Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Look here (there's a good picture along with more from the quote below):

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post

Ran through epic Normal Web of Chaos / Sschindylryn / Demon Web.

Paid to upgrade to epic hard reward.

17 commendations.

That's doing that saga on Epic hard 118 times for an Epic Heart.
    Doing it 53 Times to get a Heroic heart.
    68 Times for an Iconic Heart.

Doing the saga 171 times to get both an Epic and Heroic heart. That's doing 9 of the 11 quests, skipping one as VIP, and paying to skip another. Hark, Ye be listening to long arse cinematics 1539 times per Epic/Heroic incarnation.
    This is simply ridiculous. The Producer / Developers make it clear during these last couple updates that Reincarnation is the basic foundation of this game and then they go and make it stupidly difficult to do. Why?

Another thing that is extremely disappointing about the COMMS of Valor.

if they will only come from completing sags you will most likely be forced to always choose COMMS as your reward if you intend to do any TRing basicly making all the other saga rewards useless.

the best part about Sagas was getting something EXTRA for completing all the quests in the SAGA weather it was a large chunk of XP, a skill tome, or some guild reknown.

Now (at least for those who intent to TR of any kind) it will be COMMS

I will reiterate that I do not like the way this looks.

It would be nice to have the COMMS always rewarded for the Saga and then choose a reward from the list.

and reduce the number of comms to something reasonable

It's just silliness all around to tie it to sagas in the first place. Why not just remove tokens of the twelve from the game wholesale and replace them with comms of valor: 5-15 in the end chest of all epic quests (both eberron and FR content) and 20-30 comms of valor for any epic raid. Plus, like the tokens/fragments their replacing, make them BTA.

That way when the extremely unreliable sagas stop working due to quest closure AGAIN and AGAIN we can at least still keep earning comms of valor.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It's just silliness all around to tie it to sagas in the first place. Why not just remove tokens of the twelve from the game wholesale and replace them with comms of valor: 5-15 in the end chest of all epic quests (both eberron and FR content) and 20-30 comms of valor for any epic raid. Plus, like the tokens/fragments their replacing, make them BTA.

That way when the extremely unreliable sagas stop working due to quest closure AGAIN and AGAIN we can at least still keep earning comms of valor.
    That makes sense Ellis! Totally signed! (insert picard meme here) Make it so Turbine! :P! ! ! Cheers!

Well still screws all the old vets etc though...Could they just go through everyone's inventory & replace the twelve tokens with valor comms instead?

That way people who grinded/earned them the hard way don't get the short end of the stick?
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    That way people who grinded/earned them the hard way don't get the short end of the stick?
    Easier to just add conversion recipes in the epic altar. Leave that recipe in there but stop all drops of the old tokens. Heck, convert those augment recipes in the 12 to comms of valor while you're at it, as well as epic cannith challenge gear and gift of the master leaving literally nothing to spend tokens on except conversion to valor. Then change the epic cannith mat turn-in from tokens to valor and you're all done.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Easier to just add conversion recipes in the epic altar. Leave that recipe in there but stop all drops of the old tokens. Heck, convert those 12 augment recipes to comms of valor while you're at it, as well as epic cannith challenge gear and gift of the master leaving literally nothing to spend tokens on except conversion to valor. Then change the epic cannith mat turn-in from tokens to valor and you're all done.
    Ok that sounds good initially, sign me up! :P! ! ! Hope Glin or Rowan are still reading the thread!

https://twitter.com/producerglin <==== Get at him! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

I like this very much great idea.

I agree. Great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Easier to just add conversion recipes in the epic altar. Leave that recipe in there but stop all drops of the old tokens. Heck, convert those augment recipes in the 12 to comms of valor while you're at it, as well as epic cannith challenge gear and gift of the master leaving literally nothing to spend tokens on except conversion to valor. Then change the epic cannith mat turn-in from tokens to valor and you're all done.

Great idea.

Well, except that if you're going to do that, then all that happens is a blanket name change from token to comm... What's the point? Easier to NOT implement CofVs at all, and simply stick to Tokens...
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Well, except that if you're going to do that, then all that happens is a blanket name change from token to comm... What's the point? Easier to NOT implement CofVs at all, and simply stick to Tokens...
    You get a huge value added because you'd add Gianthold, MotU, Shadowfell, High Road, Druid's Deep, and LoB raids to the sources for the "new epic tokens."

You get a huge value added because you'd add Gianthold, MotU, Shadowfell, High Road, Druid's Deep, and LoB raids to the sources for the "new epic tokens."
    yeh, but wouldn't it still be easier to just expand where tokens/fragments drop, and make the new TR hearts use the existing system, rather than change everything just for change's sake?
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

yeh, but wouldn't it still be easier to just expand where tokens/fragments drop, and make the new TR hearts use the existing system, rather than change everything just for change's sake?
    It is problematic for lore reasons to put tokens of the twelve in the forgotten realms.

It is problematic for lore reasons to put tokens of the twelve in the forgotten realms.
    Okay, I can buy that. What's GH's excuse?
    As for FR, drop Tokens of the Harpers and make them 1:1 tradeable at a vendor, if lore is the issue. But okay, let's say for lore's sake we change everything to CofVs, it shouldn't equate to anything more than a name change. Everything else remains equal, with the addition that they (or fragments of) drop from all E content. And then if THAT's the case, we don't really need a new currency at all. Use CofHeroism, and make THEM (or fragments of) drop from all E content.

Some threads have been moved from the General Forums to the Lamannia Forums. This is why I'm explicitily giving feedback on the heart acquiring options here as well.

The TR systems sound interesting. The options to get a heart are disappointing.

Not offering Token of the Twelve turn-ins, but via a different currency which is more game-time intensive, will probably increase store sales of hearts, but make less people TR.
    Not offering Turn-Ins from BTA items makes it harder for people with multiple alts or people who TR as they hit 20. These guys might switch from "let's TR" to "why bother".
    The time spent for getting enough CoV via sagas is horrendously too much.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Okay, I can buy that. What's GH's excuse?
    As for FR, drop Tokens of the Harpers and make them 1:1 tradeable at a vendor, if lore is the issue. But okay, let's say for lore's sake we change everything to CofVs, it shouldn't equate to anything more than a name change. Everything else remains equal, with the addition that they (or fragments of) drop from all E content. And then if THAT's the case, we don't really need a new currency at all. Use CofHeroism, and make THEM (or fragments of) drop from all E content.
    GH never had any legit excuse not to drop tokens, agreed.

A simple name change would work, sure. They'd need to deal with the fact that there are three flavors of epic tokens: fragments, tokens and greater tokens. I'm sure that could be reworked into the new system. Valor fragment, token, and greater valor token?

But since they'd be adding tokens to more content than tokens currently drop in, it would probably be pretty much the same effort to just redo all epic quests to drop the new valor as designed. This would give the extra bonus of having them fix black loch and chains of flame in the process in our favor, as well as fix the devil assault bonanza that is frankly ridiculous.

EDIT: At the end you suggested CofHeroism; do you mean commendation of heroism? If so, that's a big nay vote from me. Those are BTC. Regardless how they implement it, it needs to be BTA. That's a huge flaw with the current lama build.

GH never had any legit excuse not to drop tokens, agreed.

A simple name change would work, sure. They'd need to deal with the fact that there are three flavors of epic tokens: fragments, tokens and greater tokens. I'm sure that could be reworked into the new system. Valor fragment, token, and greater valor token?

But since they'd be adding tokens to more content than tokens currently drop in, it would probably be pretty much the same effort to just redo all epic quests to drop the new valor as designed. This would give the extra bonus of having them fix black loch and chains of flame in the process in our favor, as well as fix the devil assault bonanza that is frankly ridiculous.

EDIT: At the end you suggested CofHeroism; do you mean commendation of heroism? If so, that's a big nay vote from me. Those are BTC. Regardless how they implement it, it needs to be BTA. That's a huge flaw with the current lama build.
    K, I can get on board with your 2nd para. You're probly right that going back to add tokens to old epics is the same as just implementing the new system. So okay, new currency plus fix old epics.

As for BTA v BTC, although it feels like a nerf, I don't actually have a problem with it (too much). I mean, there's a big difference in picking up some twink and passing it to an alt versus heavily farming an item that is directly intended for use on an alt. I agree that Turb needs to find ways to make money, and the choice should always be one of convenience. In this case, If your alt doesn't want to farm tokens/comms, then pony up the dough. Otherwise the character that wants the benefit of TRing without $ has to be the one to put in the hours. Yes, that nerfs ME too, but it makes more business sense, and it's justifiable from a gameplay perspective.

Community Member

An alternative solution to your problem might be, and bear with me, I know this might sound a little crazy...

"Token's of the Twelve" could be renamed to something crazy like, I don't know "Epic Dungeon Tokens" and they could drop in any Epic content without any Lore conflicts whatsoever...

Another dumb new system. They never learn
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    An alternative solution to your problem might be, and bear with me, I know this might sound a little crazy...

"Token's of the Twelve" could be renamed to something crazy like, I don't know "Epic Dungeon Tokens" and they could drop in any Epic content without any Lore conflicts whatsoever...
    heh, I'm right there with you on the stupidity of the original name change.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast