Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LadyKoneko View Post
    Its been said that toons w/ capped out eds would recieve retro-active karma points...

are you currently thinkin earning KP based on xp... aka 10000 xp (or w/e) equals 1KP.. or

is it based on ranks/level... which would mean there is a hard cap on KP..?
    Since ED XP is not affected by any TR, this would seem to be out the window. You would get karma at the same rate as anyone else after it is released unless I miss my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Does a character that HTRs into an Iconic race get the cosmetic armors and other gear that an Iconic normally starts with?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    One more, sorry.

Is this right?
    I make it something like:

But it's late and I've had a beer so could be something else

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

[pic]

Cut the bottom losangle and it is right. Iconics can't use Heroic TR, and you already asked if they are iconic before going down that line.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

ow

Flowcharts for something that should be very simple. I think this points to a design failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    ow

Flowcharts for something that should be very simple. I think this points to a design failure.
    On the contrary. Having multiple levels of starting and ending points, Past Lives of any kind are going to be a bit complex. The flowchart is logical and relatively simple. I'd say design pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Any chance of either:
    1) Allow gender change through reincarnation (or DDO store purchased item)
    or
    2) Fix the issues with certain gender/race combinations and monk cleave/great cleave. See this thread for more detail.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    ow

I don't see this as complex at all.

Hum, I should have saved my Lesser Heart of Wood.....

Community Member

Default And while you are at it...

Quote Originally Posted by bollwerk View Post
    Any chance of either:
    1) Allow gender change through reincarnation (or DDO store purchased item)
    or
    2) Fix the issues with certain gender/race combinations and monk cleave/great cleave. See this thread for more detail.
    Could you throw in sex change option for reincarnating characters, too?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    You may have one past life toggled active from each sphere.
    By that statement, that means we could have 4 past life toggles active at any moment as we have 4 spheres to work within.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Could you throw in sex change option for reincarnating characters, too?
    ^^This please. I know that this has been advocated for several times over. would be nice to have some feedback on if this is even being considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Since ED XP is not affected by any TR, this would seem to be out the window. You would get karma at the same rate as anyone else after it is released unless I miss my guess.
    It's not out the window. The general idea is to have karma generated by epic destiny xp (applying to whichever sphere is "active" when you earn the xp) and people with existing destiny xp will get credited for whatever karma that would have generated. This was said after they'd already given up on wiping destiny xp, so retaining destiny xp isn't a change to this plan.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    More Iconics please in the years to come.

Thanks this system is looking great.
    The Silver Seal of Approval? Okay, I'm sold.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    In this situation, one could easily simply randomly take any feats, any skills, any level ups.
    Since the build would no longer matter as a Heroic TR would follow the Epic Reicarnate.
    Choices would be simple and very fast, resulting in under 10 minutes of gameplay.

More time would be spent emptying your reincarnation bank.
    More time would be spent farming challenges for tokens to turn into True Hearts.
    More time would be spent post on the forums and chatting with friends to plan out your next life.

So, while this seems like a problem, don't sweat it.

Pratical experience watching Cloey do three lives in one week proves that this is not a real concern.

I repeat, its very, very easy to randomly choose stats (including 08 int), skills, and feats to level back up to 20.
    It looks like ER comes with a built-in LR+20. No more whining about off destinies, and maybe the ability to re-level in different class for Heroic PL preference. Something to think about.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    It looks like ER comes with a built-in LR+20. No more whining about off destinies, and maybe the ability to re-level in different class for Heroic PL preference. Something to think about.
    Pretty sure it's LR+0, not LR+20. Otherwise you could get completionist by running the same exact heroic build over and over and over.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Cut the bottom losangle and it is right. Iconics can't use Heroic TR, and you already asked if they are iconic before going down that line.
    Good call. Revised to show that you can get off or on the Iconic path whenever you Heroic TR or Iconic TR.

Still need more info on:
    1. How karma points are earned, how many you lose when you Epic TR or Iconic TR
    2. Actual cost in terms of tokens for Epic Hearts of Wood or Iconic Hearts of Wood
    3. Specifics of Epic Past Life Feats
    4. Specifics of Iconic Past Life Feats
    5. Do we need to empty our TR cache to Epic TR?
    6. Do we need to empty our TR cache to Iconic TR?
    7. Whether Epic Completionist concept has been totally dumped
    8. Launch date for U20 ... November?

I'm wondering whether the maximum number of Heroic Past Lifes should be increased from 3.

Let's say you have 3 rogue Past Lives. And you decide you want 3 Shadar-kai Past Lives, who you happen to level up as a rogue. You'll still gain the Shadar-kai Past Life when you Iconic TR, but you won't get any gain from the Rogue Past Life. There are definitely advantages to levelling an Iconic in a class that you haven't already gained x3 Past Lives for, but that might not be possible for everyone.

I'm sorry for skipping everything apart from the OP but I have a question. These changes sound great for people who TR a lot, but could someone let me know if you still lose all the favor that was gained in your previous Heroic life? I've been away for quite some time and I remember losing the tomes and the favor were always the two pain points with TRing for me personally. I've read on the wiki that you don't lose tomes anymore (yey!) but I don't know what happens to favor.

Sorry for the slightly side-topic question; I just want to see how much these changes would affect me if I decided to TR a lot.

Thanks
    Endure... In enduring, grow strong...
    -- Dak'kon, of the People

Sarezar

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is a big difference between behind and hopelessly behind.

28 point builds are behind 36 pointers, but the difference is usually an 18 in one stat becoming a 16, and Con dropping 2 points. That's 5% behind in offensive capacity, and 28 hp - far from hopelessly behind. Yet most players will work on getting to 36 points in time.

Contrast that to an Evoker FVS (currently an out of fashion build, but has been powerful in the past and may be again). Their gains for Implosion are as follows:

- +1 DC Wiz active PL
    - +3 DC Sorc passive PL acquired three times
    - (rarer) +1 DC Completionist

20-25% is a ridiculous gap in effectiveness - much more than gear provides. (For instance the DPS difference between EN First Blood and EE First Blood is about 3%).

The game doesn't reward all the ridiculously time consuming things you could do. Running Waterworks at level 20 is (correctly) not rewarded at all with in-game power because it is in no way an achievement. The same can be said for running Epic Hard content on a level 20 in a capped, synergistic destiny.
    First of all, compared a % DC difference and a % DPS difference is silly. Show me how much a fighter past life helps DPS...(hint, it's less than 3%). And yes, gear CAN help your DC a lot more than the 5 given by sorc/sorc/sorc/wiz and everything else once. What used to be a good DC for epics before MoTU? 40-42, with 45 starting to be uber. Now casters and monks and other classes can get their DCs not just into the 50s but 60s and in some cases far, far beyond. Why aren't you complaining about the +11 stat items, or the massive increases from EDs?

The power creep is not from past lives and even suggesting that is the case is being willfully blind.

I generally agree with your posts.

But I think spending 2 feats and ~15 lives resulting in a 20-25% increase in effectiveness is fine. Particularly when gear and EDs are giving, together, over 100-150% increase...so much that the D20 is straining.

You are dead wrong on this issue. Your several posts on it scream of entitlement. First lifers should be worse than 20th lifers. Why bother TRing, then, if you cannot notice the before and after?

Your implosion not landing? Don't complain because they balanced top content against what top players are doing. And even then, don't say TRing is mandetory...it's not and never has been. You see any "TR only" lfms for 20+ content? No, because anyone with half a brain realizes past life benefits, while nice, are not mandetory

If a first lifer cannot DC cast (DIFFERENT than spell pen, which you keep mentioning and confusing the two) in EE, they should do EN or EH. There is no way to make a sorc PL give LESS than one DC. Making it give 1/2 a DC or 1/4 a DC? Absurd. Doing 4+ million XP to get +1 DC to ONE spell school is fine...don't even TRY to make it seem like too great a reward. If you are well built and geared-which as a TR you probably are-the + to DC doesn't even MATTER in EN or EH as you are probably at near no-fail even without those past lives! So it only helps in 1 difficulty.

I have no problem with them balancing top content around Reincarnation, whether heroic or epic in nature. The hardest content needs to be...well, hard. And past lives need to give large benefits.

It's not like 30% vs 50% implosion chance is game breaking or character breaking. The 30% guy can still cast other spells, heal, melee...or even can still cast implosion and hope the neg levels help him get lucky.

I say NO to making past lives worth it, I say NO to making endgame too easy, I say NO to making past lives worthless. They are fine as they are and if anything some of them should be buffed. You see plenty of people doing wiz/sorc/fvs/mnk/rgr lives because they are USEFUL.

How many people are doing multiple bard past lives?

I really hope epic reincarnation benefits are worth it. People respond to incentives and I think it's important that it seems "worth it" because of how good they are, not just because it's "what we should be doing now"

Good call. Revised to show that you can get off or on the Iconic path whenever you Heroic TR or Iconic TR.
    I thought your flowchart looked overly complicated and confusing, so I made my own, with friendlier shapes and pastel colours. :P

I kept the iconic/mundane paths separate for clarity, and left out things like vet status, since that is neither here nor there when discussing TRing.
    Let the diagram wars begin!

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast