The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default Draconic Breath Augmentation?

Do these effects have a DC or is just a 15% per target?

Also if they are just a straight percentage does it always trigger the ability or only if the mobs fail their save vs. your D-Breath?
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-10-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Has no one tried this out?
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

I dont think people like adding some mystery effect to their 5/rest clicky , so it probably doesn't get tried much lol...I know I haven't ever used it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    I dont think people like adding some mystery effect to their 5/rest clicky , so it probably doesn't get tried much lol...I know I haven't ever used it.
    Indeed, the 15% chance just isn't worth the investment.
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    I actually tried this when I was leveling draconic in CC with my melee toon. Not too much useful stuff to put points in, so I picked the 15% chance of paralyze.

It was so bad it was hilarious. Most of the time mobs saved against the paralyze, and I don't think I ever saw any mobs being paralyzed more than a split second, long enough to briefly see the effect. No way it ever lasted the full 4 seconds.

So, 5/rest click, 15% chance of getting resistable paralyze that doesn't last the full 4 seconds. I think there might be better uses for the points. I assume the other effects are equally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post
    I actually tried this when I was leveling draconic in CC with my melee toon. Not too much useful stuff to put points in, so I picked the 15% chance of paralyze.

It was so bad it was hilarious. Most of the time mobs saved against the paralyze, and I don't think I ever saw any mobs being paralyzed more than a split second, long enough to briefly see the effect. No way it ever lasted the full 4 seconds.

So, 5/rest click, 15% chance of getting resistable paralyze that doesn't last the full 4 seconds. I think there might be better uses for the points. I assume the other effects are equally bad.
    So the answer is yes their is a DC, thx

As for the people saying it sucks well this is on my Battle Wiz which has low DCs so theres no point in taking the SLAs but the other abilitites are pretty awesome but I had a few points left I wasn't sure what to do with it so I was debating between + to reflex and intim or D-Breath plus the augment but if the augmenet has a save ill go for the former.'

When I Epic Reincarnate+Heroic TR I'm planning to do a Battle Sorc life to try out the other side of the DDO Gish Coin thinking PDK+Sorc+Pally (might make it +rogue or monk as well once I can LR the fighter level; out so 16/2/2) this way I can go full out charisma for attack, damage, saves and spell DC. Bard16/PDK2/Rogue2 is an option as well.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-11-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    So the answer is yes their is a DC, thx

As for the people saying it sucks well this is on my Battle Wiz which has low DCs so theres no point in taking the SLAs but the other abilitites are pretty awesome but I had a few points left I wasn't sure what to do with it so I was debating between + to reflex and intim or D-Breath plus the augment but if the augmenet has a save ill go for the former.'
    The breath itself wasn't that bad, at least for purely running CC. Additional aoe, decent enough damage a handful of times (5 + extra actions). Worse than burst, but not horrible. But the augment was fully useless, to the point of being hilariously bad compared to pretty much anything else anywhere around.