Default Another Solution

Reasonably there is alot of angst in the community following the recent spate of bugs.

In my opinion the only one that really worries me has been the duping of Heroic Comms (and slighlty miffed about things like scales and other high but not top tier raid ingredients). Bear with me.

I don't personally care about using EDs in Heroic levels. If you don’t agree with using them don’t group with people that do.

I don't particularly care about folks who abused the Saga end chain rewards - If you have more XP, more Guild reknown or more skill tomes than me it does not really affect my gaming experience. Unless you abused to the point there is no reason for you to even play anymore but I doubt that would be the case (see below also)

Duping of most items again I don’t really mind:
    1) If you duped enough ingredients to level your crafter(s) to 150 then good on you … you still need to build a million shards. Does not affect my game play.
    2) If you made a billion plat and a million astral shards by selling your duped items I don’t really care – good on you. I rather loot my stuff or have the feeling of ‘woot’ I found an item I have been farming for ages on the AH and spent my million plat on it. Either way don’t really care
    3) If you duped augments, low level ingredients etc etc I don’t really care. More power to you does not mean less fun for me

What I do care about and really think affects the community is the duping of high level ingredients, specifically Heroic Raid Coms. Since the bug raids for FoT and Citw have decreased dramatically in my opinion. (ok you could argue they not been high for a while but bear with me)

It could be folks have been hit by a few days ban or it could be a lot of the top payers duped coms and no longer need to run these raids .. but with a reduced player base that does affect my gaming experience as I am simply not that good to solo FoT or Citw etc

To a lesser extent duped shroud ingredients affect the raid but you still needs shards I guess.

If the duped items cannot or will not get removed from the game in my opinion the only thing that favours those who did not dupe would be to INCREASE the drop rates on these high level ingredients which do affect players at large
    Barring this the only way things will ever settle down to any level of normality:

1. New influx of players who need to run these raids (yeah right ...)
    2. Level cap increase to 30 and loot that once again obsoletes our lvl 28 stuff!!

So bottom line – please increase drop rates … and if there is any way to do this ONLY for accounts who did not dupe so much the better!!

Community Member

Funny thing about those shards.... I think the drop rate has been adjusted downwards.

Out of 12 people, every chest in shroud, only ONE shard was pulled, total.

One man was complaining that this was his 14th run without a single shard.

Others in group piped up that they have had similar bad luck with shards.

I thought that the drop rate for Basic Shards of Power were supposed to be somewhat high?

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

They need to start perma banning people for starting yet another thread about this exploit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    They need to start perma banning people for starting yet another thread about this exploit.
    Why? Now we don't even have free speach? - I am offerign a solution to a problem not bemoaning it in the first place

Banning people who exploited or banning people who complain about the exploits does nothing to repair the damage done

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    Why? Now we don't even have free speach? - I am offerign a solution to a problem not bemoaning it in the first place

Banning people who exploited or banning people who complain about the exploits does nothing to repair the damage done
    Free speech doesn't exist on the internet. EULA says we don't, must abide by forums rules, etc.

However, his comment was (wait for it), sarcastic. Most likely done because he, and others, are sick of seeing people bring up threads about this. Many have been removed, many more locked.

Aside from that, I have bad news. Turbine doesn't care about your solution. Tell them until you're blue in the face, they'll do what they planned already. (Isn't that the entire point of lammania, a place for us to waste time telling turbine about bugs?)

Community Member

tolero told us today they are busy deleting the duped items, and by the sounds of it they don't care too much if they delete too much from the dupers. so stock up on the cheese when the bans are over as some people are going to have a lot less in their bank than they did before the exploit. just hope turbine don't club any innocent bystanders by mistake.

as for people buying them off the AH's, no idea, that topic hasn't been touched by turbine yet

edit: link to toleros post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5129901

so, basically /thread. the items will not stay in the game
    Last edited by ReaperAlexEU; 10-11-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

It boggles the mind when people only care about certain exploits that affect them. I play a game called Connect the Dots. When exploits occur I think about how it affects me, players overall and Turbine. People need to look beyond what's in front of them and realize how exploits impact everything. Some are worse than others and have varying degrees of affects, but exploits never bring anything positive or helps the game other than personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    tolero told us today they are busy deleting the duped items, and by the sounds of it they don't care too much if they delete too much from the dupers. so stock up on the cheese when the bans are over as some people are going to have a lot less in their bank than they did before the exploit. just hope turbine don't club any innocent bystanders by mistake.

as for people buying them off the AH's, no idea, that topic hasn't been touched by turbine yet

Since the thread is closed, I want to +1 those that made the decisions to enforce these bans. It doesn't take much to realize the potential damage this exploit could have caused. When Turbine does the right thing, I have no problem singing their praises.

(...)

but with a reduced player base that does affect my gaming experience as I am simply not that good to solo FoT or Citw etc
    n00b
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

There is no such thing as free speech on a private message board.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Since the thread is closed, I want to +1 those that made the decisions to enforce these bans. It doesn't take much to realize the potential damage this exploit could have caused. When Turbine does the right thing, I have no problem singing their praises.
    considering the general attitude towards exploits you'd have thought toleros post would be a bit more visible than a closed thread that's rapidly sinking away. sure the dev tracker will get the word out that duping exploits will not be worth milking in the future, but i still expected them to make an official announcement in a bid to push the news all the way through the community.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post

With turbine's past track record, I'm guessing there is going to be a lot of splash damage done to "innocent" bystanders. See Maban for example. Unless they're going through by hand and deleting these items, any automated script they build has the potential to wreck everything even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Isn't that the entire point of lammania, a place for us to waste time telling turbine about bugs?
    The entire point of Lamannia is to get a rough idea of how badly our characters will be affected by upcoming updates. It is so we can start crying "Doom! My character is worthless now!" and ragequit as soon as possible.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers