Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Meh, I'm having fun. Sucks for you that you're not. Good luck and cheers.

Don't care if you don't haz much stuffz, I'd still like to haz them :P

P.S. There's another game, where they prohibit the "I'm leaving!" posts on the forum. I think it's an excellent idea.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

This is why I never grind/farm for anything in MMOs. Sooner or later, there always comes a time when something happens to render all that effort meaningless. When you look back, all you've gotten out of the game is whatever fun you had playing it. So that's what I focus on, and never mind ever catching up with the "haves:

Good luck in your next game, OP, hope you find something you enjoy

Community Member

Good luck in your future endeavours OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    This is why I never grind/farm for anything in MMOs. Sooner or later, there always comes a time when something happens to render all that effort meaningless...
    Much wisdom in this.

Community Member

Endless grind for the best gear.

Endless grind to get to 28.

Endless grind to cap all destinies.

Endless TR ing to get the PLs

However........

Running with Guildies and in channels with my friends

Equals

ENDLESS FUN

Sorry to hear DDO has lost its shine for you. Perhaps its time for you to play it socially?
    Corazonroto
    Soultrax
    Mantrax
    The Spellswords - Ghallanda

Community Member HelvanderSeries6's Avatar
    Hiding from A Living Harm Spell in the Sub-T

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

Thanks once again for making my day..lolz
    Wits and swords are as straws against the wisdom of the Darkness___Conan the Cimmerian
    Gnomes taste like mushrooms...jus say'n
    Order of the Stick http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

You stopped playing meteroid and zelda for a reason....u got bored. Ppl burn out on games and ddo is no different

Every game has a fun/reward vs time spent aspect and you've passed the threshold with ddo. Time for an exciting new adventure. No need for the melancholy

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Isn't the point of every MMO to jump on an neverending hamster wheel?

There is never a point except to have fun. If it isn't fun, then you are right it is time to find something else.
    /thread
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    You stopped playing meteroid and zelda for a reason....u got bored. Ppl burn out on games and ddo is no different

Every game has a fun/reward vs time spent aspect and you've passed the threshold with ddo. Time for an exciting new adventure. No need for the melancholy
    Yup.
    I've reached a plateau with DDO for the moment. It probably won't last though.
    I still log in daily to chat with my guildies, but for me, the game itself just doesn't give me that warm, squishy feeling anymore.
    I started playing a completely different f2p MMO and at first I was blinded by the shiny newness of it, but soon realized it's just like DDO in regards to their money-making schemes.

To be honest, maybe I'll take a break from f2p MMO's altogether for a bit.

Try some single player offline games.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Yup.
    I've reached a plateau with DDO for the moment. It probably won't last though.
    I still log in daily to chat with my guildies, but for me, the game itself just doesn't give me that warm, squishy feeling anymore.
    I started playing a completely different f2p MMO and at first I was blinded by the shiny newness of it, but soon realized it's just like DDO in regards to their money-making schemes.

To be honest, maybe I'll take a break from f2p MMO's altogether for a bit.

Try some single player offline games.
    Another way to go would be to buy some content/perks, or go VIP.....

The free content is kinda grindy and low xp on purpose, so that you will want the packs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post

If you were only logging in to run the same three quests then of course the game isn't going to be fun. If you want to raid, then start a raid group. Raid groups are filling up again because people want to raid. Why do you care if people you will never game with have dragon scale armor? None of the armor in the entire game is exactly game breaking. You can wear random loot gen armor in 99% of the game and be just fine. I find it funny that there wasn't all this whining about oh what am I supposed to do back when cap was 20 and people ran 6 or 7 raids a day in which they got zero experience, and were chasing the same couple items. Why? Because it is a social game and players were interacting with each other. If you play the game solo you are always going to get bored, the strength of the game is grouping together and having fun with other people while you quest, not you, your keyboard and code.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Another way to go would be to buy some content/perks, or go VIP.....

The free content is kinda grindy and low xp on purpose, so that you will want the packs.
    I am a VIP, well, it runs out today, actually.
    I will probably renew in a month or so...wait...maybe that's why my card was declined this morning, lol.
    Maybe it renewed automatically at midnight.
    *facepalm*

Community Member

See that? it was MEANT TO BE.

You are one of us now.... here, have some kool-aid.

Community Member

Default No MMO is perfect.

I have played quite a bit of MMO's and they all have flaws. WoW is very popular but you do the same thing over and over again. Its simple but it works.
    I never played Everquest or Tribes. My favorite MMO of all time was Star Wars Galaxies. That is also the source of my greatest disappointment. DDO has to do alot to even approach the catastrophe that was Star Wars Galaxies and the New Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    See that? it was MEANT TO BE.

You are one of us now.... here, have some kool-aid.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForumFrenzy View Post

I go searching for something other to put my time/money/energy into.

Good luck. You'll need it. And if you find it, can you tell me.

No, not a joke or a flame. Big "problem" with DDO is, that it has a good mix of solid, fluid combat, character costumization and content, that I was not able to find somewhere else so far. It kinda sucks. I did found games that have one or two parts better then DDO, but not all tree (combat/character/content). It was: super good char build, but mediocre combat and blah content Champions Online or cool content, but there-can-be-only-one-build and stand-there-and-rotate-3-4-powers SW:TOR and so on ...

Again, no offense, but I think you'll be back in like 6 months.

Edit: Oh, yes, the point of MMO. The point of a game is to have fun.
    Last edited by Kriogen; 10-11-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Try rift, they got (for an MMO) non cookie cutter builds, big and complex endgame dungeons, etc.

I personally can't stand cartoonish graphics, what's why I can't play it :/
    thanks for the tip, looks like a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Kriogen View Post
    Big "problem" with DDO is, that it has a good mix of solid, fluid combat, character costumization and content, that I was not able to find somewhere else so far. It kinda sucks.
    This. DDO was my first MMO and it has spoiled me. I tried LOTRO and kept trying to swing by clicking on the mouse. It probably also has a lot to do with my FPS days, but I just couldn't go back to the 1980s style of RPG combat.

Thank you for playing DDO, and we hope to see you return to the game soon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12