Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Your level won't just change. If you now qualify for a higher level, you can of course to a trainer and level up.

It's possible in some small ranges end up not having enough XP for the level you previously had. You'll still be the higher level you were, but you might have the old XP debt. Except that the engineering team is going to fix that as soon as he walks away from my desk right now. (OK, he might not get to that until tomorrow.)

Seriously, the lead engineer came up to talk to me while I was writing this post. Synchronicity.

There are no second or third life curves for Epic Reincarnation. (They don't kick in until 7th life. No, OK, that's a joke, really. Otherwise someone will believe me!)

Epic is the same XP curve for all lives.

Also, yellow text does not show up well in quotes.
    Question (and thanks for letting us know about ER XP staying the same in each ER)

When I ER do I have to pick a destiny that I 'ER' in from say 20-28 or do I decide that when I hit 28 and ER again? Because I really wouldn't want a type of 'off destiny' leveling when I ER.

Community Member

Default I see the glass as half full... maybe more

Don't forget about the 20% daily bonus and greater epic xp starting with level 20. These alone likely offset the loss of streak bonuses and wilderness during an epic reincarnation. Also, we aren't getting a higher xp curve like we do with heroic TR. All good things.

But beyond that, I see this as Turbine giving an epic xp boost if I combine an epic tr with a heroic tr. By heroic tr'ing to a standard or iconic character I am getting about 2-2.5MM bonus xp during the epic leveling process. That's a nice incentive that I will take advantage with most of my characters.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

So, you've discovered that the changes to the website are bunkum and will go demand the webteam finally fix the styling issues around here? I mean it's only been 6 months we've been asking.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

And yet the official forum color for links is some sort beige/yellow....

These are areas where Epic Reincarnation mirrors Lesser Reincarnation, rather than either True Reincarnation. Epic Reincarnation is not intended to reset any quest or raid counters, including first time bonuses. Favor is also not intended to be reset with Epic Reincarnation.
    The creature within me is gone. I am free of it, and the pain. I am also quite blind. An equitable trade, Doctor. Thank you.
    --Spock in 'The Immunity Syndrome'

Community Member

Default I see the glass half full too

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Don't forget about the 20% daily bonus and greater epic xp starting with level 20. These alone likely offset the loss of streak bonuses and wilderness during an epic reincarnation. Also, we aren't getting a higher xp curve like we do with heroic TR. All good things.

But beyond that, I see this as Turbine giving an epic xp boost if I combine an epic tr with a heroic tr. By heroic tr'ing to a standard or iconic character I am getting about 2-2.5MM bonus xp during the epic leveling process. That's a nice incentive that I will take advantage with most of my characters.
    Not to mention that most people who did get their EDs maxed towards Lvl 25 had to do it with the permanent XP ransack. Nowadays XP gets back up when you wait for 2 days, so you can run the quests at full XP + daily bonus at least.

I think this way is a lot better than having to go down to Lvl 1 if you ER, and losing all opened bank slots, bag tabs etc. and having to spend some time running quests for no XP and no fun for a couple of hours to get that back before you are set to continue.

I do hope you can freely pick what ED you want to run in and then at LvL 28 choose what ED you want to get the Epic PL for without having to do much off destiny running.

Community Member

Yes, the XP curve alterations are retroactive changes. It won't be possible to be on the "old" XP curve.

Yes.

These are areas where Epic Reincarnation mirrors Lesser Reincarnation, rather than either True Reincarnation. Epic Reincarnation is not intended to reset any quest or raid counters, including first time bonuses. Favor is also not intended to be reset with Epic Reincarnation.
    Although I agree that favor and raid counters should not be reset, I think ETR would be a lot more popular if the streak and 1st time bonuses apply. Otherwise this is going to end up similar or even less popular than HTR. You are going to have many do it one time, then realize the grind is not worth the reward. As always you will have a select few that will do it regularly, because we are power mongers (muhahah).

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Geez, how bad is the Turbine color scheme? Yellow text in quotes looks fine to me, but of course I used the Turbine scheme for about 3 minutes before switching to jj's and never looking back.

Are you guys ever going to fix your color scheme? You really, really should, you know.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    +1 to EllisDee for letting me know about this great fix to DDO's forums and a +1 to JJ for making this great fix.

If either of you make a fix that I can install to allow me to log in to DDO successfully each time instead of having to log in once, wait for DDO to lock up and then quit and log in again, please let me know. I have more +1's to hand out. Lots and lots of them now that +1 doesn't actually have a button on the forums anymore.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Lots and lots of them now that +1 doesn't actually have a button on the forums anymore.
    yes it does, bottom left, under the Avatar, right next to the Report button
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Community Member

Your level won't just change. If you now qualify for a higher level, you can of course to a trainer and level up.

It's possible in some small ranges end up not having enough XP for the level you previously had. You'll still be the higher level you were, but you might have the old XP debt. Except that the engineering team is going to fix that as soon as he walks away from my desk right now. (OK, he might not get to that until tomorrow.)

Seriously, the lead engineer came up to talk to me while I was writing this post. Synchronicity.

There are no second or third life curves for Epic Reincarnation. (They don't kick in until 7th life. No, OK, that's a joke, really. Otherwise someone will believe me!)

Epic is the same XP curve for all lives.

Thank you. Now i will continue to level my TR's without worrying it might cause issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    If either of you make a fix that I can install to allow me to log in to DDO successfully each time instead of having to log in once, wait for DDO to lock up and then quit and log in again, please let me know.
    As a matter of fact I do. Wanesa's preloader solves the double-login problem for most people.

You might be interested in my thread Utilities, planners and other useful resources.

Default So you wait until I FINALLY get completionist...

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I am not going to go into detail here on Heroic True Reincarnation, except for context - at level 20 you may start a new character, gain additional stat points (up to 36, after your second life), and earn a class specific Past Life for the characters dominant class. The XP required to level will increase in successive lives as it does currently, but a significant change to the second and third tier XP curve will take effect: total XP required to level to 20 will be lower than it is on live today. For the third tier XP curve this is a huge player benefit at the final heroic levels. (XP Curve values are still in design discussion, but that said, the total XP required for first tier/first life level 1-20 will not change.) There are not a lot of changes to the Heroic Reincarnation experience, and they essentially don’t touch any Epic levels you may have gained before your decision to reincarnate.
    ~E
    And then you lower the requirements?! UUURRRGGGHH!!! *logs into game anyway and continues playing*
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Llewndyn View Post
    And then you lower the requirements?! UUURRRGGGHH!!! *logs into game anyway and continues playing*
    Remember, on Ghallanda we don't rage-quit, we rage-complete.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    When I ER do I have to pick a destiny that I 'ER' in from say 20-28 or do I decide that when I hit 28 and ER again? Because I really wouldn't want a type of 'off destiny' leveling when I ER.
    Epic Reincarnation doesn't require picking a destiny per se. You do need to earn Karma in the sphere that you want the Epic Past Life from, which means picking a Destiny in that sphere so you can earn that Karma.

Community Member

Obviously it's not a big deal, but a question occurred to me. What happens to iconic cosmetic armor. I rather a couple of them. So, let's say you TR an Iconic into some other race like halfling. What happens when you equip the cosmetic armor?

Hero

Epic Reincarnation doesn't require picking a destiny per se. You do need to earn Karma in the sphere that you want the Epic Past Life from, which means picking a Destiny in that sphere so you can earn that Karma.
    This reads that if we are a fighter in Legendary Dreadnought and want a Divine ED Past Life, we would have to be in a divine ED for 6.6+ mil XP.

Great that sounds like no fun what-so-ever.

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lutherlarry View Post
    Obviously it's not a big deal, but a question occurred to me. What happens to iconic cosmetic armor. I rather a couple of them. So, let's say you TR an Iconic into some other race like halfling. What happens when you equip the cosmetic armor?

If you read all the cosmetic armor (and their starter equipment for that matter) they all have one thing in common: RACE ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED: (iconic that you are on)
    so sadly i can't make my skimpy elf even more skimpy by TRing through shadar-kai
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    This reads that if we are a fighter in Legendary Dreadnought and want a Divine ED Past Life, we would have to be in a divine ED for 6.6+ mil XP.

Great that sounds like no fun what-so-ever.
    Would you rather be stuck in magister on your fighter the entire time or would you like some benefit by entering fatesinger?
    Sadly we can't have it all ways
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by InsanityIsYourFriend View Post
    Sadly we can't have it all ways
    Says who?

Introducing a new system which forces people who want to progress into a mechanic which is widely recognized as the worst part of ED's is ludicrous.

They have said content is balanced around being in a relevant Destiny, so in essence they are unbalancing their own game by doing so.

I just want to play the game and have fun. It should not feel like work. And this theory of "A bunch of pain for a little bit of gain" only works if your a banner in a high school locker room.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 10-18-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Yes I love playing Destinies you don't want to be in, to gain Karma or experience points, sounds likes more of a grind, era I mean fun. Hmm I wonder why this game has lost my interest with more and more design worry about grind then fun. Playing in destinies that I do not like or can not stand to get ability I find attractive, hmm just seems like the wrong approach to me. Games to me are about killing monster and gaining power, then using that new found power to beat the next challenge. This game seems to be about taking 5 steps forward then 5 steps back to get 5.1 steps forward again. To me this is the wrong approach for many reasons. One reason it harder and harder to group with your friends because the level gaps. Another reason is become harder and harder to keep up with more then 1 character. I would like if kept this in mind when designing content.. I like have a carrot to chase, but I want the chase to be fun. Not oh no in order to get X I have to collect "A", "B" and "C" then jump through "D"then go back start with "A" again to get ''E" .... To me design of the game has been about one thing anymore, the ddo store. Yes this might work for short term goals all though I doubt it very good for the continue success of the game. I do not mind hours of grind for minor gains, what I do not like is being force to reroll and redo level for power. I want to use my new found powers and not feel behind the power curve if hate replaying old quest/raids.

Why can we not just gain new abilities while playing with are new tools and power? That what makes the game fun and addictive. Not playing a gimp version of my character to gain more skills and power. Sorry it a fantasy game, let me play my characters. Maybe have options to TR without redoing levels, by making them gain more experience. Stop limiting game play to one style, not everyone likes rerolling. Do not tell do not have to do it, reality if don't you become further and further behind the power curve. I hate leveling more then once or twice and always have. So being force into the process over and over sucks.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast