Hybrid View

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Default This is not the greatest exploit thread, this is just a tribute...

no drama here, no demanding: but do you guys think you could at least go ahead and delete the "stock" of exploity globes and draconic soul gems that are still in the inventories of anyone who for example suddenly came into possession of I don't know, say 10, 20 or 100 or more of them?

Because it looks like they are all happly selling their ill gotten booty in preperation for their 5 day vacations. I don't really care if you Ban or not, I don't consider this the End of the World of DDO, in fact the worst angle of all this is that a few less people will repeat content a few less times. But them flooding onto the AH and ASAH still is kinda thumbing the proverbial nose at those of us who don't go out of our way to exploit.

It's more a principle of the matter than anything, as I very easily could have maxed out my Crafter on essences, outfitted every toon with a draconic soul gem even though it's a very meh augment (basically nothing more than a convenience that allows you to not care about ship buffs) etc. etc.

Just delete any stash of these that are still on characters that obviously used the exploit. Obviously too late to delete all of them, as then you're just throwing bargan hunters who may or may not have known any better under the bus.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

I was just talking to a CitW PUG I joined earlier today about that exactly. I checked Sarlona AH right before we stepped in the quest and it was ripe with ill-gotten goodies of all shapes and sizes, all for sale dirt cheap.

I want to believe that **** is still at the AH because those are the remnants of things put up for sale before Turbine took down the servers. Otherwise you would believe anyone who didn't try to take advantage of the exploit in one way or another was a complete and perfect idiot, given Turbine's stance (or lack of) regarding the matter.

But, as I've said, I think it's just leftovers. Let's wait a couple of days and see.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Obviously too late to delete all of them, as then you're just throwing bargan hunters who may or may not have known any better under the bus.
    Must be some very oblivious bargain hunters to not notice a very strange dive in prices.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Must be some very oblivious bargain hunters to not notice a very strange dive in prices.
    I don't know about your server but on Thelanis it would be incredibly easy especially during the previous couple days when all the sploiters were appearently holding their breath and hoping they escaped notice (and weren't listing their ill gotten booty), to open the AH, see 3 Globes for 1000-ish shards and ONE for 250 shards and not knowing anything about the exploit (because: work/family/life/not on forums) buy that 250 shard one thinking "holy wow someone doesn't know how much these are worth". Even moreso on the plat AH where there is only variously one or two at any given time.

Also see: all the sh*z that didn't get pages on pages of dups, like "combustion 134" and "Strength 8" and "spellcraft 15" augments and other stuff that people probably made a few hundred of and then just sat back and waited posting only one at a time, because every other dumdum was gleefully making globes.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Its good to see the AH get destabalized, too many loot hoars overpricing items for a long time..

Now most items selling for a fraction of what they were going for.

I am sure the AH economy will recover quickly.. it allways does.. but for now.. buy buy buy..
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

...you gotta believe me, and I wish you were there, it's just a matter of opinion.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Community Member

He said "Be you dupers?"
    And we said "Nay, we are but men. ROCK!"
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.