Community Member

Default Dual wield issue.

Hi. I play a dual-weilding toon and i notice something strange after latest patch. Every time my toon attacks with off-hand, the damage inflicted is same as main-hand (I have flaming light mace in main hand, and hand axe of bloodletting in off-hand, but attacks with the axe cause fire damage for some reason, as if i attacked with mace).

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I've played my assassin rogue the last few days, and both his main hand (rad2) and his offhand (lit2) proc. I'm not sure what the problem you're seeing is, sorry.

The system after MotU is such that offhand attacks can only proc when the main hand attacks. So you will generally see the main hand damage (unless you miss with this attack) as well as offhand, whenever you see offhand damage.

Or so I am led to believe.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

The issue is that my off-hand weapon has the damage and magical effect of my main-hand weapon for some reason (Both weapons are different).

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DJGravity View Post
    The issue is that my off-hand weapon has the damage and magical effect of my main-hand weapon for some reason (Both weapons are different).
    I'm not seeing the same on my rogue, so it's not a general issue. You are absolutely sure you're seeing this? Combat log is saying the same? Have you tried another of your characters to see if it is character specific? Have you tried changing weapons/unequipping+reequipping?

Community Member

I tried switching weapons (axe=main, mace=off), and now my off-hand attacks with mace dont produce fire damage (Note that the enemies that i fight have no fire resistance).

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I tried switching weapons (axe=main, mace=off), and now my off-hand attacks with mace dont produce fire damage (Note that the enemies that i fight have no fire resistance).
    What does the combat log say? Does it back this up?

I would try to get as much info as you can think of about this (race, levels, classes, weapons, feats, etc) and put in a bug report.

Community Member

The combat log seems bugged, it says that my off hand attacks deal force damage (Instead of slashing damage).

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

The combat log seems bugged, it says that my off hand attacks deal force damage (Instead of slashing damage).
    Curiouser and curiouser. What is the character's build? Levels/classes/etc?

Community Member

1 rogue/3 ranger, dual wielding, dex is used for attack/damage. Has weapon finesse+two weapon fighting feats.

Community Member

And now, combat log shows that all of my attacks are main-hand, and offhand proc attack allegedly inflicts sonic damage (again, instead of slashing damage).

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

And now, combat log shows that all of my attacks are main-hand, and offhand proc attack allegedly inflicts sonic damage (again, instead of slashing damage).
    Sounds strange indeed. I would take some screenshots of it and include them in bug report, it sounds really weird.

My own rogue uses dex for damage, too, but I do not see the same issue. Weird.

Been noticing this sense U18.2 but I am usually doing Light Damage with my Elemental Khopeshes so I haven't been upset. Not to mention I have yet to see a NPC immune to Light Damage (at upper levels) but even if I do, I am not going to complain. My guess, there is an error in the scripting because the error is inconsistent. I can go 2/3 of a quest and never see the bug and then see it until completion. But usually it just happens off and on throughout the quest. The first few times I was like "WOW" but now I am used to it. The sad part is I can't replicate the bug like you, its totally random

p.s. I have confirmed through the combat log that I did X Light Damage along with the standard damage that elemental Khopeshes normally do. I have also noticed it on other toons I play, doing Elemental/Light/Unholy damage with weapons that do not have the corresponding effects attached.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Even more weird. I will have to try and keep an eye out, then, to see if it suddenly bugs out.