Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Delsine View Post
    But I am curious, will it really be worth Epic TRing when the level cap reaches level 30? If the total XP requirement will be 9,750,000 to reach level 30 from level 20, then do the TR rewards meet the amount of effort expended to reach that level?
    We are keeping an eye on epic XP requirements, as well as XP from epic quests. Since content past level 25 is still relatively new we aren't planning any kneejerk changes (which is part of why we've focused more on heroic quests for XP changes), but these are things we may adjust in the future.

Will a character that preforms a heroic true reincanation and starts a new life as an Iconic bladeforged (or other iconic) recieve the gear package and especially the cosmetic armors that the normal starting Iconic gets?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Default Epic TR - streak bonuses and 38 pt build?

Are these assumptions correct:

1) You won't be eligible for a streak bonus if you ran the quest prior to your epic TR
    2) The 38 pt build that was mentioned as part of the older proposal no longer applies.

Thank you
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Since content past level 25 is still relatively new we aren't planning any kneejerk changes (which is part of why we've focused more on heroic quests for XP changes), but these are things we may adjust in the future.
    Might I suggest increasing the base exp in the "new" content by 50%, because it really has nothing else going for it currently.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post

1) You won't be eligible for a streak bonus if you ran the quest prior to your epic TR
    2) The 38 pt build that was mentioned as part of the older proposal no longer applies.

Thank you
    and 3) All slayers/explorers won't reset after an ER, thus greatly reducing the available xp.

Community Member

will there be a way to purchase or earn the bladeforged iconic, in case someone missed the preorder but wants its iconic past life ?

I apologize for this following question, if it has already been answered, or otherwise responded to previously. I have only read the posts that were shown on the Dev Tracker, but I may have still missed it.

I recently did a True Reincarnation (TR) on one of my characters for the first time ever. So I am on a 2nd life. I am very much wondering, if the XP changes for TR life 2 & life 3+ are going to be retroactive or not?

I recently TR'd my first character (and oldest), after playing for many years. I am currently on my 2nd life. When Update 20 is released to the Live server, will these XP requirements be changed for this character? If I am close to my next level, within a reasonable amount for the new changes, will I be eligible to level to the next level immediately? Or will I have to level according to the current system on Live?

I have other characters that I would like to level to 20 and then TR soon (finally after playing for YEARS), but I'm wondering if I should hold off or not, until after the next Update. A response from the Devs (or forum member if this has already been answered) would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    and 3) All slayers/explorers won't reset after an ER, thus greatly reducing the available xp.
    And 4) Favor will not be reset like it does with True Reincarnation, greatly reducing the amount of free TP we get to earn?

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    And 4) Favor will not be reset like it does with True Reincarnation, greatly reducing the amount of free TP we get to earn?
    right I do not see the point in NOT RESETING favor there is no reward so great that one can not live without it while re-leveling through EPICS

I could understand leaving the favor alone from <20 because your not going back to level 1 but, anything past 20 should be favor reset and streak bonus reapplied

We are keeping an eye on epic XP requirements, as well as XP from epic quests. Since content past level 25 is still relatively new we aren't planning any kneejerk changes (which is part of why we've focused more on heroic quests for XP changes), but these are things we may adjust in the future.
    So you are not improving the xp that epic elite questing gives I take it from this post? I just want to say that the carrot that epic elite gives for incentive to run it is not enough. I have to fight to get groups for epic elite.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delsine View Post
    Maybe I missed this somewhere along the way, so please forgive me if this is a duplicate question/comment.

But I am curious, will it really be worth Epic TRing when the level cap reaches level 30? If the total XP requirement will be 9,750,000 to reach level 30 from level 20, then do the TR rewards meet the amount of effort expended to reach that level?

Sure there will be some that will achieve this quickly, and kudos to them. For a middle of the road player, this amount of XP seems to be daunting to say the least.

The total amount of EXP is not really that important.

Bravery bonus level 1 quests maybe 1000 exp
    Bravery bonus level 15 quests maybe 20 000 exp

In which case 100 000 exp at level 15 would be easier to get than 10 000 exp at level 1.

Epic levels are the same. It may take more exp, but avg then exp per min is greater:

to figure out which is best take:

total exp needed / (exp/min) for 1-20
    and
    total exp needed / (exp/min) for 15-28 (or later 15-30)

Im not sure which is faster. but what is really important is what will you enjoy doing? Do that one....

To begin with, I should say that I really like these changes to the system. Not only is this less grindy than the previous option, but it provides some game-changing advantages.

1) For those of us that keep most of our toons epic because we dont like having to redo all our raid flags and favor rewards, this gives us a new type of completionist path whereby we can continue to advance our characters without the full reset that is traditional TR.
    2) The TR system now offers more options as opposed to less. There are three whole TR tracks which can be followed, and hence triple the avenues for character advancement.
    3) This definitely boosts the epic game, which I'm sure is one of the goals of the devs. Doubtless there will be more reason to be continually running epic content after cap, and hence more epic lfms.
    4) While I have come to love Eberron content, this does offer a new type of experience where one could run an entirely FR campaign, which adds more flexibility to the gaming experience.
    5) The unique Iconic path ensures Iconics have a fuller experience for good rewards, and that the L15 starting point isnt just a cheat to get to TR to completionist quickly.

All in all, I love this. However, slarden raises a good question which I also have.

Thank you
    For a lot of people, streak is important to level progression. And if epic TR makes the epic xp curve steeper, than the loss of the possibility of any form of streak after the first life could make the epic experience more grindy. If its one variable versus another than definitely preserving flags and favor is infinitely more important, but I wonder if there wouldnt be a way to reset streaks so they could be gained again after an epic TR without otherwise messing with flags and favor.

Also, epic completionist sounds like a really good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanincubus View Post
    I recently did a True Reincarnation (TR) on one of my characters for the first time ever. So I am on a 2nd life. I am very much wondering, if the XP changes for TR life 2 & life 3+ are going to be retroactive or not?
    Yes, the XP curve alterations are retroactive changes. It won't be possible to be on the "old" XP curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Will a character that preforms a heroic true reincanation and starts a new life as an Iconic bladeforged (or other iconic) recieve the gear package and especially the cosmetic armors that the normal starting Iconic gets?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    These are areas where Epic Reincarnation mirrors Lesser Reincarnation, rather than either True Reincarnation. Epic Reincarnation is not intended to reset any quest or raid counters, including first time bonuses. Favor is also not intended to be reset with Epic Reincarnation.

Yes, the XP curve alterations are retroactive changes. It won't be possible to be on the "old" XP curve.
    So, if I take level 5 on my TR with just enough XP to qualify what happens when the update rolls? Do I stay at level 5 even though I have insufficient experience or do I "roll back" to level 4?

Hero

including first time bonuses.
    Why the decision to not reset first time bonuses? To further increase the grind?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Why the decision to not reset first time bonuses? To further increase the grind?
    My guess is because they don't want to reset favor.

Because Epic Reincarnation is not true reincarnation. It is a form of lesser reincarnation.

I'll take a stab at a guess. They probably don't want to muck with the coding for LR any more than they have to. I am guessing the code for ER is essentially LR coding with some changes to grant benefits for your epic destiny progression. If you start throwing favor, first-time completions, and raid completions into the mix, then things are wont to get much more complicated. But honestly, with the way the epic game is right now, there is a lot more to do than there used to be. Cycle between running different quests every day and loss of first-time bonuses shouldn't be a big deal. I haven't seen any mention of the devs increasing the XP required to level to cap after an ER, rather they have said they will probably lower it for all characters (albeit they also said they will look at lowering epic XP in epic quests as well so that is allegedly going to be a wash). So for example, run the level 20 epic quests one day, the level 21 epic quests the day after, the level 22 epic quests the day after that, etc. People need to get out of the mindset of thinking evon3, ewiz-king, and impossible demands are the only quests worth running at epic. Sure, it's nice to run 'em once a day for the daily bonus, but beyond that people should be running some of the other content. I actually find epic leveling a lot more satisfying than TRing because there is always a lot more variety given that the max level for XP penalty and the power-leveling penalties are both relaxed. You can have a level 20 running with a level 26 in a level 21 quest and no one is getting XP penalties if I understand the rules correctly. In fact, I often put up LFMs with a level range of 21-28 and no one ever seems to complain about XP penalties. You can pretty much run ANY epic quest while leveling in epic levels with almost anyone over level 20. That's a larger pool of players to group with than the narrow 2-level range in which most people run heroic quests.

These are areas where Epic Reincarnation mirrors Lesser Reincarnation, rather than either True Reincarnation. Epic Reincarnation is not intended to reset any quest or raid counters, including first time bonuses. Favor is also not intended to be reset with Epic Reincarnation.
    The slayer and explorer xp part has me a bit nervous. I do these areas when I am otherwise busy in life and can only squeeze 10 or 15 minutes in during various breaks. That will really put a damper on my enjoyment of my main if I do choose to ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    My guess is because they don't want to reset favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Because Epic Reincarnation is not true reincarnation. It is a form of lesser reincarnation.
    Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    I'll take a stab at a guess. They probably don't want to muck with the coding for LR any more than they have to. I am guessing the code for ER is essentially LR coding with some changes to grant benefits for your epic destiny progression. If you start throwing favor, first-time completions, and raid completions into the mix, then things are wont to get much more complicated. But honestly, with the way the epic game is right now, there is a lot more to do than there used to be. Cycle between running different quests every day and loss of first-time bonuses shouldn't be a big deal. I haven't seen any mention of the devs increasing the XP required to level to cap after an ER, rather they have said they will probably lower it for all characters (albeit they also said they will look at lowering epic XP in epic quests as well so that is allegedly going to be a wash). So for example, run the level 20 epic quests one day, the level 21 epic quests the day after, the level 22 epic quests the day after that, etc. People need to get out of the mindset of thinking evon3, ewiz-king, and impossible demands are the only quests worth running at epic. Sure, it's nice to run 'em once a day for the daily bonus, but beyond that people should be running some of the other content. I actually find epic leveling a lot more satisfying than TRing because there is always a lot more variety given that the max level for XP penalty and the power-leveling penalties are both relaxed. You can have a level 20 running with a level 26 in a level 21 quest and no one is getting XP penalties if I understand the rules correctly. In fact, I often put up LFMs with a level range of 21-28 and no one ever seems to complain about XP penalties. You can pretty much run ANY epic quest while leveling in epic levels with almost anyone over level 20. That's a larger pool of players to group with than the narrow 2-level range in which most people run heroic quests.
    (Sam, you might have some good albeit off topic points but huge blocks of text like that are just about impossible to read.)

Three guesses, some or all may be right. Just proves the point I was looking for:

So many points of this process are convoluted and needlessly complex enhanced by the decision to release things in increments. It bogels my mind that Turbine revamp the ENHC's with a major selling point of making them easier to use and explain to new players. Then you release (ER, IR, whatever acronym you decide to use) in just about the most confusing, spaghetti-like manner.

Please for the love of god, take some time, not just the time on your lunch break while your inhaling a wrap, and methodically answer questions. It seems like you have cherry picked the ones that only require a Yes, No or very short sentence to answer. Also include why you doing something one way instead of another. While a handful of people might understand, there are many, many more who do not.

You want us to be excited for this right? The diehard cheerleaders don't need an explanation, they will do whatever Turbine says. But most regular people, like me see this as a huge mess that we have to spend a good chunk of time piecing posts together to only get a partial idea of what's happening. Do you think the average player in-game is going to get it? Especially with your "numbers" showing only ~5% (or whatever low number it was) of players on the forums?

Sure some players can make posts trying to tie things together, but they are often wrong and misleading with commentary that clouds the real issue even more. Do the right things and communicate with us. YES, NO and SOON is not communication; it's basically grunting an answer. Not just say you are communicating, show it. Make us feel like we are important as many of us are not mindless lemmings following Turbine everywhere.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast