Default Siren Song/Chord of Disruption

Does Siren Song and/or Chord of Disruption work against red names?

tia

doesn't/does
    I may be dumb...
    @Thelanis: Guslar/Machkica/Cvr/Weadar

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Does Siren Song and/or Chord of Disruption work against red names?

tia
    I've seen the con dmg work fine (I think it even worked against Harry to be honest). You cannot mesmerize for 12 seconds anything that's not under an orange named, however. The chord of disruption (I prefer to just call it "Poof") seems to work on everything. Chains of fate, also, seems to work on everything (except, again, the secondary effects don't seem to register on reds/purples).

On a side not, siren's is exceptionally useful on beholders. Usually the poof dmg is enough to kill one outright in anything EH and under.

Community Member

Siren's Song/Chord of Disruption works on the named guys in The High Road slayer area, but I'm not sure how those are classified. I know that I've seen "immune" come up a few times, but not very often. Bound Fate/Grim Fate seem to work well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kryscendo View Post
    Siren's Song/Chord of Disruption works on the named guys in The High Road slayer area, but I'm not sure how those are classified. I know that I've seen "immune" come up a few times, but not very often. Bound Fate/Grim Fate seem to work well, too.
    Wanted to retest my hypothesis on the song functionality, apparently it depends what type of red named it is. It works on the archnecromancers in the Estar undead quest, but I did not see it work on the end bosses in the drow chain (chord of disruption always works).