Default bug? or turbine cheat us?

just check out my wizard hat from expansion.. how come once i wear the hat i become bald? the picture above on the pre order page clearly shows hair under that hat...

ok.. here is a large picture comparison

Here is how it look on the pre order page:

and here is how it really look

My question: what happen to my hair!!! why do i have to shave my head bald just to wear a hat?

Community Member

Wink

be glad that those are not undies...

Community Member

Works the same with any head ware. Basically the game code treats hair as a default hat. So putting on a hat causes the character to take off the hair. As to why it doesn't look the same as the advertisement? Probably the same reason I've never gotten a Big Mac that looked like the one in the picture.

It seems they have made it a hair item, so it replaces hair when you wear it. My guild wishes they had modeled some hair under it so avies don't look bald.
    A pet peeve of mine is how the concept art they show us prior to getting something new, is not always as it will really appear in client...half elf looks come to mind.
    Last edited by Banshee_Kate; 10-10-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Works the same with any head ware. Basically the game code treats hair as a default hat. So putting on a hat causes the character to take off the hair. As to why it doesn't look the same as the advertisement? Probably the same reason I've never gotten a Big Mac that looked like the one in the picture.
    this is not true at all

now tell me do you see hair under these hat? yes? or not??? if the wizard are advertise as having hair under them, they should act the same in real game. you do not advertise with false information. these is law against that..

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    this is not true at all

now tell me do you see hair under these hat? yes? or not??? if the wizard are advertise as having hair under them, they should act the same in real game. you do not advertise with false information. these is law against that..
    I believe that thing, under the hat in the first picture is a bandana, not hair. Like The Big Top hat.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

I'd say they cheated you.

Community Member

this is not true at all

No, I see a bandanna under the top one and a wierd effect under the lower, where the hat seems to be pasted over the head (witch is the kind of effect they are trying to avoid by replacing hair). Also, there are laws and Turbine has the lawyers to make sure they're in compliance with them when engaging in mildly deceptive advertising.

Community Member

Is the OP a small child?

The promo picture looks absurd.
    Wherever you went - here you are.

They would need to make a separate hat model for every hair type and a script that applies the correct model to you based on your hair and another script to match your hair color. Not really worth the effort.
    Last edited by Satyriasys; 10-10-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Not all headwear replaces hair - tiaras (eg Teraza's Sight) are a prime example of hair+headwear. With any new headwear, Turbine have to make a judgement call as to whether some hair styles when combined with a particular hat would look worse than just to have the hat replace hair completely for everyone.
    My guess is that if any possible hairstyle could be seen to stick "through" a particular hat model, they do a hair-replacement job instead.

And I agree that the promo image looks horrendously photshopped, and thereby misleading.
    Last edited by Urist; 10-10-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Not all headwear replaces hair - tiaras (eg Teraza's Sight) are a prime example of hair+headwear. With any new headwear, Turbine have to make a judgement call as to whether some hair styles when combined with a particular hat would look worse than just to have the hat replace hair completely for everyone.
    My guess is that if any possible hairstyle could be seen to stick "through" a particular hat model, they do a hair-replacement job instead.
    yup for tiaras and things it doesn't really matter what your hair does. but for hats and helms there would be alot of clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartwick View Post
    Is the OP a small child?

The promo picture looks absurd.
    i can tell that you are very young, and lack the manner to spoken politely, so i'll forgive you.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    They would need to make a separate hat model for every hair type and a script that applies the correct model to you based on your hair and another script to match your hair color. Not really worth the effort.
    they don't have to, they could choose one hair style that will always shown when you equip the hat, imo that is ok. even changing hair color is ok. anyhting is better then bald character wearing a hat. the picture i found is a halfing which is actually one of the best version of this hat can achieve. they look horrible on all other race.. i wonder why turbine enjoy punishing people for supporting them. it almost seem as if we are wrong to buy the expansion and legendary upgrade.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquidMaster View Post
    be glad that those are not undies...
    Heh... hats would be the most popular Valentine's gift...

To the OP
    , why is this an "or" question?
    I think it's a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Heh... hats would be the most popular Valentine's gift...

To the OP
    , why is this an "or" question?
    I think it's a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B.
    hmm good point.. oh well.. too late to change it now.. so hard to understand why we are getting punished for buying legendary upgrade..
    the owlbear suck and insanely broken(ai)
    the cosmetic hat look nothing like how they were advertised. plus unlike the first expansion mask, these have no stats at all..
    the Wilderness Cosmetic Armor Kit look so ugly.. not sure how many people would prefer wearing them..
    the Skill Tomes are so common now, easy to acquire from saga.. and no umd tome..
    which leave only the dragon pet and 5 exp pot.. oh well.. i guess turbine don't need more money, they don't need more people buying em..

you do not advertise with false information.
    Tell that to every company out there that advertises with a perfect looking meal only to serve something that looks like it had been run over. I've long since expected pictures to be made to look far more perfect than the finished product really is. Or to put it another way I stopped being gullible regarding advertisements a long time ago.

i can tell that you are very young, and lack the manner to spoken politely, so i'll forgive you.
    I think the word you are looking for is "speak". Though if being young automatically implies he uses proper capitalization and does not use the wrong form of words, then perhaps I'm a small child as well.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Tell that to every company out there that advertises with a perfect looking meal only to serve something that looks like it had been run over. I've long since expected pictures to be made to look far more perfect than the finished product really is. Or to put it another way I stopped being gullible regarding advertisements a long time ago.

I think the word you are looking for is "speak". Though if being young automatically implies he uses proper capitalization and does not use the wrong form of words, then perhaps I'm a small child as well.
    You know, someone once made a point of telling me on the forums that correcting someone whose first language is clearly not English is not okay. The OP writes well enough that we are all able to understand his point and that really should be enough given this is not a medium in which formal communication is either required or expected.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Far be it from me to state so, but it almost looks like the promotion picture is Photoshopped...the hat simply rides too high on her head compared to the player's picture.

Just my 2 coppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post

english is not my native language, if you have any issue with that you have to consult with turbine. this game is currently a global sever~~

also being young are not indicate by how you speak, but rather what you speak. those that speak without much of thinking, or making ridiculous assumption usually only bring shame to their own names.

p.s. look i don't want either of us to get bann so ill stop here. though if you wish to continue his senseless insult you may~~