Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default What is the point of Cloak of Night enhacement

    Cloak of Night: Toggle: While active, Cloak of Night reduces the effectiveness of Positive Energy, Negative Energy, Repair, and Light damage on you by 20%/35%/50%. (Activation Cost: 25 Spell Points. Cooldown: 1 second.)


    I have tried it with death aura and i drops amount of healing i receive in undead forms,and also drops amount of all healing received in normal forms is this useless or i am missing something?Why put this talent on pale master?

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bakinkoljach View Post
    Cloak of Night: Toggle: While active, Cloak of Night reduces the effectiveness of Positive Energy, Negative Energy, Repair, and Light damage on you by 20%/35%/50%. (Activation Cost: 25 Spell Points. Cooldown: 1 second.)


    I have tried it with death aura and i drops amount of healing i receive in undead forms,and also drops amount of all healing received in normal forms is this useless or i am missing something?Why put this talent on pale master?
    Never been on the receiving end of a Divine Punishment?

  3. #3
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    This ability makes Running with the Devils (and other quests where enemies spam maximized, empowered Searing Lights) a little more survivable in PM forms.

    Doing that quest on a PM without some light absorb is an interesting experience. 'Combat: Ghaele Cleric's Searing Light hit you for 288 damage'.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  4. #4
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    This ability makes Running with the Devils (and other quests where enemies spam maximized, empowered Searing Lights) a little more survivable in PM forms.

    Doing that quest on a PM without some light absorb is an interesting experience. 'Combat: Ghaele Cleric's Searing Light hit you for 288 damage'.
    I did it as a melee vampire.

    After I got hit once, I went into fleshy form and used cure serious pots - didn't die, just didn't enjoy hjealzing.

  5. #5
    Community Member cnynridr2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    250

    Default okay so...

    Is that the only reason to take this enhancement and is Devils the only quest where it is worth having? Haven't run some of the new expansion stuff yet.
    Lightsocket, Lightarrow, Lighter, Lighttank, Lightzapper
    Lightmeup, Lightsage, Lightemup, Lightrock, Lightbright, Lightsurge, Lightmaker, Lightbeam, Lightmist

  6. #6
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnynridr2 View Post
    Is that the only reason to take this enhancement and is Devils the only quest where it is worth having? Haven't run some of the new expansion stuff yet.
    Any quest with large amounts of light damage.

    Personally, I wouldn't use it, ever.
    Better off just dropping form for running with the devils, then just never using it. Sacrificing half heals will make you extremely vulnerable to melees.

  7. #7
    Community Member Saravis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Hobgoblin clerics also like tossing light spells at you at the low-ish levels, such as in The Tear of Dhakaan

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnynridr2 View Post
    Is that the only reason to take this enhancement and is Devils the only quest where it is worth having? Haven't run some of the new expansion stuff yet.
    With vampire shroud now available early (level 6?) and their triple damage from light, you can get one shotted very easily in lots of lowbie content. Anywhere there are priests basically. Necro 1 wight priests hit a PM in vampire form very hard. So much so that it is worth switching to zombie form if you are worried about priests anywhere from 6 to 12. Cloak of night can help here.

    Being a quick toggle means you have some flexibility with cloak of night. Good to activate when you get even 1 stack of divine punishment on you. With 3 stacks it can make a big difference.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    In game: Unshriven, Unbidden, Unsated, and Unfazed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload