Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storage

Default Storage

I am hoping that there is discussion or plans of expanding Character bank space, not shared

My main toon on his 23rd life has 169 items in the TR Cache - every item is BTC

my inv overflow is full at 100 and most of that is BTC due to items I used to level up on last life

With new TR path I am not going to be able to empty my TR cache and enjoy the TR ride again

I have gotten rid of old named items and things that just don't matter, everything I have for the most part is something I would use on a different class TR life

I know I am not the only one facing this challenge
    Member of Captains Crew - Ghallanda
    Rifken - Triple-Triple Completionist
    Riffken - Completionist
    Tegg - Azrahn

Yes, we have been waiting for more bank (not shared) storage for a while now. I think many people will by as much bank space as you put out there.

"Y U hate my money, Turbine?"

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Yes, we have been waiting for more bank (not shared) storage for a while now. I think many people will by as much bank space as you put out there.

"Y U hate my money, Turbine?"
    its at the point that I would buy it, although it shouldn't be the only means available to get extra space
    Member of Captains Crew - Ghallanda
    Rifken - Triple-Triple Completionist
    Riffken - Completionist
    Tegg - Azrahn

Quote Originally Posted by Weyborn View Post
    I have gotten rid of old named items and things that just don't matter, everything I have for the most part is something I would use on a different class TR life
    How much of it is truly necessary though? My current approach is to have four points in the TRing process where I make significant changes to my gear. Namely levels 5, 11, 14, and 18. Anything else I can simply craft and dismantle when the life is over. So far I've managed to free up an entire tab and it will only get better as I continue to consolidate items.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

I guess Player Housing will solve the storage problems.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    How much of it is truly necessary though?
    Technically none of it, I could just re acquire or craft things as I go. But that doesn't sound fun at all.

I generally prefer playing end game content to TRing but will TR when I want to try a new build or when there's no end game(like now). So I've collected a lot of hard to get and niche items that are great for certain builds and I'd really hate to destroy it. I really want to TR again soonish but will have to delete some of the toys I spent time and effort getting, toys that I do get a lot of enjoyment out of.

Quote Originally Posted by ayseifn View Post
    technically none of it, i could just re acquire or craft things as i go. But that doesn't sound fun at all.

I generally prefer playing end game content to tring but will tr when i want to try a new build or when there's no end game(like now). So i've collected a lot of hard to get and niche items that are great for certain builds and i'd really hate to destroy it. I really want to tr again soonish but will have to delete some of the toys i spent time and effort getting, toys that i do get a lot of enjoyment out of.
    qft

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yalinaa View Post
    Hopefully, but what do we do till U47, when it will be introduced?

QFT, most TR players I know use extra characters as "mules" to hold onto gear while they are leveling.
    It's truly quite sad that Turbine hasn't addressed this yet.

What is the BFD about giving players some extra storage? I have thinned my backpack at various points not because I wanted to, but because I had to. Using the shared bank for storage is annoying.
    There sure isn't a limit on the number of unique ways to craft items... or a dearth of named items in the game. I TR multiple characters, I CRAFT, I like to hold onto some things even if they just apply to a few quests like a Magical Beast Bane weapon for Whisperdoom that aren't easy to re-craft all the time.

Why not an extra bank tab at level 5, 10, 15, 20? If it's too much clutter for their database, I will GLADLY give up the 4 Character slots I am (forced) using as "mules".

I have the same issue. One thing I would put on the wish list is the need to empty out the TR cache in order to TR again. Nothing worse than spending 30 minutes trying to get all the stuff out of the cache only to have it go right back in. Seems kinda silly.

Would be nice to add extra bank space or inventory space (or both) for each past life up to 3rd life maybe.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rynehawk View Post
    I have the same issue. One thing I would put on the wish list is the need to empty out the TR cache in order to TR again. Nothing worse than spending 30 minutes trying to get all the stuff out of the cache only to have it go right back in. Seems kinda silly.
    The issue with that is that the TR cache likely need a maximum size for data storage and coding reasons - and if you could leave stuff in there when you TR again it could potentially grow unlimited.

Still a very good idea but some way to handle a full TR cashe would be needed and then we are back to square one.

Given that a character earns at least one panel of space per every five levels in the heroic phase up to level 20, you'd think this should continue with at least one more panel now that cap is 28.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default BTC items/gear and bank space.

Yep BTC items/gear are clogging up our bank.

I believe the reason we are not getting more bank space for BTC items/gear is because of some coding reasons that will not allow it to be done.

Every update has new BTC items/gear for us to keep track of yet the bank space is not keeping up with this phenomena. This is just ridiculous!

The storage problem with BTC items/gear needs a serious resolution and bank space is the answer. It is just that simple. Why is this not happening? ***'Twilight Zone music'***

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by Yalinaa View Post
    If they do this the game will be ruined imo.

There's no way all those items are necessary. Just keep the most important ones and throw away the worst ones. TR'ing is a journey, and when you go on a journey you can't take everything with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    There's no way all those items are necessary. Just keep the most important ones and throw away the worst ones. TR'ing is a journey, and when you go on a journey you can't take everything with you.
    I can respect that, but I don't feel that way about it. How are you absolutely sure all those items are not necessary?

Although your response is a clever poem it does not have a validation that what is ok for you should also be ok for others. When you say There's no way all those items are necessary you already became the judge, the jury and the verdict all in one without having any empathy. With all do respect this assumes too much and is kind of asinine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    It has nothing to do with what is necessary. To destroy an item because you do not have a place to store it is not right. To make a mule to carry items for you is not right. To ask and be willing to pay for storage and not get it is not right. Some of us are more wasteful than others and throw out what they don't need, while others prefer to keep things in the hopes that they become useful again. Its a personal preference, but one that stands to make Turbine some decent cash if they implement.

Every single person I talked in game has BtC space problem.

For me personally?
    Where do I start? Ok, let's just say this:
    - BtC space is more annoying than anything in this game!
    - even bugs aren't that annoying
    - even exploits aren't that annoying (yes, even the last exploit, which killed this game since half players have hundreds heroic comms, shards/seals/scrolls, all toons got craft lvls 150, Shroud matts/Dragon Scales, etc. etc.)
    - even absolutely game breaking updates like "random loot > named items" aren't that annoying

Since devs don't actually play this game they don't realize that dedicated players (with 1000+ raid completions on one toon) have a nightmare of BtC items.

This is what I want:
    - NO MULES (yes, no mules at all - I'll pay for that, enough said)
    - I don't need +10 slots, I want +200 BtC slots for a normal game play (yes, I want that much)

I can play naked of course, but it's not fun.

Player housing?
    I hope that this name is related to more BtC space (but I doubt it, it's just a name).

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    I can respect that, but I don't feel that way about it. How are you absolutely sure all those items are not necessary?

Although your response is a clever poem it does not have a validation that what is ok for you should also be ok for others. When you say There's no way all those items are necessary you already became the judge, the jury and the verdict all in one without having any empathy. With all do respect this assumes too much and is kind of asinine.
    I see inventory management as one of the few remaining interesting trade-offs in the game. It is a fact that none of the items from the TR bank are necessary, as you can reasonably get back to cap without good gear. The items are there merely for convenience. So when you TR, you basically have to plan beforehand how much convenience you want and at which level. As increasing bank space makes this trade-off increasingly simple, I don't think it would be good for the game. Maybe it's because of my background in optimization; harder problems are often more fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast