Thread: LR20 Question

Question LR20 Question

Been playing for a number of years and reincarnated toons a dozen or so times but never tried this so I ask, if I have a character currently a bard/fighter/rogue and want to LR20 him into a cleric/monk/rogue, will it work? I know you cannot be more than three classes at once but starting at lvl1 you will only have 1 class until you select something different. I ask because I know it does give you the option to keep the class you had previously at that level. Does that mean you are considered that class until you select a different class? Also, I don't remember but do you have to choose the class you had before at first level or can you select something else. Thanks in advance.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    Been playing for a number of years and reincarnated toons a dozen or so times but never tried this so I ask, if I have a character currently a bard/fighter/rogue and want to LR20 him into a cleric/monk/rogue, will it work? I know you cannot be more than three classes at once but starting at lvl1 you will only have 1 class until you select something different. I ask because I know it does give you the option to keep the class you had previously at that level. Does that mean you are considered that class until you select a different class? Also, I don't remember but do you have to choose the class you had before at first level or can you select something else. Thanks in advance.
    You're pretty screwed...especially with the Bard/Monk alignment restrictions. You'd probably need to take several steps...Alignment Change, LR +3 once or twice, then LR+20. It might work with just an Alignment Change, it depends on your exact class level mixes now, what you want them to be after, and at what level you took each class.

Maybe sit tight and read more about the U20 reincarnation changes, maybe they're making changes to help with situations like this.

with the +20 wood you can change all 20 level(that include first level), i have turn one of my monk into a 18/2 fvs~~

though you cannot change your alignment or race.. but anything else is possible

Community Member

I could be wrong, but I think it depends on how many rogue levels you took, and when you took them.

Community Member

Well in an ideal world and on paper it should work but this is a computer game so....the way I understand it is that the system keep track of all your classes and at which level you took them, so you are gonna need to keep track of them too. So if you swap 1 class for another at the correct level, then it will overwrite it, but if you have 2 or more level of fighter for example, then the system still keep track of those levels and now you will have 4 classes (even if you are just leveling at level 1) and it will not allow you to do it. You can only do it on one go if you only got 1 level of each class to switch and do it at the correct level. If more, they suggest you use another LR +X stone first to basically change all of 1 class to another then try again for the other class later. If you only had 2 classes then it would be all good and easy. They won't let the system remember more than 3 classes cause you might forget to switch at the correct level and actually end up with 4 classes, even by mistake.

But it might be a little more complicated than that. I have never LR with class swap anyway. Hope this helps.

Ya, forgot about the alignment. Looks like a no go, as I expected. Thanks all for your replies.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Community Member

You cant because of alignment conflict. Monk must be lawful, Bard can not be lawful.

You can't because at any given moment you can have at max 3 different classes. This is for *all* 20 levels. I mean at level 1 DDO knows what you took at level 20. It counts all levels at any given moment.

It would go like:
    - use LR+20 to replace all levels with Rogue (the only class you want to keep and has no alignment problems)
    - swap alignment
    - use multiple LR token to replace some Rogue levels with Monk or Cleric

It would be much cheaper to just TR. Maybe even faster because LR tokens have a cooldown.