1 Crit Multiplier w/1-h Weapons and +2 Int or Cha

Tier 1

- Improved Mage Armor OR Light/Medium Armor Prof and No ASF when wearing those armors
    - Item Defense: 25%/50%/75% to negate item wear
    - Toughness: 5/10/15 HP
    - Battlemage: +1/2/3 Concen/Intim/Balance
    - Spell Critical: Force +2 % Chance to crit with force damage

Tier 2

- Shield Mastery or Eldritch Combatant (multi-selector choose one - see below for EC-Line effects)
    - Adept Fighter: Proficiency and 2/4/6% Doublestrike with all 1-h weapons
    - Wand and Scroll Mastery +25/50/75% & +1/2/3 DC
    - Improved Shield OR General Shield Proficiency and No ASF with any shield (except tower)

Tier 3

+ 1 Any Stat
    - Improved Battle Mage: Buffs are no longer dispelable or affected by anti-magic effects. (ie. Beholders)
    - Eldritch Barrier (SLA similar to Arty's Radiant Force Shield...cooldown 12min/6min/3min seconds duration 30 seconds + 6 seconds per level...Metas: Quicken & Extend)
    - Arcane Senses: +2/4/6 Reflex, Spot and Dodge%

Tier 4

- Improved Shield Mastery or Improved Eldritch Combatant (multi-selector choose one - Req Char Lvl 6)
    - + 1 Any Stats
    - Force Feedback (5/10/15% chance to do 1d4/1d8/1d12 Force damage on-hit w/ knockdown effect
    - Haste Boost [Req: Arcane Senses]
    - Efficient Metamagic: Extend

Tier 5

- Improved Shield Bash or Greater Eldritch Combatant (multi-selector choose one)
    - Master Battlemage (Doubles the effectiveness of the Extend Metamagic...requires Extend)
    - Improved Tenser's Toggle (reduces penalties and increases benefits)
    - Eldritch Tempest (Req: Force Feedback)
    - Eldritch Spectacle - +25/50/75% Magic Threat Generation & -5/10/15% ASF

Note: Magic includes your EK SLAs & Force abilities ie. Eldritch Tempest,Spellsword, Force Feedback, etc.

The Tree (on its side) would look something like this.

1. Improved Mage Armor,Improved Shield,Eldritch Barrier,Force Feedback,Eldritch Tempest
    2. Force Crit,Force Crit,Force Crit,Efficient Meta: Extend,Improved Tensers
    3. Toughness, Combat Style,+1 Any stat,Improved Combat Style,Greater Combat Style
    4. Wand & Scroll Mastery, Battle Mage,Improved BM, +1 Any Stat, Master Battle Mage
    5. Item Defense, Adept Fighter, Arcane Senses, Haste Boost, Eldritch Spectacle

Eldritch Combatant Effects:

EC: When fighting with an orb in your off-hand, you gain 1 temporary spell point and +1 universal spellpower on-hit, 3 temporary SP and USP on crit, and 5 temporary SP and USP on vorpal for X seconds <insert standard language for disappearing stacks here>.
    IEC: Any 1-handed weapon gains +1 to Crit range and your touch/ranged touch spells no longer have a level cap.
    GEC: Orbs Boni to Saves and Energy Resist no longer requires you to be actively blocking (blocking doubles the effect instead)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member lucreciacrescent's Avatar

Is the reincarnation problem already fixed? :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast